Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I too ambitious to complete within 2 full days? Any suggestion? Missed out anything?

Day 1
- Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Kyoto Jishu Shrine (is this in the east? i lazy to google)
- Yasaka Pagoda
- Kodaiji Temple
- Philosopher's Walk
- Ginkakuji
- Gion
[can follow this sample: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3950_eastern_kyoto_full.html if you haven't seen]

Day 2
- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Nishiki Market
- Kinkakuji

it's quite a number of places for the first day. when are you going? if winter, can omit philosohper's walk. i personally liked arashiyama but too rush to include for 2 days.

Last edited:

greenhse

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's quite a number of places for the first day. when are you going? if winter, can omit philosohper's walk. i personally liked arashiyama but too rush to include for 2 days.

thanks for the input.

going in 2 weeks time.

will cut short the places on the first day if it's too rush.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i had 1 time of Onsen experience, but after the 1st time, i dare not go in anymore....
Cos saw guys down there jumping up and down and asking their friends if it's moving a not... lol

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go take a walk among the hotspring pools that you just saw from inside the onsen in Takimotokan

shared public pools for mix gender hav to wear swimming suit hor?

i had 1 time of Onsen experience, but after the 1st time, i dare not go in anymore....
Cos saw guys down there jumping up and down and asking their friends if it's moving a not... lol

lol!

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
shared public pools for mix gender hav to wear swimming suit hor?

lol!

I don't think there are mixed bathing onsens in Noboribetsu, at least not in Takimotokan.

Where I know there are mixed gender pools in onsen spas in Tokyo and even in Jozankei, those are not authentic onsens and they are usually labelled as swimming pools or bathing pools. Those you need swimming costumes.

Real mixed gender bathing onsens usually have to go in naked, even for the ladies. Some places that I have been allows the woman to wrap herself with towel, and I have seen some women doing that, but this is usually frowned upon unless clearly indicated at the bath.

One of the more beautiful mixed onsen I have been to is the Furusato Onsen in Sakurajima. There you are given a thin cotton white yukata to wear into the onsen. Unfortunately, the hotel has gone bankrupt in 2012.

The Big Bang Theory

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are mixed bathing onsens in Noboribetsu, at least not in Takimotokan.

Where I know there are mixed gender pools in onsen spas in Tokyo and even in Jozankei, those are not authentic onsens and they are usually labelled as swimming pools or bathing pools. Those you need swimming costumes.

Real mixed gender bathing onsens usually have to go in naked, even for the ladies. Some places that I have been allows the woman to wrap herself with towel, and I have seen some women doing that, but this is usually frowned upon unless clearly indicated at the bath.

One of the more beautiful mixed onsen I have been to is the Furusato Onsen in Sakurajima. There you are given a thin cotton white yukata to wear into the onsen. Unfortunately, the hotel has gone bankrupt in 2012.

Thanks for the info again! How about private baths? Outdoor private onsens, have? haha

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when staying at a hotel / ryoukan

when you return back to the hotel / ryoukan and the staff greets you with "tadaima", will "okaeri" be an appropriate reply? or is it weird coz it's not really your house? :s13:

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
First Trip to Japan (5D4N)

Need assistance for my itinerary.

Day 1 - via Scoot (11am reach)
NEX Train to Shinjuku [advice where to purchase, SG or JP?]
Transfer train at Nippori Station, Pitstop at Ueno Park
Check-in Hotel (Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku)
Explore Shinjuku & Shibuya

Day 2
Check-out to Hakone [Purchase Hakone Free Pass, where to get it cheaper?]
Check-in Ooike Hotel
Explore Hakone

Day 3
Gotemba Outlet (Morning)
Check-out back to Shinjuku
Meiji Shrine, Yoyoji Park, Harajuku

Day 4
Senjoji Shrine, Akihabara, Ginza, Tokyo Towers

Day 5
Flying to Taipei at noon

Also would like to know where/which Transport Card (similar to EZ-Link) to get and also unlimited 3G SIM.

Arigato!

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My answers below

Need assistance for my itinerary.

Day 1 - via Scoot (11am reach)
NEX Train to Shinjuku [advice where to purchase, SG or JP?]
Transfer train at Nippori Station, Pitstop at Ueno Park
Check-in Hotel (Hotel Sunroute Higashi Shinjuku)
Explore Shinjuku & Shibuya

Purchase the NEX train ticket in JP. 1500 yen only.

Day 2
Check-out to Hakone [Purchase Hakone Free Pass, where to get it cheaper?]
Check-in Ooike Hotel
Explore Hakone

Ensure that this is not a weekend, if not super packed.
Read here

Day 3
Gotemba Outlet (Morning)
Check-out back to Shinjuku
Meiji Shrine, Yoyoji Park, Harajuku

Day 4
Senjoji Shrine, Akihabara, Ginza, Tokyo Towers

Day 5
Flying to Taipei at noon

Also would like to know where/which Transport Card (similar to EZ-Link) to get and also unlimited 3G SIM.

Arigato!

Ezlink:
Suica
Suica | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST

In Japan, no such thing as really unlimited 3G SIM. You might wanna look at my other thread for Unlimited MIFI rental or the So-Net thread in the same forum

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

when you return back to the hotel / ryoukan and the staff greets you with "tadaima", will "okaeri" be an appropriate reply? or is it weird coz it's not really your house? :s13:
i think it's ok though...

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Since you are staying there, it is find to use okaeri. Likewise, use ittekimasu when you are going out too. :)

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
My answers below

Purchase the NEX train ticket in JP. 1500 yen only.

Ensure that this is not a weekend, if not super packed.
Read here

Ezlink:
Suica
Suica | Fares & Passes | JR-EAST

In Japan, no such thing as really unlimited 3G SIM. You might wanna look at my other thread for Unlimited MIFI rental or the So-Net thread in the same forum

ok thanks! will continue my research.

Wood41

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they have 2- rider bicycle ( like those at East Coast Park )
at Biei / Furano in Summer ?

Mistic

Reaction score
where is a better plc to shop for NEw yr sale and lucky bag?

Shinjuku or Ginza? or is there better plc?

Also premium outlet got such disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.