Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
when the platform first open last time no need do CAR. think was before lehman brother
I opened during that time but didnt use to trade at all. Then CAR comes.. now got account but cant trade cause did not do trading on other platforms before too

Scb only started stock trading like 3 years ago

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi anyone know for shares bought under SCB, where will the div goes to? till now have not rec my starhill div

cybercom8

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is my understanding correct, that every SCB users must pass CAR in order to use their platform, even if you only trade local shares/EIPs?

thought some already shared that you dont need to? just need to find the right rm to open the account for you

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
I read that ilp and unit trust are categorized under SIP... So means i qualify for 6trades if i do any one of them?

Will scb require the name of the counters traded or jus tick the box

stoneblackdragon

Reaction score
Their system is not sophiscated enough to set certain permissioning for specify clients who pass car and those who don't pass car especially since etf is considered as an unlisted sip

Or maybe you can feedback to Scb, and tell them to remove totally etf and only allow shares to be purchased?

SIPs include:
On SGX securities market
-Certain Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and notes (ETNs)
-Futures (extended settlement contracts)
-Structured warrants
-Certificates
-Callable bull / bear contracts (not available on SGX yet)

Got trade "certain" unit trusts/ or buy ILPs also can clear

Investing in Specified Investment Products - MoneySENSE

Dunno how it is specifcially classified though. But if last time kanna buy insurance agent buy unit trusts or ILPs also counts

Niaoson

Master Member
Reaction score
I received an SMS (December 1) from Standard Chartered that I was mailed a Customer Account Review renewal letter. I am overseas at the moment so I cannot check.

Can someone advise, is this the letter? https://www.sc.com/sg/_pdf/Y13318 257992 AppF.pdf

When is the deadline to submit?

Thx

No, this is not the form they sent. The one they sent is similar but does not ask for the details of the 6 trades made. I'm not too sure when the deadline is but my guess is different people different deadline since their initial pass date will be different.

I mailed back my review form about 2 weeks back and received a letter saying I have passed the review so I guess all is good! Only weird thing is that they attached another review form to the letter but I'm just gonna ignore that :o

archbishopchia

Reaction score
read somewhere if we are issued warrants, we can call in to SC to exercise the warrants?

But is there anywhere to buy and sell the warrants? Could't find anything related to this matter

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a qns with regards to the real time quote.

Is it possible to see more than 5 last executed trades at the bottom left?

And for volume, can you see how much was bought/sold?

For day's range, i assume it is for bid? and not ask. Am i right? Thank you

orangbulu

Reaction score
I have a question on buying foreign stock.

Lets say if i want to buy 1 share of a stock listed on US market, currently its hovering around 100-110 USD. So i transfer 110 usd to my usd settlement account. If i manage to buy the share at 105 usd, i will have 5 usd left in my settlement account. If i transfer that 5 usd back to sgd, does that mean that i will have to pay the forex charge twice?

Also for the commission, will it take from my usd account or sgd account.

Bedokian

Reaction score
I have a question on buying foreign stock.

Lets say if i want to buy 1 share of a stock listed on US market, currently its hovering around 100-110 USD. So i transfer 110 usd to my usd settlement account. If i manage to buy the share at 105 usd, i will have 5 usd left in my settlement account. If i transfer that 5 usd back to sgd, does that mean that i will have to pay the forex charge twice?

Also for the commission, will it take from my usd account or sgd account.

Yes. It is not really the forex charge per se, but rather the high spread of forex conversion. For example, you change SGD to USD at 1.34, and then change USD back to SGD at 1.29, when the actual spread itself could be 1.32/1.31 respectively. I would rather leave the USD5 as float inside the account, which I do.

Commission is charged in USD and will be deducted from your USD settlement account.

legolaslee

Reaction score
Can I check, for stand chart securities, if I buy 1 share at $0.05, total I need to pay is:

1 share: $50
Personal banking brokerage fees: 0.20%
Market fees: 0.0325%

Total: $50.12?

Last edited:

flikmy

Reaction score
Can I check, for stand chart securities, if I buy 1 share at $0.05, total I need to pay is:

1 share: $50
Personal banking brokerage fees: 0.20%
Market fees: 0.0325%

Total: $55.12?

Based on the rates that you quoted, it should be about 50.12 rather than 55.12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.