What souveniors had u bought from Japan?

witz75

Reaction score
Just returned from tokyo, departed from haneda. Stocks for nama chocolate is low, not many variety. But they have the chocolate coated potato chips. Good deal. Our 1 box of royce item equivalent to 2 boxes there :)

But for this trip, I was unable to get any potato farm at the airport. No more stocks at all the snacks shop! Sad. If possible, i suggest try not to wait until depart then get your snacks, especially those highly recommend ones like potato farm. You should see how many boxes of snacks some passengers can sweep at one go. Like how I saw one swept about 20 boxes of nama chocolates! I somehow also think that they are understaff, cashier too busy with the long queues, and no sale staff in sight to help replenish depleting stocks.

I have departed from narita airport before, I find narita more well stocked in snacks as compared to haneda.

Do snack shops at ameyoko or alike, offer tax free above minimum purchase? Next time I will buy my potato farm first.

By the way, just to share, dosanko plaza in yurakacho tokyo 有楽町店 stocks hokkaido snacks, including the rum raisin cookies "Rokkatei's Marusei Butter", strawberry choclates. These are hokkaido snacks that you cant find in tokyo airports.

http://www.dosanko-plaza.jp/index.html

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those items I want to get, I never wait until I am already at the airport. Usually I will buy some first in case there are no stocks at the airport.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but certain items bobian have to get at airport. for example, potato farm only airport have. and for Royce or other chocolate, scared melt, so buy at airport

FrogGreen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but certain items bobian have to get at airport. for example, potato farm only airport have. and for Royce or other chocolate, scared melt, so buy at airport

how come only airport have? you mean the whole of tokyo dont have potato farm?

witz75

Reaction score
I didnt know Potato farm is available only at the airport. No wonder it get well sought after.

Talking about Royce Nama Chocolates, they also have the 2014 seasonal edition flavours available only for Nov and Dec, like the Gianduja (Almond, Hazelnut), Marron (Chestnuts, Rum & Brandy) Nama Chocolate.

Does SG has these flavors?

Bagged a couple. Hohoho. Too bad cant buy many & keep. Only good for 1 month.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting Hokkaido and Tokyo, including the Shiroi Koibito park - I suppose it makes more sense to buy the biscuits from Haneda airport before I depart right? Will there be enough stock? :/

angcsbenny

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be visiting Hokkaido and Tokyo, including the Shiroi Koibito park - I suppose it makes more sense to buy the biscuits from Haneda airport before I depart right? Will there be enough stock? :/

yes tax free as well.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought this from Kyoto, can find at Kyoto station Isetan B1.

Quite nice wrapping. 1,260 yen before tax, I bought them yesterday, it can last until 20th Dec.

8YhGCAE.jpg

j4Pmket.jpg

tokyofanboi

Reaction score

Depend what time you arrive at Haneda and they do not stock all items or quantities. Best to buy in New Chitose Airport

witz75

Reaction score
Bought the assorted shiroi koibito this trip, but still find white chocolate nicer than the milk chocolate.

leogeo

Master Member
Reaction score
ok, i will hoot some potato farm at new chitose if i can find it! don't wanna risk not seeing it at HND

appiez

Reaction score
where can i buy hotate isoyaki (grilled scallops packed in individual small packets as snacks type) in tokyo?

witz75

Reaction score
ameyoko many shops selling. shop around first. can try the snacks. but i think nt for hotate. i got my snacks there. wasabi peas, anchovies almonds, hotate, cuttlefish..but cannot remember i got bargain or nt, u can try.

dun get from airport. not as fresh and cheaper, cos i bought a 'backup' packet there b4. tried and tested.

i think tsukiji also got sell hotate.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.