Anytime Fitness Thread

pires

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if any of you have "switched" AF gyms before? I do understand that the key allows you to access any of the AF gyms but they are after all still sort of following a franchise model. Will there be any potential issues ?

cremedlcreme

Reaction score
hey guys, just wondering if any of you have "switched" AF gyms before? I do understand that the key allows you to access any of the AF gyms but they are after all still sort of following a franchise model. Will there be any potential issues ?

Not too sure if there will be any potential issues because, so far so good. I've been to a couple of them without any problems :)

Untamed

Reaction score

No issue. I have been to many branches and it is a truly passport system.

y2j

Master Member
Reaction score
no problems for me...I am a member at Macpherson but has not been there since March lol

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
anybody signed up the woodlands branch already?

looking for gym buddies!

planning to sign up after I learnt that they have brought in power racks n more equipment. the festive promo seems quite good too.

ROCKET LAUNCHER

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if you "switch" to the nex outlet you'll never want to go anywhere else already

:)

:(

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no problems for me...I am a member at Macpherson but has not been there since March lol

but i thought they said if you sign up at a certain gym and if you dont go for like 60% of the time, you will lose the price that you are paying?

I signed up for AF balestier

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but i thought they said if you sign up at a certain gym and if you dont go for like 60% of the time, you will lose the price that you are paying?

ya, this is a grey area. The contract did not even specify the percentage of the visit u have to spend at your signup gym.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, this is a grey area. The contract did not even specify the percentage of the visit u have to spend at your signup gym.

hmmm.... i have to re read my contract when i go home. haha anyone even tried sneaking people into the gym before?

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody signed up the woodlands branch already?

looking for gym buddies!

planning to sign up after I learnt that they have brought in power racks n more equipment. the festive promo seems quite good too.

do you know if the promo applies to all outlets?

CPT.SG

Reaction score

???

Can you show where in the contract stated that? As far as I remember, if you go to other a specific place more than where you sign up, your payment will go to that other outlet.

y2j

Master Member
Reaction score

yep its stated there that they can transfer you elsewhere and you might have to pay the "prevailing" member rates

I had a chat with the owner of AF Toa Payoh (Eugene, nice chap!) and I raised this point to him. He mentioned that the all the owners agreed that they will not transfer any members away.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
???

Can you show where in the contract stated that? As far as I remember, if you go to other a specific place more than where you sign up, your payment will go to that other outlet.

When i was signing up with the gym manager, thats what she told me.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yep its stated there that they can transfer you elsewhere and you might have to pay the "prevailing" member rates

I had a chat with the owner of AF Toa Payoh (Eugene, nice chap!) and I raised this point to him. He mentioned that the all the owners agreed that they will not transfer any members away.

nice, hows the tpy branch? Is it good and quiet?

vbhelper

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just relook at my contract terms and conditions, not sure will it strictly enforced

"If over a period of 60 days, we find that you primarily use a particular Anytime Fitness facility instead of this Club, we may transfer your membership to that Facility, subject to your consent....."

Kangsg

Reaction score
Just relook at my contract terms and conditions, not sure will it strictly enforced

"If over a period of 60 days, we find that you primarily use a particular Anytime Fitness facility instead of this Club, we may transfer your membership to that Facility, subject to your consent....."

This isn't the same as losing the special rate & paying the normal rate. And what does transfer means? I thought as long as you pay the rate, you can use any of the branches? Is there a purpose of a parent club?

And lastly it requires your consent, so don't consent if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.