learning japanese

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know if JCS's fee? cos i can't find the price on their website and they are not replying to my mail.. haha thanks in advance...

I would advice you to go down to the place and get the fee amount. :D

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am thinking of doing a last min free JLPT N2 class.
Mon-Thurs 7.30-9.30pm (1st-4th Dec)

Am going to focus more on grammar, 読解 and 聴解.

If interested, pls pm me. Printing fees payable.

solarwings

Reaction score
Do you happen to know if JCS's fee? cos i can't find the price on their website and they are not replying to my mail.. haha thanks in advance...

I think you have to wait a bit
Now is JCS's busy period, with the exams and upcoming jlpt

Not sure if it changed, but last time when I used to attend JCS, the first payment was around 200 or so depending on level. Then you pay some fees every two months.

ochibi89

Reaction score
I think you have to wait a bit
Now is JCS's busy period, with the exams and upcoming jlpt

Not sure if it changed, but last time when I used to attend JCS, the first payment was around 200 or so depending on level. Then you pay some fees every two months.

Thanks....

is 640...

avalanste

Banned
Reaction score
currently studying in ikoma, yes majority of sensei there are kawaii, though i'm not sure if the school was like this last time.

Anyway, most of the younger sensei teach basic-intermediate levels, but Ikoma is better for those who want to study at N2-N1 level, sensei at that level are usually more experienced.
You'll be fed with so much notes that you'll need a few ring files to categorize separately.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who wanna find out more or have dying questions to ask, i invite u to join this fb group (Learn Japanese in SG)

If u cant find this group, let me know. =)
There are currently 245 members and moving up day by day.

jeremiahtong

Reaction score
Ikoma or bunka better?

deciding between these two..

I haven't regretted joining Ikoma. Do note that the teachers do understand English even if they don't speak it in class. In the Basic levels, you can still ask them questions in English and they will reply in Japanese. In addition, the grammar and vocabulary notes have English and Chinese translation.

In any case, there should be minimal use of English as you progress so whether the teacher speaks English or not should not be an issue.

Last edited:

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I haven't regretted joining Ikoma. Do note that the teachers do understand English even if they don't speak it in class. In the Basic levels, you can still ask them questions in English and they will reply in Japanese. In addition, the grammar and vocabulary notes have English and Chinese translation.

In any case, there should be minimal use of English as you progress so whether the teacher speaks English or not should not be an issue.

Totally agree! :D

I would recommend beginners to have a first aim (N5 level) to be able to basically express yourself 10 ~ 20% of your first language capability.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@curry_puff, did u get it correct?

極端(きょくたん)
戻して(もどして)
継続(けいぞく)
除いて(のぞいて)
貿易(ぼうえき)

avalanste

Banned
Reaction score

極端(きょくたん)
戻して(もどして)
継続(けいぞく)
除いて(のぞいて)
貿易(ぼうえき)

All correct for me, most of them came out from sou matome vocab and shin kanzen.

It was the listening that was difficult, even for the 3 choices response questions.
but I haven't practice that much on the listening tbh. (never really touch shin kanzen listening book yet)

bloody hell, had the same problem in N4 for last year's dec, the listening again.

Might have to retake again.

Last edited:

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score

The teachers are told to speak in Japanese even if they understand and can speak in English. its better for the students that way.
And the notes are good, especially N1/N2 notes, with good translation.

Curry_Puff

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

極端(きょくたん)
戻して(もどして)
継続(けいぞく)
除いて(のぞいて)
貿易(ぼうえき)

yeap thank you sensei for the answer!

二十日で合格 saved my ass for vocab/grammar, but unfortunately not for the other sections... :(

hentaixp1985

Master Member
Reaction score
I just went to ikoma for placement check test after the closure of aoba and they had this new teacher to test my basic. Look quite kawaii to justify the extra premium ikoma charge over other schools :D

avalanste

Banned
Reaction score
I just went to ikoma for placement check test after the closure of aoba and they had this new teacher to test my basic. Look quite kawaii to justify the extra premium ikoma charge over other schools :D

My placement test sensei is my N2 prep class sensei, kanai sensei.
On placement test = spoke to me like mother teaching a child, slow and steady.
In N2 prep class = 3hrs of non-stop GPMG.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.