Vpost? Borderlinx? Comgateway?

member_2359

Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of stuff through CGW (shoes / bags) and got charged a flat 5kg for my shoes which only weighed <2kg. Amazon quoted the details for shipping weight at 2 POUNDS.

Even using the volumetric calculation from 14x11x5 inches I arrived at a weight of 2.5kg. I tried contacting the customer service but all I got was just a bunch of crap about how their shipping calculations are based on volumetric weight. To top it all off, the conversation ended abruptly with a goodbye from their end.

Got another reply from their CSO stating once again the volumetric weight crap. I wish that they can explain the discrepancy between 2kg and 5kg over here. It was a total bill shock for me so I suggest to future buyers to properly do their research and not just depend on amazon shipping weights.

Just another frustrated CGW customer over here

14x11x5 inches = 770 cubic inches = 12619 cubic cm
Volumetric weight = 2.523kg but rounded up to nearest 500g

So they should have charged you 3kg instead of 5kg.

If they tried this in US, they'd get their behind sued.

I am glad there is this forum. At least people who are trying to use CGW and HSG might be given other options.

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
I ordered a bunch of stuff through CGW (shoes / bags) and got charged a flat 5kg for my shoes which only weighed <2kg. Amazon quoted the details for shipping weight at 2 POUNDS.

Even using the volumetric calculation from 14x11x5 inches I arrived at a weight of 2.5kg. I tried contacting the customer service but all I got was just a bunch of crap about how their shipping calculations are based on volumetric weight. To top it all off, the conversation ended abruptly with a goodbye from their end.

Got another reply from their CSO stating once again the volumetric weight crap. I wish that they can explain the discrepancy between 2kg and 5kg over here. It was a total bill shock for me so I suggest to future buyers to properly do their research and not just depend on amazon shipping weights.

they smlj also volumetric weight if possible. squeeze you dry dry.
last time they play volumetric with me i down even bother at all to ship the item.
my item cost usd $99 but shipment $150+usd.

cgw you suc.ks

~大.芒.果~

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why can't you guys just tell them to bag the shoe and throw away the box? :s22: It's the shoe box that is huge...unless you bought boots.

mokseng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
14x11x5 inches = 770 cubic inches = 12619 cubic cm
Volumetric weight = 2.523kg but rounded up to nearest 500g

So they should have charged you 3kg instead of 5kg.

If they tried this in US, they'd get their behind sued.

I am glad there is this forum. At least people who are trying to use CGW and HSG might be given other options.
Does 65daigou charge accurately? Cgw has a nice and straightforward web interface, so it's disappointing tt they don't charge accordingly.

member_2359

Reaction score
Does 65daigou charge accurately? Cgw has a nice and straightforward web interface, so it's disappointing tt they don't charge accordingly.

To be frank, I have never measured the dimension of the boxes I got from 65dg (china taobao purchases though) and have yet to find out if they shortchanged customers.

Peach Tea

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi there - we do not charge volumetric weight "if possible". However, the higher of actual or volumetric weight applies to every shipment. The rationale air freight provider's use is: While a large box may be light, its presence on the plane removes the freight provider's ability to accept another shipment.
As this is how freight providers charge, this is how we have also structured our pricing. Going forward, we do recommend that you give Live Quote a try if you would like to know an item's shipping weight before shopping. We would also be happy to guarantee the estimated weight.

come on la. you think i never do live quote before i commit to amazon

Oragon

Reaction score
Anyone got parcel delivered at vpost USA on 2nd Dec 10.45am, signed off by a Curt Kelley but until now still does not appeared on vpost account yet?

ralliteknik

Reaction score
Newbie question on delivery time.

Today (Saturday) i was shown a estimated delivery on Dec 12.

If I were to confirm the shipping tomorrow (Sunday) would it still be Dec 12 as its a weekend and not working day? Or estimated delivery will move to Dec 13?

TIA!

S1rius

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am also waiting for an order to be reflected in 65daigou. It was delivered to their US warehouse on 1 Dec afternoon US local time. It was also left in dock, signed by wang.

Had a lady from 65daigou call me 2 days ago saying that the shipment was actually signed by a person not from 65dg in their US warehouse, and they now have to search for the package from other people around their warehouse who may have signed on the 65dg staffs' behalf.:s11:

Going to give them a call tomorrow to find out what's the situation.

Got this reply from them on the 5th Dec 2014.

Dear customer, based on the tracking info, I see that the receiver is not one of our staff in US. And we are worried about this as well, as our customer's orders are being signed by someone which is not one of us. But not to worry, for this, we suspect that it might be on the courier side which they might have updated wrongly in a batch as this is not an isolated case, and only happens to UPS parcels. Our US colleague will call them tomorrow early in the morning to check if it's a mistake on their side, whereby it's actually signed by us, but they update wrongly. Seek your kind understanding during this black Friday/cyber Monday sales period as there are a lot of parcels coming into the warehouse and usually there will be a 1-2 days delay in the process. We will update the item status as soon as we receive your items. Thank you! :)

Seriously? This is the last time am going to use their service.

WuSangui

Master Member
Reaction score
Stupid vpost claim they did not received my US merchant shipped out item even I track it has reach their post. Anybody experience such thing before? How do I deal with it?

Xgelis

Reaction score

Never trust Amazon's shipping weight estimate. If you want to refer to that, treat it as the rough physical weight.
Amazon will certainly ship the shoe box in a bigger box. That gives you higher volume weight and forwarders will charge you on the higher weight amount.

I bought a pair of flip flops off Amazon, they shipped it in a huge box. I just get CGW to pack it into a polybag.
Shoes wise not recommended unless you dont mind they get flatten during shipping.

Hope this helps, coming from a fellow online shopper. :)

Last edited:

Xgelis

Reaction score
:s11::s22::s11::s22::s11::s22:

You must think that we are stupid.
I have lots of packages coming in and I'm not charged volume weight.
Make it so with the seller if possible and this will not give forwarders any chance to charge as such.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.