Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

shalome

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
edit: claymore vs marriott for weekday dinner. price ard the same. Which one would yáll recommend?

from my research here, marriott got quality. claymore got beef got lobster(? on a weekday?). mariott got?

I would still go for Marriott's hahah

Was at Claymore just 2 weeks back - bad bad bad

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back to Straits Cafe after a long absence. As with experience, the spread and quality of the food in general are quite good when there's no promotion. Even the staff i spoke to tells me to avoid the voucher promotion periods! :s8: Morale of the story: $$$ determines the food quality and spread.

Actually, if they still have the 3 pay 2 cc promo, then the voucher is actually abt the same price. Only thing is more convenient cos no need multiples of 3. So the spread also lousier during the days with the 3 pay 2 cc promo?

Hows the snow crab legs? Tats the biggest disapointment i had at Straits. They used to serve good snow crab legs.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K, buying vouchers for all now tat there's 10% discount. If you can't make it, please let me know. Thanks.

I :love: XJN
Date: Mon 1 Dec 2014
Time: 630pm
Venue: XJN @ Marina Square
Price: $25 nett with free flow tea n wet towel

Participants:
1. Toons
2. Duriand24
3. Carey
4. Robin
5. Dennyz
6. Lengbebe

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the 3 pay 2 promo..I was referring to voucher promotions. In any case it's better to avoid any of their promotions. I will call to enquire before making a reservation.

The snow crabs legs are decent for that night. They are not mushy and they seemed to be quite fresh.

Actually, if they still have the 3 pay 2 cc promo, then the voucher is actually abt the same price. Only thing is more convenient cos no need multiples of 3. So the spread also lousier during the days with the 3 pay 2 cc promo?

Hows the snow crab legs? Tats the biggest disapointment i had at Straits. They used to serve good snow crab legs.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. So you normally go on Thu to Sun nights for dinner? No promo at all?

Not sure about the 3 pay 2 promo..I was referring to voucher promotions. In any case it's better to avoid any of their promotions. I will call to enquire before making a reservation.

The snow crabs legs are decent for that night. They are not mushy and they seemed to be quite fresh.

xberri

Reaction score
My bad experience was only during the promotion periods...typically Monday to Wednesday.

I was unlucky then :s13: The drinks selection there damn pathetic. Only got coffee machine (wtf???). Oh and did I even mention. My table got so much ants crawling around. I ask the waitress cleanup she gimme the buay song face and was so half assed about it. Tells you so much about the hygiene and service there :s22:

I would still go for Marriott's hahah

Was at Claymore just 2 weeks back - bad bad bad

what kind of food do they offer at marriott's weekday dinner? any picture? hehehe. deliberating over this and cafe 2000 (because they got offerrrrrrrrrrr and got lobster :3) fwah if marriott gotch lobster on thurs night then... :s8:

online review ish cafe2k > marriott lmfao :s22:

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
I will normally pick either Thurs or Fri but for this week, i went on a Wed because they did not have any on going promotion. Without promotion, i paid the full price of $50++.

Thanks. So you normally go on Thu to Sun nights for dinner? No promo at all?

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, only coffee and tea but the coffee is not bad and they make some mean teh tarik! No juices unfortunately. I think your experience is likely a one off incident. :( I've been there quite a no. of times and i've not come across dirty tables and poor service, just disappointing food quality and spread on those voucher visits. The staff are usually quite prompt and polite, much better than many of the other buffet outlets that i've been to.

I was unlucky then :s13: The drinks selection there damn pathetic. Only got coffee machine (wtf???). Oh and did I even mention. My table got so much ants crawling around. I ask the waitress cleanup she gimme the buay song face and was so half assed about it. Tells you so much about the hygiene and service there :s22:

robincheok

Reaction score
How much is marriott ? Any promo

what kind of food do they offer at marriott's weekday dinner? any picture? hehehe. deliberating over this and cafe 2000 (because they got offerrrrrrrrrrr and got lobster :3) fwah if marriott gotch lobster on thurs night then... :s8:

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Marriott is a mix of international plus local

International includes sashimi (3 varieties IIRC), oysters, crayfish, crab legs and lobsters on weekends; there's also a mean pork saddle roast, but the beef is a hit and miss sometimes, and they may or may not have lamb

There is also a pasta station and the cooked food section for international has beef cheek (oh so good if it's available), veal tongue etc

There is also a local section with roast meat (duck and charsiew) plus a la mian station plus the usual cooked food (usually don't eat)...hahah

Desserts are quite good - heard the ice cream is movenpick - I like the cheese cake there :D

As for pictures, you have to dig through some of my old postings bah...lazy to post again =:p

Kahlan

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xberri

Reaction score
How much is marriott ? Any promo

now normal price normal spread roh... got some cc promo.
use eatigo and enjoy a discount of at least 10% :D

Marriott is a mix of international plus local

International includes sashimi (3 varieties IIRC), oysters, crayfish, crab legs and lobsters on weekends; there's also a mean pork saddle roast, but the beef is a hit and miss sometimes, and they may or may not have lamb

There is also a pasta station and the cooked food section for international has beef cheek (oh so good if it's available), veal tongue etc

There is also a local section with roast meat (duck and charsiew) plus a la mian station plus the usual cooked food (usually don't eat)...hahah

Desserts are quite good - heard the ice cream is movenpick - I like the cheese cake there :D

As for pictures, you have to dig through some of my old postings bah...lazy to post again =:p

thanks carey! :D unfortunately if I go there I'll be going there on a weekday so no lobster for me sobz ;n;

sianz carousel fully booked for the month of december riaos :(

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently tried this seafood buffet at traders hotel hello kittyland there at johor nusajaya near 2nd link.

nett abt 125rm but eat until peng, the variety is quite good plus theres lobsters and tiger prawns.

its across the causeway though, can consider for those who cross the causeway occasionally.

robincheok

Reaction score
High investment, must buy travel insurance somemore lol
High investment, must buy travel insurance somemore lol

FYI carousel weekend buffet including live tiger prawn fresh catch from the tank, i find it dam good.

recently tried this seafood buffet at traders hotel hello kittyland there at johor nusajaya near 2nd link.

nett abt 125rm but eat until peng, the variety is quite good plus theres lobsters and tiger prawns.

its across the causeway though, can consider for those who cross the causeway occasionally.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.