EDMW Knife Collectors

anvil_den

Reaction score
Hi All

Guess I have been lurking around long enough.. actually this is my first post on HWZ since joining in 07' :)

Been reading this awesome thread for a while though...
Just curious (and maybe I have missed it...) what happened with those ordering for Shirogorovs (think posts were around April earlier this year)-- did that ever materialize? No prize for guessing why I'm asking. Yes I'm looking to look at folders again as other interests are waning.

Oh-- nothing to shout but my regular "user" is probably something most ppl won't be considering.. CS Rajah II... yes I really do get to use it due to my other interests :) -- legally of course.
(duh-- I need more post to post pics/ links)

mamba2012

Reaction score
Guess I have been lurking around long enough.. actually this is my first post on HWZ since joining in 07' :)

Been reading this awesome thread for a while though...
Just curious (and maybe I have missed it...) what happened with those ordering for Shirogorovs (think posts were around April earlier this year)-- did that ever materialize? No prize for guessing why I'm asking. Yes I'm looking to look at folders again as other interests are waning.

Oh-- nothing to shout but my regular "user" is probably something most ppl won't be considering.. CS Rajah II... yes I really do get to use it due to my other interests :) -- legally of course.
(duh-- I need more post to post pics/ links)

I did bring in a shirogorov m95t pattern, but i sold it as my taste for collecting changes. They are awesome knives. Great flipping action, solid detent, fast flying... The only gripe i have is that the blades aren't very sharp.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually we still waiting for our group to produce a kleffer.... Hehe

Shiro is good but overated. And the amount of flippers in the folder market makes collector shudder.

My bad for my love of cpm 3v affecting the taste of some of our guys here.hehe

chengkhi

Reaction score
3v is tested ... Far superior then what i have before that i am gradually selling all away and just getting 3v knives...

Sent from GAGT Android App

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to m390:) although I have never used one. Still waiting for my zto562cf =:p

3v gang will only accept 3v and nothing but 3v, lol.

Welcome to our little corner anvil den :)

phrozact

Reaction score
Hi knife gurus,
I am looking for this spyderco knife, has anyone seen any shop selling this in SG?

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=824

If not available in SG, can recommend me the cheapest online store to buy from? Thank you!

Don't know if it's the cheapest, but the below link has it for about USD 115 and shipping is USD 24.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/SPFB31SYL/spyderco-fb31syl-enuff-sheepfoot-fixed-275-h1-serrated-blade-yellow-frn-handles

anvil_den

Reaction score
I did bring in a shirogorov m95t pattern, but i sold it as my taste for collecting changes. They are awesome knives. Great flipping action, solid detent, fast flying... The only gripe i have is that the blades aren't very sharp.

Been mulling over a Shiro for a long time now... and usually my eyes home in on those designed by Sinkevich. Still hope to see a 110B floating around somewhere.. or a 111 for a liner.

Yea Worcer -- I am not sure about over rated but certainly way over priced. Looking at CanaBis now... "Selfxmas-pressie??" I think over price/rated or not-- if I spring for it, it would probably be the closest thing I can ever get to a SIDI custom Mangalor- my holy grail :s13:

Oh if anyone can clarify... while I did have a couple of flippers recently but it kinda bug me as the SPF/ICA regulations are a little unclear-- Flippers do not fall under "gravity" or any of the illegal categories right? Thanks

edit: Thanks for the welcome Vespa

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score
Been mulling over a Shiro for a long time now... and usually my eyes home in on those designed by Sinkevich. Still hope to see a 110B floating around somewhere.. or a 111 for a liner.

Yea Worcer -- I am not sure about over rated but certainly way over priced. Looking at CanaBis now... "Selfxmas-pressie??" I think over price/rated or not-- if I spring for it, it would probably be the closest thing I can ever get to a SIDI custom Mangalor- my holy grail :s13:

Oh if anyone can clarify... while I did have a couple of flippers recently but it kinda bug me as the SPF/ICA regulations are a little unclear-- Flippers do not fall under "gravity" or any of the illegal categories right? Thanks

I owned a shirogorov cannabis from TNK. The shirogorov Cannabis is great to use, flips great and smooth... But not for those with sweaty palms. The canvas micarta turns black very fast. You can probably find one on the secondary market for about 1200 usd now.

anvil_den

Reaction score
I owned a shirogorov cannabis from TNK. The shirogorov Cannabis is great to use, flips great and smooth... But not for those with sweaty palms. The canvas micarta turns black very fast. You can probably find one on the secondary market for about 1200 usd now.

U owned? Its sold or still with you. I know its a really strange request coming from someone new.. but able to look at one would really help make or break that decision
Almost ready to spring but TNK is closed till 16th Dec... so I have a bit of cooling period

Yeah I am a little worried about micarta in our humidity. More of storage and mold over time... Also the backspacer is Micarta-- was wondering about issues of warp over time cos normally when getting stuff, I usually am a keeper rather than sell/ trade later on....

As to working with it till hands are sweaty is probably not gonna happen... still packing my usual 20 yr old cheapo EDC or other work blades like my Rajah and Emersons when out in trails and stuff.

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score
U owned? Its sold or still with you. I know its a really strange request coming from someone new.. but able to look at one would really help make or break that decision
Almost ready to spring but TNK is closed till 16th Dec... so I have a bit of cooling period

Yeah I am a little worried about micarta in our humidity. More of storage and mold over time... Also the backspacer is Micarta-- was wondering about issues of warp over time cos normally when getting stuff, I usually am a keeper rather than sell/ trade later on....

As to working with it till hands are sweaty is probably not gonna happen... still packing my usual 20 yr old cheapo EDC or other work blades like my Rajah and Emersons when out in trails and stuff.

I've traded it off already. Its not with me so you'll just have to take my word for it. As for the backspacer warping, i think that that's not gonna happen because there isn't alot of tensional force acting on it. Hope I helped you out a bit.

anvil_den

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. Really appreciate.

I just wonder why the TNK version did a totally flat grind. Wish it was like those others they made with the profiling on the top of the blade... ok giving myself 100 reasons to find fault now and not to get one now besides thinking for the $$ shelled out-- I could get a few other nice ones :)

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score
You sure flip your Shiros away fast

I just wonder why the TNK version did a totally flat grind. Wish it was like those others they made with the profiling on the top of the blade... ok giving myself 100 reasons to find fault now and not to get one now besides thinking for the $$ shelled out-- I could get a few other nice ones :)

Tastes change. It's not about flipping them away at all. Buy what you like. It's as simple as that.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score

Flippers are not prohibited. mangalore looks nice, like a CS rajah blade, I can see your inclination. SIDIS customs are like hens teeth. Impossible to get. The SIDIS shiro collabs are your closest bet.

Btw, I have a nice Southard Avo for sale too. Flips well, is a small EDc knife, is limited and has a great blade steel.

For use on hikes, trails, etc I find fixed blades better.

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
You sure flip your Shiros away fast

I think the original grinds (more sabre) were for the early run. However, the original grind had belt satin finish, which is not as nice as the TNK blade. Having handled the Cannabis in person, I have to say that I like it a lot. Fits my hand like a glove and I can see myself using it.

Last edited:

anvil_den

Reaction score
Tastes change. It's not about flipping them away at all. Buy what you like. It's as simple as that.

Oops sorry my bad :eek:... The pun of it took over before I realized and remembered what "flipping" means.. Nothing negative was meant in my comment. Peace.

anvil_den

Reaction score
Flippers are not prohibited. mangalore looks nice, like a CS rajah blade, I can see your inclination. SIDIS customs are like hens teeth. Impossible to get. The SIDIS shiro collabs are your closest bet.

Btw, I have a nice Southard Avo for sale too. Flips well, is a small EDc knife, is limited and has a great blade steel.

For use on hikes, trails, etc I find fixed blades better.

Thanks for the headsup on flippers.

Aesthetics wise actually most time my preference is for little or no recurves, esp those with a whole dollop of belly. All my recurves are workhorse that doesnt bug me if they scratch up or chip. However SIDIS designs just somehow takes things to a diff level when looking at them. I really don't know how to express that. Really its more art than use (if in the remote chance I ever do own any)

As for the Raj I frankly find it ugly but 14-15 cross cuts to lop off 3" wet branch with no wobbly play--I got to give it a thumbs up for functionality.

Got ax and a hawk too but these or any big fixed blades are a little difficult. Everything has to go on my mid sized biking bag that also has to hold a number of other stuffs. Don't want to freak folks out with a long handle sticking out. I do hike but locally there's really nothing needed to hack away.. Its on bikes when fallen block the way or thorny overgrown vines can cause danger to unwary folks on wheels speeding along... If its an entire tree across- that is a job for the Parks people. We just inform them.

Anyway a little more about me..been a "user" all my life but not into collecting in the true sense... Branded wise.. started with an Emerson... before the days of internet. I think its a CQC6-- old logo, not like the present ones. An exchange with foreign troops training here. Of course everyone has a Buck and some bowie somewhere in their cupboard... Moving along a number of tactical came my way. Back then tactical were like the "cool" thing to have. Used whatever came my way in a previous job that sees time in the jungle/field for up to 3 months. All came to naught when moving house awhile back and most of these went missing...(still suspect its the movers but no proof). My cheapo EDCs picked up locally to some Moscow flea market were packed separately. To be frank I would be really devastated if those no name "dunno-what-steel" pieces were gone... 2 has been with me for 20 years.

More or less stopped looking until recently. Yup taste change. I don't really look at tactical anymore these days and the array of things with access to internet just blows me away. Gotta admit a lot of thing are new to me. Maybe all the "re-kindled" interest is really more of a bond with blades all my life -- and hoping to get some nice pieces to help etch in my memories of using blades all these while.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
now that's quite a bit of a history there. CQC6 with old logo. do you mean the half moon logo? do you have a pic? does it have a wave? does it have a zero grind blade? threaded bolsters? beadblasted screws and hardware? It would be great to see a pic - you could host it on a pic sharing site and send a link...;)

I've also been fortunate to own a 6 in my previous life (yes, I'm an old man). but other than the whole 'Emerson badass thing', I found it quite difficult to carry, the handle sticks out a lot (typical Emerson characteristic), the customs are way too pricey these days, the zero grind is difficult to maintain other than by stropping or buffing and the for the price (today's market price that is), there's just way better folders with better steel, fit and finish and affordability.

Still, it's nice to own one and I wouldn't mind rekindling my love affair with the 6 if the price is right, which it hasn't been for the past 7-8 years.

It's nice to know that you still have those 20 year knives. Sadly I have none of mine from my early days - they were traded, sold, given away.

Yes, locally, nothing much to chop, but if you head to off the beaten trail, then sometimes, it's nice to maintain the trail and clear out the thorny vines for other trail uses. Technically though, no chopping and clearing of any trees in any locations gazetted as parks - otherwise an nparks summons will cost you $2 or is it $5k.

I mentioned once to a fellow knifeknut in this little corner that he should not ignore knives which tell a 'story', rather than just eyeing the latest and the greatest. Knives you exchange with friends, knives you buy from weird and wonderful places, knives that save your/other's lives etc. By saving it could be cutting up that piece of ham with a civilized tool rather than the edge of a tin can lol

My tastes have changed too...I use to love the 'tactical' thing but now like more traditional materials like wood - I mean, who cares much for an uncle on a scooter looking behaving like Rambo/Orang Asli/William Wallace/Musashi/Osama? :s13::s13::s13:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.