Buffetlicious! The All You Can Eat Buffet thread - Part 6

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has anyone tried 来一客 steamboat and teppanyaki buffet at hillv2?

tried the buffet tonight.

yuan-yang mini pot for two persons with five choices of soup base: kimchi, sauerkraut, indian curry, tomato and the basic superior broth.

very fresh vegetables and good spread of the usual steamboat ingredients. the prawns were big and pre-cooked. some uncommon ingredients included portobello mushrooms and mochi.

for the cooked to order teppanyaki, there was beef, curry lamb, pork chop, chicken chop, curry prawn, saba fillet, sanma, baked mussel with cheese, sauteed vegetables.

cooked items include grilled chicken mid-wing joint, bee hoon, cheese balls, chawanmushi, lu rou fan, lu dan, cheese sausage etc.

didn't try the fruits (guava, watermelon, grapes etc), dessert and ice cream (quite a number of flavours) so no comments.

place was quiet since mall is still new and out of the way. service was good. probably not worth the 36+ for dinner but won't mind coming back again.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried the buffet tonight.

for the cooked to order teppanyaki, there was beef, curry lamb, pork chop, chicken chop, curry prawn, saba fillet, sanma, baked mussel with cheese, sauteed vegetables.

Thanks for the feedback. Hows the teppan beef, lamb, pork n saba?

Just noticed the broth choices. Indian curry? Which 2 broths did you try n how are they?

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Hows the teppan beef, lamb, pork n saba?

Just noticed the broth choices. Indian curry? Which 2 broths did you try n how are they?

beef, lamb, pork and chicken were not too bad but came in thin slices. can go for the saba fillet, sanma (whole fish), curry prawn (two pieces per tag) and baked mussel (one piece per tag). forgot to mention that there was shishamo but didn't try that.

we tried all broths except for indian curry. the different soup bases are added to the superior broth. the sauerkraut was like suan cai tang you get in china and taiwan. kimchi soup was not bad, slightly spicy. tomato soup i didn't try.

they're having a promo until 28th dec. should be around 20%. offer wasn't valid yesterday during xmas.

Last edited:

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had lunch at cafebiz, Hotel Jen, formerly known as Traders.

The food is basically the same as b4, with the same 1 for 1 promo for lunch n dinner, except for Fri n Sat dinner which is 3 for 2 cos they have more seafood for those nites. Iirc, got lobbies, snow crab legs etc for those nites.

Seafood for lunch used to be just clams, mussels and prawns. Did not try the former 2, but the prawns are fresh n sweet. However, today they have lobster claws too. Surprising good, fresh n firm, just a tad salty at times, nice. I like their braised pork trotters which i think is 1 of their signature dishes too. Roasted duck n meat decent. Turkey okay, not too dry. Glut rice n bryani nice too, except the glutinous rice tad salty n bryani not using the basmati rice n grain all broken up. Roasted lamb was good too, but they tend to be tougher cos of overcooking later into the buffet. Nvm, by then i whacked til i full liao. Decent selection of desserts too, but nothing outstanding. Hmmm, they now serve their durian paste for dinner now. Missed it as it was quite decent too. Oh yea, they dun serve sashimi for lunch hor. Sushi yes, but i find them mediocre.

Overall, i find it a nice lunch for abt $28 nett with the 1 for 1 promo from most cc.

neanea

Master Member
Reaction score
Which cc for the 1 for 1 promo?

Just had lunch at cafebiz, Hotel Jen, formerly known as Traders.

The food is basically the same as b4, with the same 1 for 1 promo for lunch n dinner, except for Fri n Sat dinner which is 3 for 2 cos they have more seafood for those nites. Iirc, got lobbies, snow crab legs etc for those nites.

Seafood for lunch used to be just clams, mussels and prawns. Did not try the former 2, but the prawns are fresh n sweet. However, today they have lobster claws too. Surprising good, fresh n firm, just a tad salty at times, nice. I like their braised pork trotters which i think is 1 of their signature dishes too. Roasted duck n meat decent. Turkey okay, not too dry. Glut rice n bryani nice too, except the glutinous rice tad salty n bryani not using the basmati rice n grain all broken up. Roasted lamb was good too, but they tend to be tougher cos of overcooking later into the buffet. Nvm, by then i whacked til i full liao. Decent selection of desserts too, but nothing outstanding. Hmmm, they now serve their durian paste for dinner now. Missed it as it was quite decent too. Oh yea, they dun serve sashimi for lunch hor. Sushi yes, but i find them mediocre.

Overall, i find it a nice lunch for abt $28 nett with the 1 for 1 promo from most cc.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$28 per pax not cheap .. :(

$28 nett per pax for hotel buffet okay mah. Sakura lunch now also $25++, if 1 hr promo abt $21 nett.

If want cheaper, then go for those k bbq lunch (abt $15++) or porridge buffet. Rajah inn @ tiong bahru plaza used to be $8.10 nett, but dunno where they shifted to now.

Toons

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Toons, want go must jio hor

Keke. Very long never meet you for meal liao. Busy with yr end closing ah?

You only interested in this one, or also in korean bbq? Or wanna go other places like copthorne king?

tingpei

Reaction score
Heard from a friend that now nikko hotel dinner buffet price is ard sgd 80 per pax? Any other nice lobster dinner to recommend in Saigon?

natureview02

Reaction score
Heard from a friend that now nikko hotel dinner buffet price is ard sgd 80 per pax? Any other nice lobster dinner to recommend in Saigon?

Planning a trip to Ho Chi Minh in January. Any recommendations for buffet/street food/French food to try there?

Thanks

maxyes

Reaction score
Oasia Zaffron really small spread la and no more cold stone ice cream. Not worth the price even when I use Groupon vouchers and theres an additional $5 per pax which I feel is boliao haha. Got a few xmas special food wagyu steak / grilled salmon / grilled pork / duck pasta and of cos they all have special names only that I simplified it hahaha...
aiya how to post pics... anyone got any website where I can send u guys pics?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.