Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I not so jek ark lah. Todai I dun mind paying but I'm not getting the same service now. :(

As for Rise, they usually have one or two meat dishes worth trying. It's decent when you know a few gamblers. :s13:

So you prefer Todai > Rise.

Todai is almost $50 for lunch and 68/80 nett for dinner wor. You find it worth the price? :eek:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worth every single cent. Hahaha.

Hmmm, it was sometime since i last went there, but wats nice there? I remembered having some pretty great roast pork there, but its a bit inconsistent. Seafood n seafood also not bad, but their cooked food is so so nia. Sushi a lot of variety too. Wats worth the $? Besides the waitress :p

jonathanljk

Reaction score
any promos for edge currently? or any buffet dinner to recommend on a weekday? budget about 60+/pax

striker22

Reaction score
Hmmm, it was sometime since i last went there, but wats nice there? I remembered having some pretty great roast pork there, but its a bit inconsistent. Seafood n seafood also not bad, but their cooked food is so so nia. Sushi a lot of variety too. Wats worth the $? Besides the waitress :p
It's not the waitress hor. Dun anyhow say leh. Haha. It's because i get off menu items.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not the waitress hor. Dun anyhow say leh. Haha. It's because i get off menu items.

Aiyah, we're all guys. I understand ;-) anyways your gf not on this forum right?

Wah, how come so good? Next time go, jio me ler. Wanna see simi good stuff you get.

wizzyslurpee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea whether the senior citizen discount for the Line Shangri-la is for the entire table or just the person concerned? Because if you book online, only can choose one discount option... I think is 35% or something.

Edit: Just realized they have removed this 35% discount. Seems to be only 15% discount left for online reservation - AND they increased their prices across the board from 1 Dec... doh.

Any nice promo for decent place for end of the month? I need one for Sat dinner. :(

Last edited:

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not on buffets but anyone order those takeaway Christmas meats for your house parties at home? Anyone to recommend?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I :love: XJN
Date: Thu 18 Dec 2014
Time: 630pm
Venue: XJN @ Marina Square
Price: $25 nett with free flow tea n wet towel

Participants:
1. Toons
2. Dennyz
3. techizen2

Last edited:

huangwn88

Reaction score
Hey guys, any buffet lunch to recommend? Looking at this coming sunday(21st dec). Budget is $50 per pax nett. Preferably have credit card promo. Thanks

duriand24

Reaction score
Went to Edge for dinner last week with colleagues. I am very happy with the spread, particularly the Alaskan King Crabs! It was huge, sweet and juicy. My colleagues like the laksa but I thought the laksa served at the Line is better. The only food I found "so-so" was the sashimi station, perhaps, it was just that day.

Overall, it is good! $78++ for weekday dinner or $88++ if during lobster night.

https://storeandshare.singtel.com/link/view/ywTXDIEOFALGMnac/#

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Edge for dinner last week with colleagues. I am very happy with the spread, particularly the Alaskan King Crabs! It was huge, sweet and juicy. My colleagues like the laksa but I thought the laksa served at the Line is better. The only food I found "so-so" was the sashimi station, perhaps, it was just that day.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. How was your marriott lunch?

duriand24

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks for sharing. How was your marriott lunch?
Didn't go to Marriott for their Sunday brunch because it was fully booked and also Marriott is now serving Christmas theme international buffet, no lobsters! :( Same goes to Saturday lunch.

deepblue_82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

so edge is really good?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Their sashimi not bad wor. Tink maybe tat day stock not good.

U never try their alcoholic pralines? Tats the only thing i missed there :(

Their king crab legs replenished throughout the night?

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't go to Marriott for their Sunday brunch because it was fully booked and also Marriott is now serving Christmas theme international buffet, no lobsters! :( Same goes to Saturday lunch.

I'm going this sat. Mentally prepared liao. Christmas period always those ham, turkey n logs cakes. Oh well, at least got tat festive feeling =:p

Btw, they dun have sunday brunch. Its just normal lunch.

Last edited:

duriand24

Reaction score
I'm going this sat. Mentally prepared liao. Christmas period always those ham, turkey n logs cakes. Oh well, at least got tat festive feeling =:p
Wah lau, boh jio hor ...

As for the sashimi at Edge, I gave them the benefit of doubt that it was just that day. It is not bad or no good, but just doesn't have the wow factor like the ones we had at Hilton, especially the salmon belly which Kahlan passed to me some of it. But no problem, it was well compensated by the delicious Alaskan King Crabs. I think I ate as much as Robin on that day.:s13: And yes, the top ups were very frequent. In fact, the guy who was manning the seafood station had boxes of seafood stacked behind him to ensure that it never ran out. When I was leaving the restaurant, I saw the replenishments with even bigger sized crabs! But I too full to eat liao. I didn't have the pralines, instead I only had fruits and coffee before I call it a day! Too full liao!

@deepblue, Edge is really good! I am sure you won't be disappointed!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.