EDMW Knife Collectors

timber2

Reaction score
Anyone keen in SureFire M3? Hardly used with box etc., still there. On time, less than I batteries replacement = less than 60mins.

Thus both MN10 and MN11 still a long way to go.

Lelong to clear my excess flashlight that hardly used. MSG or Whatsapp me if keen at 85005360.

24D3A9EC-BEAC-4B45-97EB-6F816FB6AB9D_zpsouyd9bp0.jpg

timber2

Reaction score
Anyone keen in SureFire M3? Hardly used with box etc., still there. On time, less than I batteries replacement = less than 60mins.

Thus both MN10 and MN11 still a long way to go.

Lelong to clear my excess flashlight that hardly used. MSG or Whatsapp me if keen at 85005360.

24D3A9EC-BEAC-4B45-97EB-6F816FB6AB9D_zpsouyd9bp0.jpg

SureFire....gone. Tks Bro.

Sigmazxcs

Reaction score
Been mulling over a Shiro for a long time now... and usually my eyes home in on those designed by Sinkevich. Still hope to see a 110B floating around somewhere.. or a 111 for a liner.

Yea Worcer -- I am not sure about over rated but certainly way over priced. Looking at CanaBis now... "Selfxmas-pressie??" I think over price/rated or not-- if I spring for it, it would probably be the closest thing I can ever get to a SIDI custom Mangalor- my holy grail :s13:

Oh if anyone can clarify... while I did have a couple of flippers recently but it kinda bug me as the SPF/ICA regulations are a little unclear-- Flippers do not fall under "gravity" or any of the illegal categories right? Thanks

edit: Thanks for the welcome Vespa

I'm also a hardcore fan of the 110B! Hoping to get one sometime next year.

I see that the 110 is still available once in awhile. If you don't mind being a cabbage, you can buy it off ebay at about $2k if you can find it. The 110b is a true gem, only ever saw one up for grabs. But with M390 blade, that thing was flipped for US$3k on ebay.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
Before everyone goes ape over flippers only, if you're going to be using your flippers in muddy and sandy environs, beware the mud and sand that go into the races holding the bearings. Unless you can and like field stripping that is a disadvantage of bearing-Ed flippers.

anvil_den

Reaction score
Before everyone goes ape over flippers only, if you're going to be using your flippers in muddy and sandy environs, beware the mud and sand that go into the races holding the bearings. Unless you can and like field stripping that is a disadvantage of bearing-Ed flippers.

Bearings and weatherings.. gotta love the relationship eh! I always try to KISS it... most days stick to users having washers and not folders with 10 thousand pieces falling out on disassembly. My SOP has a piece of gauze saturated with Extralube ZX1 to dab the washers/ contact points of whatever equipment needing lubing, not just blades when field stripping. That oil really work wonders.

Curious as to what is being used by others when u lube after cleaning. I see Tuf Glide mentioned a lot on forums but have no experience with that.

I'm also a hardcore fan of the 110B! Hoping to get one sometime next year.

I see that the 110 is still available once in awhile. If you don't mind being a cabbage, you can buy it off ebay at about $2k if you can find it. The 110b is a true gem, only ever saw one up for grabs. But with M390 blade, that thing was flipped for US$3k on ebay.

One next year? You are on the list before their books closed? I'm close to zero expertise at this point with blades but the few on my wishlist is enough to make me reel over thinking of the moolahs to part -- assuming I could even get the chance to buy them. A small part of me is hoping not to see the 110B up for sale :)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
My Xmas post

Hello knifefolks,
Well another year has passed since the last Christmas, and I've been frequenting this thread the past 2 years. We've seen new folks and not so new folks (lurkers or backbenchers) start posting and sharing. We've shared in the excitement and anticipation of new edged tools of some members including some fancy timascus customs. We've even seen some reviews as well as some drama from local dealers. I like to think that this thread has grown a little in terms of depth in the past year ;)

Xmas is about giving and sharing. If you have time on your hands, go volunteer at many of the places that require an extra pair of hands. Even if it's for a day, something is better than nothing. If that's too big a step for you, give your best smile and a nice word to your neighbours, the cleaners, the guy/gal at the market/aisle etc. Just share in the happiness and joy of the season.

Happy holidays and Merry Xmas to one and all.

Warmest regards from Vespa =:p

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
ok, it's Boxing Day! and counting down to the 2015. So, share what knives you bought for Xmas and for 2014 =:p

I'll start - none for Xmas. This year I bought the Southard Avo, ZT801, Manix 2 S110V, Kershaw Nuvo, Stuart Harvey puukko and one or two more folders that I cannot seem to recall right now. Of course, I'm selling most of them as they are meant for study, fondling and then let go to fund 2015 folders :s13:

Oh, yeah, I just remembered that I got myself a 3V chopper and a traditional golok as well - that's for my bush clearing activities :s13:

I'm looking forward to more interesting pieces in 2015, especially the 0562CF ....

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
small bump for my Xmas sale goodies:

1. Kifaru x-ray pack foliage green with belt and strap keepers excellent-like new) - USD500

2. Poltergeistworks 3201 folder - withdrawn

3. ZT801 folder NIB - USD212

4. Sold, thanks

5. Withdrawn

6. Para 2 Knifeworks Exclusive Run Hunter Green and Carpenter CTS204P steel with after market titanium deep carry clip NIB - USD260.

All prices are via paypal nett of fees. I can also take SGD at present exchange rates if you prefer. If you take 3 or more items, we can negotiate a slight discount during this Xmas season =:p

Thanks for looking.

bump for Boxing Day.....take 2 or more and get a better price.

Thanks for looking...;)

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
where can i get bang for buck kitchen multi purpose knife for occasionally usage
budget 30-100

Get a KAI kitchen knife (santoku) (at Tangs, Taka, Isetan...anywhere) - it comes in a blister pack. around $35 IIRC. It has a 6" blade and is ground thin, and edgeholding is not bad (not quite blue steel or AEB-L but not bad). The blade is 58-59hrc so is forgiving and can be sharpened easily. If you have a big countertop, then you can go for longer blades. But if you have a modestly sized countertop, then I would advise that you stick to slightly shorter blades.

If you're doing occasional cooking, then get a stainless steel knife.

If you want to splurge, go for knives with VG10 steel.

If you don't mind maintenance, you can try carbon steel but since you mentioned occasional, stick to stainless. Don't waste money on the pasar malam knives - they're cheap as chips but are soft and have zero aesthetics.

With the extra money, get yourself a benchstone to touch up your blade as and when - I think Black Tactical sells a waterstone 1000/3000 for under $50 - I believe Worcer has posted his find before.

Happy cooking :)

Last edited:

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get a KAI kitchen knife (santoku) (at Tangs, Taka, Isetan...anywhere) - it comes in a blister pack. around $35 IIRC. It's ground thin, and edgeholding is not bad (not quite blue steel or AEB-L but not bad).

If you're doing occasional cooking, then get a stainless steel knife.

If you want to splurge, go for knives with VG10 steel.

If you don't mind maintenance, you can try carbon steel but since you mentioned occasional, stick to stainless.

my main usage is to cut fruit, the last time i bought the j.a henckels (low end type) the blade chip
which brand of knive would you recommend. on top of that online shop is prefered :s8:
thanks

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the kitchen knives uses cheap steel but sell at expensive prices.

And they had high hardness with razor sharp blade which easily causes chipping.

I also bought a chef knife for around 30usd in kifecenter for the occasional usage.

invisible.hippo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All the kitchen knives uses cheap steel but sell at expensive prices.

And they had high hardness with razor sharp blade which easily causes chipping.

I also bought a chef knife for around 30usd in kifecenter for the occasional usage.

victorinox and global knife blade are more resistance to chipping or rather never chip

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
buy what you like, honestly. I don't like global because of the price vs steel. And I dislike all steel/one-piece knives. But lots of people like the design of global - it is different from the usual pinned handle of western kitchen knives or the wa (traditional) handle of Japanese knives.

For cutting fruit, you need a thin blade.

Let us know what you get in the end.

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
victorinox and global knife blade are more resistance to chipping or rather never chip

impossible. Unless they heat treat hardness below 55hrc. Which will make blades dull faster.

Its either hardness or none chipping. there is no best of both world... unless u are talking about CPM 3V which is not fully stainless.

These two brand doesn't make Excalibur. so no magical sword for u.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.