ipad air 2 faulty screen bought from istudio - now they don't want to care less than 24 hours

penyekz

Reaction score
Just bought an ipad air 2 cellular 128gb from istudio at plaza sing. The guy opened the box for me to check the ipad exterior. Did not switch on the ipad.

When I got home, switched it on and found either dust under the screen or dead pixels.... On max brightness, few (>10) pixels missing. When off, can see some dust/defect on the same area.

I promptly called istudio up and was told to go service centre as they checked it already and basically wash their hands off it.

What crap customer service is this? ipad sold was faulty and I called less than 24 hours and they said not their problem.

This is NOT how customer service should work in Singapore... especially in this day and age. They should provide one to one exchange like how a real apple store would if they want to call themselves a "premium reseller".

Really unhappy about this. Anyone else had similar experience? How was it resolved? I don't want a refurbished set. I want a brand new one. Apple is usually good with these sort of things.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's what you get from purchasing from our local authorized resellers, shitty after sales service. I've seen customers with brand new Apple stuff spoilt, reseller push them to service center, they go there make hell lot of noise but end up still get back a refurb set.

Next time buy direct from Apple, tell your friends and relatives too.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ipad air 2 when playing video with music..

the set actually vibrates due to the sound bass..

wonder can we return and take full refund?

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score

You can try and keep us updated here!

After all, this problem that you mentioned also affect the iPad Air and I can tell you that since I own both...

Last edited:

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
Just bought an ipad air 2 cellular 128gb from istudio at plaza sing. The guy opened the box for me to check the ipad exterior. Did not switch on the ipad.

When I got home, switched it on and found either dust under the screen or dead pixels.... On max brightness, few (>10) pixels missing. When off, can see some dust/defect on the same area.

I promptly called istudio up and was told to go service centre as they checked it already and basically wash their hands off it.

What crap customer service is this? ipad sold was faulty and I called less than 24 hours and they said not their problem.

This is NOT how customer service should work in Singapore... especially in this day and age. They should provide one to one exchange like how a real apple store would if they want to call themselves a "premium reseller".

Really unhappy about this. Anyone else had similar experience? How was it resolved? I don't want a refurbished set. I want a brand new one. Apple is usually good with these sort of things.

You are super suay lei, I think first you can lodge a complaint to apple and also contact the service center. See what is their reply.

Normally, I prefer to buy from Shop because I would open and test on the spot. If problem exist, I would reject it.

This may help you to pursue a claim against them. Read especially qn10.
https://www.case.org.sg/pdf/Lemon Law FAQs.pdf

Very grey area and not sure can use or not.

That's what you get from purchasing from our local authorized resellers, shitty after sales service. I've seen customers with brand new Apple stuff spoilt, reseller push them to service center, they go there make hell lot of noise but end up still get back a refurb set.

Next time buy direct from Apple, tell your friends and relatives too.

Plus and minus. Anyway who and wherever you buy from, it is still from Apple unless yourself export from elsewhere not via SG web or shop. then really LLST.

clokwerk0

Reaction score
Plus and minus. Anyway who and wherever you buy from, it is still from Apple unless yourself export from elsewhere not via SG web or shop. then really LLST.

You missed the point of crystalnox's post.

For purchase from online AppleStore, you can log a legitimate complain for a defective product delivered and have it returned & get them to send you a new set. Not a refurbished set.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

For purchase from online AppleStore, you can log a legitimate complain for a defective product delivered and have it returned & get them to send you a new set. Not a refurbished set.

Yea, and within 14 days you can return and exchange until you happy with your set, they will pick up and delivery to your doorstep.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OP have u tried calling apple directly? they should b able to work something out for u.

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score

Bosses, I was referring to stores outside Singapore (That including web store)

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bosses, I was referring to stores outside Singapore (That including web store)

The web store is considered a local store(.sg), they will only ship to sg and charge in sgd. Sure an Apple product bought from anyone is still from Apple, but we're talking about cutting out the middle man, which is the authorised retailer.

Buying from the link below ensures you're buying directly from Apple. Any issues from day one, you deal only with Apple, not some commission hungry salesman who doesn't give a damn after you hand over the money.

Apple Store Singapore

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
The web store is considered a local store(.sg), they will only ship to sg and charge in sgd. Sure an Apple product bought from anyone is still from Apple, but we're talking about cutting out the middle man, which is the authorised retailer.

Buying from the link below ensures you're buying directly from Apple. Any issues from day one, you deal only with Apple, not some commission hungry salesman who doesn't give a damn after you hand over the money.

Apple Store Singapore

Forget about my previous sentence since my poor command of language is causing misunderstandings ><'''

So far my experience with direct stores was good. Both my iPad Air and Air 2 was purchased from the same store and we went through all the checks before I siamelogy.

Honestly, it was the first time I heard about such a bad QC Apple product.

Most of the time is maybe 1 or 2 dead/stuck pixel.

To be real honest here, I feel more kan chiong buying other brands than Apple LOL especially QC related...

AIR 2 screen was the first fused to the panel for the zero gap between screen and panel.

Normally, if problem exist, I will just send a ticket to Apple and get them to assist on the matter!

I hope TS can resolved real quick and take down who he has spoken to for record purposes.

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ordered on last wed @ apple online, received on last fri.. tested on last fri night then found out the vibration.. tried to call hotline but they are closed..

called them today and managed to get a full refund with they coming to collect from me on this wed. no restocking fee..

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ordered on last wed @ apple online, received on last fri.. tested on last fri night then found out the vibration.. tried to call hotline but they are closed..

called them today and managed to get a full refund with they coming to collect from me on this wed. no restocking fee..

Why refund? Ask them to replace, they will replace witha new set.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

apple make it to thin
so when play theset is not as solid as before

Rxgn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why refund? Ask them to replace, they will replace witha new set.

before i dont know got this prob..

after i bought and tested my set.. over last weekend, i went out and try display sets too.. all got this prob.. hence no point asking them to replace..

you can go try display set.. in video playing mode, 50% of speaker level.. you can feel already..

as im buying for my infant child, i decided to return and take refund..

perhaps i will buy ipad mini or tab s..

penyekz

Reaction score
So here's an update:

Having not gotten anywhere with istudio, I called apple up today. There were quite helpful (after being put on hold for about 30 mins altogether).

They called up istudio to quote the lemon law. And they asked them to do a one to one exchange. The apple chap said if istudio was not willing to swap then apple would most likely send a replacement to me. However, istudio did agree to swap one for me.

I went down today for the exchange and they gave me a new set. They "inspected" the old set for damage/wrong ipad/checked storage capacity/scratches/etc etc....

I asked the guy why did apple need to call them to sort out my issue... I told him that my experience with istudio was terrible and it shouldn't be that way. his answer was that they needed to "protect" themselves as people have previously returned/exchange items when no fault was present.

What a load of BS. Anyway, lesson learnt. Buy direct from apple. And hopefully, apple will open a real apple store to throw these cowboys out of business.

Retailers in Sg need to realise that the customer experience is as important as the sale. If I encounter crap experience, I will boycott that shop permanently and spread the experience to as many people as I know.

I've always had good customer service from apple. So if you guys encounter any problems, speak to apple. they usually try their best to sort it out.

Last edited:

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
before i dont know got this prob..

after i bought and tested my set.. over last weekend, i went out and try display sets too.. all got this prob.. hence no point asking them to replace..

you can go try display set.. in video playing mode, 50% of speaker level.. you can feel already..

as im buying for my infant child, i decided to return and take refund..

perhaps i will buy ipad mini or tab s..

Before buying iPad mini, do go and test if this a common problem with iPad mini since iPad Air/Air2 are designed after iPad mini.

That was one good reason why I don't on the music while I am holding it, putting on the table using with music on was fine but holding on the hand.... THAT DRIVES ME CRAZY lol

Last edited:

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score
So here's an update:

Having not gotten anywhere with istudio, I called apple up today. There were quite helpful (after being put on hold for about 30 mins altogether).

They called up istudio to quote the lemon law. And they asked them to do a one to one exchange. The apple chap said if istudio was not willing to swap then apple would most likely send a replacement to me. However, istudio did agree to swap one for me.

I went down today for the exchange and they gave me a new set. They "inspected" the old set for damage/wrong ipad/checked storage capacity/scratches/etc etc....

I asked the guy why did apple need to call them to sort out my issue... I told him that my experience with istudio was terrible and it shouldn't be that way. his answer was that they needed to "protect" themselves as people have previously returned/exchange items when no fault was present.

What a load of BS. Anyway, lesson learnt. Buy direct from apple. And hopefully, apple will open a real apple store to throw these cowboys out of business.

Retailers in Sg need to realise that the customer experience is as important as the sale. If I encounter crap experience, I will boycott that shop permanently and spread the experience to as many people as I know.

I've always had good customer service from apple. So if you guys encounter any problems, speak to apple. they usually try their best to sort it out.

Glad you got it resolved.

Haha I believe if they screw up this case maybe their reseller partner points might have some impact ><!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.