Pros :
- Cheap at $50
- Very easy to setup
- Supports SD Card recording
- Wide angle coverage
- Standard Micro-USB power plug

Cons :
- No third-party software
- App only for Android (Workaround for iOS below)
- Everything in Chinese (cons for me lol)
- Painful to mount. Must use a really really good double-sided tape
- Video quality is so so (CMOS Censor)

For iOS workaround, you can use IP Cam Viewer app to connect to your Xiaoyi IP camera (https://appsto.re/sg/GYaay.i). Connect through RTSP.

Code:
Ants Xiaoyi Smart Camera camera outputs are standard RTSP stream, you can use VLC Player or any other software connected camera supports RTSP streaming RTSP streaming online viewing.

First of all you need to know the camera's Web URL address, such as 192.168.1.128, RTSP is the IP address of the camera port 554, the we network that corresponds to the URL address of the camera is as follows:

Main stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_0.h264
Minor stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_1.h264
Audio stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_3.h264

Last edited:

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am using it currently.

Pros:
-Can take out the lens and mount it anyway u want it.
-very easy to setup and use now support IOS as well.
-with Mi router u can set the on and off time daily or working days etc.
-access using 3g network quite alright for me not so sure why many user in china complaint about laggnes.
-so portable that u can use Mi power bank to power it up and place some where hidden LOL.

Cons:
-need class 10 micro SD card for update AMD formatted to Fat32 else u will never get it to work.
-no Ir for night recording which makes it not so smart afterall as it was advertise as smart cam for detecting house intrusion.

noxire

Reaction score
I am using it currently.

Pros:
-access using 3g network quite alright for me not so sure why many user in china complaint about laggnes.
-so portable that u can use Mi power bank to power it up and place some where hidden LOL.

Cons:
-need class 10 micro SD card for update AMD formatted to Fat32 else u will never get it to work.
-no Ir for night recording which makes it not so smart afterall as it was advertise as smart cam for detecting house intrusion.

Hi,

What app are you using in iOS?

Thanks

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

What app are you using in iOS?

Thanks

My wife using iPhone 6. Just go itune and search for 小蚁 it will appear. However u can't login via mi account at the moment so need to create account via xiaoyi which is quite easy.

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
hi,

direct purchase from mi ?

thanks

I am using it currently.

Pros:

Cons:

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,

direct purchase from mi ?

thanks

From taobao. The original price is 149RMB from xiaomi. However most reseller selling it from 158 to 168RMB. Bought mine at 165RMB with 6RMB shipping and ship it back via 4PX.

keith

Master Member
Reaction score
From taobao. The original price is 149RMB from xiaomi. However most reseller selling it from 158 to 168RMB. Bought mine at 165RMB with 6RMB shipping and ship it back via 4PX.

many thanks. does the power adapter heats up after some time of use ?

tckrto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
many thanks. does the power adapter heats up after some time of use ?

No idea. I use back the UK 3 pin plug provided from my singapore Xiaomi phone purchased. And now using Mi power bank to power it as the wire is very ugly lol.

dannieboy

Reaction score
Anyone else using this IP cam?

So far this is what i can say:

Pros :
- Cheap at $50
- Very easy to setup
- Supports SD Card recording
- Wide angle coverage
- Standard Micro-USB power plug

Cons :
- No third-party software
- App only for Android (Workaround for iOS below)
- Everything in Chinese (cons for me lol)
- Painful to mount. Must use a really really good double-sided tape
- Video quality is so so (CMOS Censor)

For iOS workaround, you can use IP Cam Viewer app to connect to your Xiaoyi IP camera (https://appsto.re/sg/GYaay.i). Connect through RTSP.

Code:
Ants Xiaoyi Smart Camera camera outputs are standard RTSP stream, you can use VLC Player or any other software connected camera supports RTSP streaming RTSP streaming online viewing.

First of all you need to know the camera's Web URL address, such as 192.168.1.128, RTSP is the IP address of the camera port 554, the we network that corresponds to the URL address of the camera is as follows:

Main stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_0.h264
Minor stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_1.h264
Audio stream:rtsp://192.168.1.128:554/ch0_3.h264

How do you do initial setup for the cam? I didn't see any WiFi signal, no drivers, and I got no MI phone's app.

Care to share? TIA :)

Edited: Found the apk file :)

Last edited:

danheng

Reaction score
My wife using iPhone 6. Just go itune and search for 小蚁 it will appear. However u can't login via mi account at the moment so need to create account via xiaoyi which is quite easy.

Hi bro, managed to install the app, but when trying to connect to the camera, the app seems to be skipping the scanning of QR code steps leh, thereby, i cant connect to the camera.
any advice? thanks.

new64

Reaction score
does it comes with IRLED

Hi,
if anyone got this ipcam,
just want to check with u,
can u view black and white in dark room or at night ?

thanks!

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bro, managed to install the app, but when trying to connect to the camera, the app seems to be skipping the scanning of QR code steps leh, thereby, i cant connect to the camera.
any advice? thanks.

I have installed 3 cams with both android and ios, there's no qr code to scan. Simply identify your WiFi and input ur WiFi password into the app.

But before u do that, reset the cam by using a pin and poking the small hole at the back.

Sent from 我的手机 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.