iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, yes, I was so excited to see the kneading in action... it was so so so cool (though my mum insisted it just sounded like the washing machine :vijayadmin:).

From a mess of ingredients to a beautiful ball of dough... you can really fall in love. :s13:

Yeah it does sound like a washing machine but it creates Magic. :)

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got this email for VIPs

Dear iHerb VIP Customer,

Great news! We are now offering a VIP discount of 10% off for all orders over $40.00!

You also qualify for the following VIP discounts, as long as there are no shipping limit restrictions per order to your location:
• 12% off any order of $120 or more
• 14% off any order of $240 or more

You will see your VIP discount at checkout, after signing in to your iHerb account.

In addition, we are offering super discounted shipping rates for all orders over $40.00.

So, for any order of $40.00 or more, you are truly receiving the best overall value in the world for brand name natural products!

--

Cool that the 10% for purchases above $40 is here to stay :)

vernon_wmk

Reaction score
@bella,

welp, the empirical evidence shows that GMO food is safe for consumption.. but ultimately it is up to you to decide.. but i think the main takeaway from the article is that GMO crops may have an undeserved bad reputation.

as for xmas.. :s13: my mom's now dropping hints for a breadmaker! can someone PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction? which brands are cheap and good? :(

she has her eye on this one; PANASONIC BREAD MAKER (360W) SDP104 Bread Maker - Courts Online Shopping

but 300+ for a toy that she use for 1 month then forget about it.. i abit heart pain :/

masterchef wizzy, which breadmaker are you using?

Using this model since early oct. Was deciding between this and Zoji and got this instead due to the seperate compartments for yeast and additional ingredients.

Convenient to set timer and wake up to fresh bread in the morning. Though note that there will be a hole at the bottom of the bread where the paddle is.

1 loaf of bread can last 2 days for 2 persons.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
w0s7iu.jpg

threadfin nice or not? how to cook then nice?

Duncerblur

Reaction score
threadfin nice or not? how to cook then nice?

I am a little boring with threadfin as I tend to eat salmon more often than not. I end up just baking the threadfin with herbs & olive oil in parcels, steaming with ginger, miso & mirin and I think I've used it for fish curry before. I've eaten lovely fried threadfin with sambal and once I had a fantastic tom yum paste fried threadfin with lots of mint, coriander & lime juice in Thailand. Was so good! I think you should be able to find many yummy recipes as it is a good, fairly firm fish that tastes yummy.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bread maker can bake too? or just knead and proof ?

The bread maker does everything to transform the raw ingredients to a fully baked loaf of bread. It has the baking routine all included.

However it can only do a single shape bread so if you want to make noodles, pizza, buns or special designs, you will need to take the dough out after it is proven the first time, reshape them, do the 2nd proofing it necessary and baking them externally.

Duncerblur

Reaction score
There are a lot of articles both touting and deriding green smoothies. I first tried it out as my Vitamin C intake was not sufficient since my body just cannot absorb the amount required from normal consumption. So I started out with a small glass daily to see if there was any good or bad side effects.

I did not put in any vegetables which I am unable to take for my health or make no sense to consume raw. I also made it an even ratio of green vegetables and fruits. I slowly increased the intake to a tall glass daily, still cautious of over-doing it.

This past week, I have not been able to make & consume my green smoothies for various reasons & now, I know ... green smoothies work for me. All other factors being equal or the usual, the only difference in routine is the lack of green smoothies. I have been feeling more tired, my aches are worse & the most obvious effect is that my skin lesions worsened.

While green smoothies may not work for everyone, I think it makes a noticeable difference for me. Go greens!

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just catching up on Song Fish store progress and they have just announced that the Star Vista branch will open its doors on 19th December and for the mean time, they will be having a sale at Jurong Point Atrium (in front of McDonalds) from 8th to 14th December.

Eien_kisu

Reaction score
Just catching up on Song Fish store progress and they have just announced that the Star Vista branch will open its doors on 19th December and for the mean time, they will be having a sale at Jurong Point Atrium (in front of McDonalds) from 8th to 14th December.

wonder how the price of their frozen products compare to Fassler's.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.