iHerb, Good Buys, Food, Health & Chitchats - Part 2

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got this email for VIPs

Dear iHerb VIP Customer,

Great news! We are now offering a VIP discount of 10% off for all orders over $40.00!

You also qualify for the following VIP discounts, as long as there are no shipping limit restrictions per order to your location:
• 12% off any order of $120 or more
• 14% off any order of $240 or more

You will see your VIP discount at checkout, after signing in to your iHerb account.

In addition, we are offering super discounted shipping rates for all orders over $40.00.

So, for any order of $40.00 or more, you are truly receiving the best overall value in the world for brand name natural products!

--

Cool that the 10% for purchases above $40 is here to stay :)
Wow, so it is permanent? When I first read it, I thought it was just another useless promotion. So it is here to stay, eh? I think it would be a more attractive proportion for them to leave the free shipping for orders above $60.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some frontier herbs quite worth leh.. but too much for me, i dont cook every day. Simply organic is actually a brand of Frontier
Yea, those herbs last forever if you don't cook often. For this reason, I tend to use them indiscriminately when they are used.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, so it is permanent? When I first read it, I thought it was just another useless promotion. So it is here to stay, eh? I think it would be a more attractive proportion for them to leave the free shipping for orders above $60.

Earlier this year, they removed several tiers of discounts between the 5% and 10%, if I am not wrong it was the 6 to 9% tiers. Now they made it easier to get to the 10%. Maybe next year they will waive shipping. haa haa.

It's christmas so its the season to make a wish :)

Last edited:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yea, those herbs last forever if you don't cook often. For this reason, I tend to use them indiscriminately when they are used.

Yeah I know. I got a 500gm bottle of marjoram which took me several years to use half the bottle. I'm pretty liberal with it when comes to my pasta.

I do use the onion and garlic granules quite extensively and they just last a couple of months. My tea on the other hand since has a very long way to finish.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know. I got a 500gm bottle of marjoram which took me several years to use half the bottle. I'm pretty liberal with it when comes to my pasta.

I do use the onion and garlic granules quite extensively and they just last a couple of months. My tea on the other hand since has a very long way to finish.
First you have to start drinking it. :D

Duncerblur

Reaction score
I'm no techie but this made my jaw drop. I am, however, a Trekkie so I had beam-me-up-Scotty vibes when I watched this. This would be useless on me though as my arm is too skinny & bony. :s13:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7GpVQCfms#t=124

visuel_bracelet_2.png

Last edited:

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so now VIP order this mth gotch free shippin??????????

:s11::s11::s11:

No leh. We can just only wish for it. The only thing that happened is that instead of having to spend $60 to get to the 10% tier, we only need to spend $40.

Now that the USD is up, the sales probably dropped somewhat so they might be doing something to encourage us to buy by compensating the dollar hike.

I think the prior exchange rate was like 1.24 but now it's like 1.33.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to go to get cheaper eggs ? The prices at the supermarkets seems to increase every passing week and there isn't any signs that it will be coming down any time soon.

Duncerblur

Reaction score
No leh. We can just only wish for it. The only thing that happened is that instead of having to spend $60 to get to the 10% tier, we only need to spend $40.

Now that the USD is up, the sales probably dropped somewhat so they might be doing something to encourage us to buy by compensating the dollar hike.

I think the prior exchange rate was like 1.24 but now it's like 1.33.

My last order was at $1.35. I put a curb on my iHerb & non-food related orders till I get a new mobile phone so this exchange rate increase is only reinforcing that. :)

By the way, I have been using the Aubrey Organics Green Tea Sunscreen and it's quite good although quite thick in consistency. It's good for the body but on the face, I look like I have makeup on! A makeup promoter actually came up to me to recommend a makeup remover & was surprised when I said I only had sunscreen on my face.

Still, I did not have to reapply as much as I thought so it seems like quite good value.

Duncerblur

Reaction score
Where is a good place to go to get cheaper eggs ? The prices at the supermarkets seems to increase every passing week and there isn't any signs that it will be coming down any time soon.

Goodness, I was just wondering that as the eggs in my neighbourhood shop actually went up by $0.40 this week! Rather steep, no? Sheng Siong had a large carton on offer but I do not consume so many.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Goodness, I was just wondering that as the eggs in my neighbourhood shop actually went up by $0.40 this week! Rather steep, no? Sheng Siong had a large carton on offer but I do not consume so many.

The last I checked sheng siong has it for $6.45 a carton of 30 eggs. Months before the hike, I was paying under $5 for the same thing. Fairprice is selling it for $6.30.

eddy2099sg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What happened? Are the hens all having "headaches"?

I wished it was just that but it's worst.

In October, 3 farms in west Malaysia were suspended from exporting to Singapore cos of salmonella bacteria found in the eggs and that causes a shortfall here. I guess since then the reserve stock have probably dwindled to probably nothing so causing the prices to go up even higher.

Suspension of Malaysian farms will keep egg prices high: Experts, AsiaOne Singapore News

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.