Acoustic Werkes CIEM

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
It's actually quite heartwarming that you two are being given warnings *before* you lay down your cash. AAW has really moved ahead leaps and bounds in terms of customer service.

iichigoz

Reaction score
LOL gambler at heart. Yes please do update me about the outcome :) Actually I am quite inclined to do it because it can solve many problems I don't like about the iem (non-detachable cable, bulky weird thing sticking out of ear, fit issues with stock tips)

Yes i will update u when I get it. I really like the sound signature of the h300 despite its overly bright treble but I really love the sound of the bass. The fit really sucks though. I have very small ears and it's really ugly seeing them sticking out and it drops out very easily so just decided to reshell it. Yup and they also did mentioned that I have to accept the terms of them retuning if they spoil. They made it very clear to me so that's very kind of them.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes i will update u when I get it. I really like the sound signature of the h300 despite its overly bright treble but I really love the sound of the bass. The fit really sucks though. I have very small ears and it's really ugly seeing them sticking out and it drops out very easily so just decided to reshell it. Yup and they also did mentioned that I have to accept the terms of them retuning if they spoil. They made it very clear to me so that's very kind of them.

Pictures hor! What's the ETA they gave you?

icecapt

Reaction score
It's actually quite heartwarming that you two are being given warnings *before* you lay down your cash. AAW has really moved ahead leaps and bounds in terms of customer service.
Actually..that should be the minimum lor. Maybe last time they didn't know. This kinda thing need experience one.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually..that should be the minimum lor. Maybe last time they didn't know. This kinda thing need experience one.
Haha ya...tio pwnd dip dip... She assured me right before i paid, "u add driver cfm improve one" eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr still rmb gotbetrayed scold me why go add driver lololol selfpwn

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha ya...tio pwnd dip dip... She assured me right before i paid, "u add driver cfm improve one" eeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr still rmb gotbetrayed scold me why go add driver lololol selfpwn

Lol for my case, I reshelled my ue superfi 5 eb before, 1 dynamic and 1 ba, I added 1 high driver which sounded damn well after the reshell lol.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Lol for my case, I reshelled my ue superfi 5 eb before, 1 dynamic and 1 ba, I added 1 high driver which sounded damn well after the reshell lol.
Yea apparently there are some so called industry standards for the "common" additional drivers. Like there's this cheatsheet where they know how to adjust the crossover liao... But for my case there wasn't such a thing and they had to redo the calculations. As i mentioned before I'm grateful that they did that rather than keep the old crossover and chuck in the dynamic driver!

Tick tock tick tock when will i get my collection sms! Hahahaha

iichigoz

Reaction score
Pictures hor! What's the ETA they gave you?

Yea I will post it when it's here. She didn't mentioned a specific date but ard the 1st to 2nd week of jan 2015. Hopefully it's earlierHaha! But honestly guy, ear impressions are best done with those at digisound. The one at lucky plaza is good. He's a German guy and he explains to me how it's being done with a model and he has the professional tools to do it. He told me he went past null audio before and saw the lady using a cotton bud to push it in. He went omg and he wanted to go in to talk to her ant it cos if not done properly. She can probably pull out the impressions together with your ear drums then u don't need a CIEM anymore. U probably need a hearing aid now. Haha

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Yea I will post it when it's here. She didn't mentioned a specific date but she say see you in 2015. Haha! But honestly guy, ear impressions are best done with those at digisound. The one at lucky plaza is good. It's a German guy and he explains to me how it's being done with a model and he has the professional tools to do it. He told me he went past null audio before and saw the lady using a cotton bud to push it in. He went omg and he wanted to go in to talk to her ant it cos if not done properly. She can probably pull out the impressions together with your ear drums then u don't need a CIEM anymore. U probably need a hearing aid now. Haha
Zhun bo???!! They used cotton buds to push almost 10 sponges into my ears leh!! **** man mus be sick lucky can go buy toto. Hope it's the last time i need to take impressions tho. The closed jaw impressions in theory should work better for me

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea I will post it when it's here. She didn't mentioned a specific date but ard the 1st to 2nd week of jan 2015. Hopefully it's earlierHaha! But honestly guy, ear impressions are best done with those at digisound. The one at lucky plaza is good. He's a German guy and he explains to me how it's being done with a model and he has the professional tools to do it. He told me he went past null audio before and saw the lady using a cotton bud to push it in. He went omg and he wanted to go in to talk to her ant it cos if not done properly. She can probably pull out the impressions together with your ear drums then u don't need a CIEM anymore. U probably need a hearing aid now. Haha

Wa your comment make me damn scared of making ciem sia.

iichigoz

Reaction score
Wa your comment make me damn scared of making ciem sia.

Seriously, now I have a visual image cos he showed me the model of the ear and the ear drums. He has been doing this for 20 years so he probably knows what he's saying. But yet I'm sure the lady has done many impressions and I don't think anyone got deaf because of that so it's still safe? But if u see got people post on their Facebook, that the lady hit something in his ear (should be ear drums) and his ear felt blocked for don't know how long. Lol. I don't want to do ear impressions anymore. Lol

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Seriously, now I have a visual image cos he showed me the model of the ear and the ear drums. He has been doing this for 20 years so he probably knows what he's saying. But yet I'm sure the lady has done many impressions and I don't think anyone got deaf because of that so it's still safe? But if u see got people post on their Facebook, that the lady hit something in his ear (should be ear drums) and his ear felt blocked for don't know how long. Lol. I don't want to do ear impressions anymore. Lol

I tot the sponge was to prevent the putty from going so deep? The digisound dude used what to prevent the overextension?

icecapt

Reaction score

:eek::eek::eek:

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Collected my M20 2 days ago on Thursday.

I was one of the few who took advantage of their free expedite service that's part of their November offer. They told me 3 weeks. I ordered on the 6th and received it on the 27th. So it was exactly 3 weeks.

The build very good. Finishing very smooth. Upgraded the stock quantum cable to the arete cable.

The fit is perfect. Lucky me. No need to refit. Even when smile, open mouth, yawn, jump around also won't break seal.

Have to say. Their service have significantly improved. Asked stupid questions they also replied quickly and politely.

Not enough post count to post pic or link /:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Collected my M20 2 days ago on Thursday.

I was one of the few who took advantage of their free expedite service that's part of their November offer. They told me 3 weeks. I ordered on the 6th and received it on the 27th. So it was exactly 3 weeks.

The build very good. Finishing very smooth. Upgraded the stock quantum cable to the arete cable.

The fit is perfect. Lucky me. No need to refit. Even when smile, open mouth, yawn, jump around also won't break seal.

Have to say. Their service have significantly improved. Asked stupid questions they also replied quickly and politely.

Not enough post count to post pic or link /:
Faster go pcw!! Hahaha

Gratz man!! Sound awesome?

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Faster go pcw!! Hahaha

Gratz man!! Sound awesome?

Sounds damn good. The full ciem sounds much better than the demo. Like 40% better to me.

The demo like very little bass liddat. Come full ciem the bass punch damn shiok. The mids also much better. Totally didn't expect that. Was expecting like around 20% better nia.

iichigoz

Reaction score
Sounds damn good. The full ciem sounds much better than the demo. Like 40% better to me.

The demo like very little bass liddat. Come full ciem the bass punch damn shiok. The mids also much better. Totally didn't expect that. Was expecting like around 20% better nia.

Awesome! Hopefully my w300's fit and sound will be good. If not damn sian to wait again.

PokerFaze

Master Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Hopefully my w300's fit and sound will be good. If not damn sian to wait again.

Tried the W300. Sounds damn good. Too bad I no budget.

You waited how long already? I wait 3 weeks like wait 3 months liddat. During the 3rd week every day check my phone every 10 mins to see if got notification SMS hahahaha

iichigoz

Reaction score
I tot the sponge was to prevent the putty from going so deep? The digisound dude used what to prevent the overextension?
yea he uses a sponge like thingy also but the thing is he don't use a cotton bud to push the sponge in. He has this screwdriver looking like stick with light to push it in. Like a light saber. Lol and another tool also with light to look through into my ears.

And the way he did it, I absolutely didn't felt any pressure while he's pushing the sponge through. The thing here is u need to pay extra for this or just get the free one which is like a diy thing and it still works.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.