Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

b00mxer

Reaction score
No, the DVB-T2 signal is still broadcasting in the air. What chakuman is referring to, is the DVB-C signal carried by the StarHub TV point.

Ya I know. Previously 155 is receiving via DVB-T signal (explains why the hard coded subtitles). I understand 116 (Suria HD) 154 (8 HD) and 156 (Vas HD) is receiving via DVB-T2 that's why we can toggle the subtitles. Previously 981 is Ch 5 HD DVB-T2 signal. As mentioned 981 is now on 155 so all FTA channels on DVB-C is now running from DVB-T2 signals. Sorry if I'm confusing.

Edit: just checked. No frequency changes. Though we ought to know that all our FTA HD channels on DVB-C is receiving from T2 signals now.

Last edited:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I know. Previously 155 is receiving via DVB-T signal (explains why the hard coded subtitles). I understand 116 (Suria HD) 154 (8 HD) and 156 (Vas HD) is receiving via DVB-T2 that's why we can toggle the subtitles. Previously 981 is Ch 5 HD DVB-T2 signal. As mentioned 981 is now on 155 so all FTA channels on DVB-C is now running from DVB-T2 signals. Sorry if I'm confusing.

Edit: just checked. No frequency changes. Though we ought to know that all our FTA HD channels on DVB-C is receiving from T2 signals now.

I know what you are trying to say, but it still sounds like you don't :s13:

It doesn't run on DVB-T2 signals, it runs off the same broadcasting feed as the DVB-T2 channels.

Last edited:

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

No.... technically the master source is just a digital source, whether be it HD or SD. Then this source is modulated either to DVB-T2 or DVB-C as appropriate for the air and cable respectively. U should not be looking at it as DVB-C converted from DVB-T2 or vice versa.

b00mxer

Reaction score
No.... technically the master source is just a digital source, whether be it HD or SD. Then this source is modulated either to DVB-T2 or DVB-C as appropriate for the air and cable respectively. U should not be looking at it as DVB-C converted from DVB-T2 or vice versa.

I read somewhere on mediacorp claming starhub's HD5 source is coming from DVB-T previously. Apologized for the bad grammar but ya not trying to say it's being converted or anything just that the main source itself is coming from T2. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe some may understand what I'm trying to say la. ;) haha

b00mxer

Reaction score
I know what you are trying to say, but it still sounds like you don't :s13:

It doesn't run on DVB-T2 signals, it runs off the same broadcasting feed as the DVB-T2 channels.

Technically ya, but since these HD channels were launched on the T2 platform first so many like me will "consider" these feed source are coming from the main DVB-T2 side. Hahah. After all starhub just merely carries these feed from since mediacorp currently "owns" most of the DVB-T2 side.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere on mediacorp claming starhub's HD5 source is coming from DVB-T previously. Apologized for the bad grammar but ya not trying to say it's being converted or anything just that the main source itself is coming from T2. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe some may understand what I'm trying to say la. ;) haha

Technically ya, but since these HD channels were launched on the T2 platform first so many like me will "consider" these feed source are coming from the main DVB-T2 side. Hahah. After all starhub just merely carries these feed from since mediacorp currently "owns" most of the DVB-T2 side.

Saying that the source comes from DVB-T2 is conceptually wrong mah.

I give u an example. It's like saying that the video format on BluRay disc is the same as the one displayed on TV after the BluRay player reads the disc lor. The BluRay player got to convert the signals that can be transmitted by HDMI to the TV, for example.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
btw, channel 5 got 3 audio tracks, what are their individual quality type?

my tv very weird one, only one of the tracks is loud, the rest very soft

Windowlover

Reaction score
btw, channel 5 got 3 audio tracks, what are their individual quality type?

my tv very weird one, only one of the tracks is loud, the rest very soft

This audio track can select ma ? I don't have MIO , current connecting direct with external antenna only:eek:.

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
This audio track can select ma ? I don't have MIO , current connecting direct with external antenna only:eek:.
all 3 audio tracks can be selected.. but only one is loud (i think my tv problem)

i'm using ac-ryan dvb-t2

chan_hi97

Reaction score
I bought this antenna and the coaxial plug doesn't fit my tv, do I need to buy a connector ? How am I suppose to obtain them to use this antenna ?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range: Electronics

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought this antenna and the coaxial plug doesn't fit my tv, do I need to buy a connector ? How am I suppose to obtain them to use this antenna ?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range: Electronics

show us a photo of your tv antenna connector + that antenna plug

sunsetbay

Reaction score

from the amazon pic, it uses the male F-socket~

so u need a female F-socket to male RF coaxial adaptor~ can get it cheaply at SLT~ :s22:

front view~
41a5LkM5C8L._SY355_.jpg

back view~
410v01DCNRL._SY355_.jpg

xtec1445

Reaction score
AcRyan PV78100 not able to detect USB HDD

I just bought a AcRyan Live PV78100. Both my WD and Seagate 2.5' USB HDD is not able to be detected. Pls advise. Only 3.5' external HDD with additional power supply is able to be detected.

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought a AcRyan Live PV78100. Both my WD and Seagate 2.5' USB HDD is not able to be detected. Pls advise. Only 3.5' external HDD with additional power supply is able to be detected.

probably your AcRyan's USB port is not providing enough current to power up those 2.5" HDD

maybe you can get a USB Y Power Cable
USB_Y_Cable.JPG

The male USB with data connect to AcRyan
The male USB with power only connect to a USB handphone charger

The female USB connect to your 2.5" HDD

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
mine dvb-t2 connected via matv is having distortion for suria (hd) and ch 5 (hd), rest like ch 8 (hd), okto, ... are fine

the distorted channels have level and quality at 100%

any idea?

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine dvb-t2 connected via matv is having distortion for suria (hd) and ch 5 (hd), rest like ch 8 (hd), okto, ... are fine

the distorted channels have level and quality at 100%

any idea?

What do you mean distorted?
Can take a picture for us to see?

wc1985

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just bought a samsung h6400 tv and i noticed that when i on my sony blu ray home theatre system which is connected to the hdmi arc input of the tv, some channels will be unable to receive any signals. Anyone knows why? i tried plugging into other hdmi ports of the tv also the same and previously i was using panasonic tv and this issue didnt occur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.