Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristangel

Reaction score
Air-conditioning for 5 rm flat - any recommendation please?

Hi Terumo guru,

I'm a newbie here and would like to seek for your opinion for the air-con installation.

I intend to install air-con for my HDB BTO 5rm flat as follow:

1) Master room x 1
2) Normal room x 2
3) Study room x 1
4) Living room x 1

My friend is suggested me to install Mitsushi Inverter System 4 for Master/Normal/Study room. As for Living room will be installed 1 single unit.
The usage in Living room is quite minimal.

In fact, i'm more prefer taking Daikin.

Please advise which brand is recommended for energy saving and suitable for flat.

Thank you.

tit4ns

Reaction score
Dear forumers,

I bought my resale flat 5 years ago and it came with a toshiba aircon which previous owner installed. And recently when I on my masterbed room aircon, it short circuited whole house circuit, but the other 2rooms aircon seems to work fine... few days back I asked a aircon guy to check on my aircon but was told that my 1 compressor that is running my masterbed rm aircon is gone case liao...

That aircon guy stepped outside to my main unit and do some things, and it stopped tripping my whole house elec circuit...

Few days later, the aircon starts tripping again... I called the guy, he told me to get a new aircon cos this compressor if repair minimum 600-800...

I need some advice from forumers here, on which brand and model to go for? I'm looking at a system 3, 1 masterbed rm, 2 common room... and advice on where to get it... I heard that gain city have some reasonable offers and their workmanship not bad...

I thank u guys in adVance. I appreciate greatly. Thanks.. :)

wacko82

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo guru,

I'm a newbie here and would like to seek for your opinion for the air-con installation.

I intend to install air-con for my HDB BTO 5rm flat as follow:

1) Master room x 1
2) Normal room x 2
3) Study room x 1
4) Living room x 1

My friend is suggested me to install Mitsushi Inverter System 4 for Master/Normal/Study room. As for Living room will be installed 1 single unit.
The usage in Living room is quite minimal.

In fact, i'm more prefer taking Daikin.

Please advise which brand is recommended for energy saving and suitable for flat.

Thank you.

Hi,
I am no air con guru, but why not a system 3 (MBR and normal room) + a system 2 (study + living) with 12 or 18k btu for the living room unit.

tit4ns

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got back from gain city, I think I wI'll get the Mitsubishi starmex sys3 inverter. I was quoted the followings,

$2979 for whole unit plus 5yrs basic warranty...

Add $150 bracket, $180 for upgrade of the piping and insulator... and today got offer of adding $99 for Extended 4yrs electronics warranty which was initially 1yr warranty only and normal days extension warranty cost $399...

Total is $3408

May I know if it's worth it?
Thanks alot for advices...

terumo

Reaction score
To kristangel,

My suggestion,
U can get a single system for ur master room.
If it is used daily.
Then the other 4 units to a system 4.
Or master room + 2 bedroom a sys 3.
Study room + living a sys 2.
As suggested by bro wacko82 too.

If living is seldom used, no point getting a single system for that alone.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To tit4ns,

The $2979 (nett, including GST?) is quite reasonable for a sys 3 installation.

But those additional warranty, u have to read the T & Cs carefully before committing.

Last edited:

tit4ns

Reaction score
To tit4ns,

But those additional warranty, u have to read the T & Cs carefully before committing.

Hi terumo bro,

I have bought the Mitsubishi starmex from gain city @changi city point...

$2979 + $150(bracket) + $180(tube and insulation upgrade) + $129(additional insurance coverage with no limit cap) and they have 3yrs labour warranty, if their workmanship not good, it'll be covered ...

Total bill to be $3438... the salesman very friendly too. It's a good experience to get from gain city. :)

tit4ns

Reaction score
To tit4ns,

Terumo bro, thank you very much for your advice.

kennyctf

Reaction score
Hi tit4ns,

Can i know what is yr configuration? 9K x 3 or...

thanks

Hi terumo bro,

I have bought the Mitsubishi starmex from gain city @changi city point...

$2979 + $150(bracket) + $180(tube and insulation upgrade) + $129(additional insurance coverage with no limit cap) and they have 3yrs labour warranty, if their workmanship not good, it'll be covered ...

Total bill to be $3438... the salesman very friendly too. It's a good experience to get from gain city. :)

kristangel

Reaction score
To kristangel,

My suggestion,
U can get a single system for ur master room.
If it is used daily.
Then the other 4 units to a system 4.
Or master room + 2 bedroom a sys 3.
Study room + living a sys 2.
As suggested by bro wacko82 too.

If living is seldom used, no point getting a single system for that alone.

May I know which brand is recommended for my unit? Mitsubishi, Toshiba or Daikin?

Thank you.

terumo

Reaction score
To kristangel,

The 3 brands u mentioned r ok, thou Toshiba is a bit overpriced.

star06moon

Reaction score
hi, are those quoted price payment only by NETS ?Do they take credit card payment and IPP payment?

kennyctf

Reaction score
GC

Just went down to GC yesterday, GC has reduced the price for Starmex Sys 3 recently... The last time I went previously was on late Nov before the price reduction.

jyod24

Reaction score
Brands to recommend

I always stand by the fact that simplicity offer the best in terms of valuable and repairability. I know there are many brands that offer different kind of technology like ions cleansing or easy clean etc. However at the end of the day after warranty what so ever, you will be paying for all these 'complexity' charges. Trust me that few years down the road, an aircon serve just to cool the room and you probably end up calling third party agents to aid in your preventive maintence or servicing.

Go for inverter system, cause you never know how much electricity prices will go up and most of the electricity consumption comes from aircon. Pay a bit more and save much more in the end :)

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TONG LIM still offers the lowest price around. Starmex sys 3 for replacement units @ $2665 nett.

Tong Lim
u know wat copper pipe grade they using? cable?

but is cheapest i think

workmanship not much review

so far aron and boon 0 complains i read

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear forumers,

I bought my resale flat 5 years ago and it came with a toshiba aircon which previous owner installed. And recently when I on my masterbed room aircon, it short circuited whole house circuit, but the other 2rooms aircon seems to work fine... few days back I asked a aircon guy to check on my aircon but was told that my 1 compressor that is running my masterbed rm aircon is gone case liao...

That aircon guy stepped outside to my main unit and do some things, and it stopped tripping my whole house elec circuit...

Few days later, the aircon starts tripping again... I called the guy, he told me to get a new aircon cos this compressor if repair minimum 600-800...

I need some advice from forumers here, on which brand and model to go for? I'm looking at a system 3, 1 masterbed rm, 2 common room... and advice on where to get it... I heard that gain city have some reasonable offers and their workmanship not bad...

I thank u guys in adVance. I appreciate greatly. Thanks.. :)

ur case sibei similar to me
but now still tripped 2-3x a day after aircon disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.