Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowWizz

Reaction score
I might be going out of topic here, but would anyone know what a tosho card(図書カード) is?
How does one uses this card? Is it like a library card?

I have seen quite a few anime magazines giving out the cards and I'm interested to know what it is used for. Tried asking around but no one around knows what the card does. Hope to shed some light on these cards lolz..

Many thanks in advance! =)

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might be going out of topic here, but would anyone know what a tosho card(図書カード) is?
How does one uses this card? Is it like a library card?

I have seen quite a few anime magazines giving out the cards and I'm interested to know what it is used for. Tried asking around but no one around knows what the card does. Hope to shed some light on these cards lolz..

Many thanks in advance! =)

Googling toshocard gives you this
http://www.toshocard.com/guideline/faq.html#category01

As far as I understand, it is a gift card. They can be exchanged for souvenirs.

shadowWizz

Reaction score

Toshocard.com

It is a stored value card that you can use in bookstores

Thanks for the explanation!! =)
Any idea if they can be used in places like Animate or Gamers? =x

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
okay time for me get some advice from 皆先輩 here

I am mulling over a trip to Japan coming February. I am thinking of doing abt 4 days in say Takayama...

that month will be cold and I do know there are some events going on in Takayama...

any other notables to introduce?

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi i need translation help again.

entry_schedule_1.gif

the above image translated as below:

3rd Dec to 10 Dec: Registration Period
-Balloting-
16th Dec: Ballot result announcement
16 Dec to 22 Dec: Purchasing Procedure
then the last frame 21 dec, can help me translate?

TQVMIA

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hihi i need translation help again.

entry_schedule_1.gif

the above image translated as below:

3rd Dec to 10 Dec: Registration Period
-Balloting-
16th Dec: Ballot result announcement
16 Dec to 22 Dec: Purchasing Procedure
then the last frame 21 dec, can help me translate?

TQVMIA

Delivery of merchandize (according to sequence in small at the bottom)

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Delivery of merchandize (according to sequence in small at the bottom)

Thanks!

Wah if I staying on 12 Feb, delivery on 21 Dec you all think hotel willing to keep for me for 2 months?

skyblood

Reaction score
Any 1 been to Gala Yuzawa ?? Can you advise wat is there to do other than skiing. How many hours would u spend at Gala Yuzawa ?

Bluebird33

Reaction score
Any 1 been to Gala Yuzawa ?? Can you advise wat is there to do other than skiing. How many hours would u spend at Gala Yuzawa ?

I'm going there next year. There seems to be a snow trekking activity where they give u snowshoes and u trek with them for a few hours. Other than that, skiing only I guess.

Anyone know where to rent those snow jet skis? Gf want to play those.
Edit: I'm based in Tokyo so must be near tokyo, day trip only, need to go back to hotel in Tokyo as I already booked my full 10 nights there :(

skyblood

Reaction score
I'm going there next year. There seems to be a snow trekking activity where they give u snowshoes and u trek with them for a few hours. Other than that, skiing only I guess.

Edit: I'm based in Tokyo so must be near tokyo, day trip only, need to go back to hotel in Tokyo as I already booked my full 10 nights there :(

Hi bluebird33, i'll be heading there nxt year as well. Do u have the link for the snow trekking activity ? i nv saw this activity at Gala yuzawa webpage. i'm still in a dilemma whether to stay there for half day or 1 whole day.

skybluegerald

Reaction score
Hello, would like to ask if am going to Hokkaido during 11dec - 20 dec. will i need a winter pants?
can i just wear a jeans + longjohn?
pls advice.TIA. =D

Bluebird33

Reaction score
Hi bluebird33, i'll be heading there nxt year as well. Do u have the link for the snow trekking activity ? i nv saw this activity at Gala yuzawa webpage. i'm still in a dilemma whether to stay there for half day or 1 whole day.

http://www.galaresort.jp/winter/english/lesson/lesson.html
Look at the part below private lessons.

I think I'll go there 1 whole day, since the price difference not much for rental, and I'm afraid that I'm a slow learner for skiing.

neuralgia

Reaction score
Anyone know if these are the correct way to say?

1) May I taste this food/snack? この食べ物を味わってみていいですか?
2) May I try out this [insert item here]? この商品をためしてみていいですか?

Thanks

arhjaye

Reaction score

I think nearest with snow mobile is hakuba already, not say very near though. back and forth more than half day gone.

Bluebird33

Reaction score
I think nearest with snow mobile is hakuba already, not say very near though. back and forth more than half day gone.

Hakuba seems good. About 4 and a half hours one way, maybe I should just yolo and stay there for a day..

If not I'll just take the 1 hour snowmobile tour then go back Tokyo. seems fun enough to waste a day.

arhjaye

Reaction score
Hakuba seems good. About 4 and a half hours one way, maybe I should just yolo and stay there for a day..

If not I'll just take the 1 hour snowmobile tour then go back Tokyo. seems fun enough to waste a day.

first idea more practical. Second idea then is yolo :s13::s13:

If going gala yuzawa, can get the jr kanto pass, got promo together with gala and also save on train fares

Bluebird33

Reaction score
first idea more practical. Second idea then is yolo :s13::s13:

If going gala yuzawa, can get the jr kanto pass, got promo together with gala and also save on train fares

I'm thinking of getting the jr pass since I'm travelling so far out. Seems like there's no buses to the hakuba47 snowmobile place. Need to take taxi there lol. Going to the snow monkey area and rabbit island too. Both day trips though.

Yolo because I book my Tokyo hotel for full 10 days liao, if don't stay there one day like waste.. Haha

Last edited:

arhjaye

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the jr pass since I'm travelling so far out. Seems like there's no buses to the hakuba47 snowmobile place. Need to take taxi there lol. Going to the snow monkey area and rabbit island too. Both day trips though.

Yolo because I book my Tokyo hotel for full 10 days liao, if don't stay there one day like waste.. Haha

Not sure if you will use full value of jr pass if only going hakuba, from hyperdia is bout 10k yen per trip to hakuba, so with return is 20k yen ~ 220 sgd. Jr Pass is about ~300ish iirc.

Cant try cancelling? Why dw plan the ski mobile for a future trip? Can always return to japan again :s13::s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.