SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Kinkyjustin

Reaction score
Hi guys, I failed my IPPT and now I am in the RT window. I thought during RT window still can book IPPT, if pass IPPT don't need go for RT anymore.

How come in ns portal I only can book RT sessions and cannot book IPPT sessions?

leonardo83

Reaction score
Hi guys, I failed my IPPT and now I am in the RT window. I thought during RT window still can book IPPT, if pass IPPT don't need go for RT anymore.

How come in ns portal I only can book RT sessions and cannot book IPPT sessions?
You can only attempt ippt at the 8th session of your RT.

chehjin

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow didn't know about this information, thanks for sharing.

quite ****** up leh, like waste of time :s8:

especially if you are confident of passing the 2nd try.

then you should have joined IPT instead of RT.

RT by its naming is sort of "punishment" for not meeting the standard.

If you are confident of passing, you should pass before your deadline and not wait until RT happens.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i am turning 35 on my birthday soon.

Can i still book ipt or do i need to clear FFI first?

Will they inform me to go for FFI or do i need to book myself?

Calander

Reaction score
Guys, i am turning 35 on my birthday soon.

Can i still book ipt or do i need to clear FFI first?

Will they inform me to go for FFI or do i need to book myself?

By default your unit will be contacting you. However, they have a timeframe in scheduling you within 3 months before your next window. Therefore, is better that you contact NS portal indicating that you would like to have a FFI done so as to save time.

crow_nest

Reaction score
Since 1 Apr is when the new IPPT kicks in officially, and my IPPT window ends 30 May. Can I wait out til 1 Apr to attempt my 1st IPPT? Or will I still be under the old IPPT with 5 stations regardless of whether I take now or later?

Calander

Reaction score
Since 1 Apr is when the new IPPT kicks in officially, and my IPPT window ends 30 May. Can I wait out til 1 Apr to attempt my 1st IPPT? Or will I still be under the old IPPT with 5 stations regardless of whether I take now or later?

Yes you can and it will be the new system. But you must pass your IPPT otherwise in June 2015 will be your RT window.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
New IPPT starts on April?

Hmm...I took my IPPT some time back, it is under the old system. And I am currently under IPT.

So if I attend my last IPT session in April, which will be an IPPT test, I suppose I will take the new system?

Anyway this IPT is it 8 training sessions + 2 IPPT sessions ?

Calander

Reaction score
New IPPT starts on April?

Hmm...I took my IPPT some time back, it is under the old system. And I am currently under IPT.

So if I attend my last IPT session in April, which will be an IPPT test, I suppose I will take the new system?

Anyway this IPT is it 8 training sessions + 2 IPPT sessions ?

Ipt comprises of ten sessions, with first and last the ippt.

As long ippt is taken from apr, it is the new system.

allanyeow

Reaction score
please help

Hi everyone

My bday on 10 Jan and my window for year 2015 just opened. clean record for ippt since i ord dec 2009. So i want to ask for year 2015, i want to wait until apr onwards then i book ippt because i want to take the new system ippt.
if i fail this ippt then RT of 20 sessions will not be in this year right?will be in year 2016 and over 12 months? after this RT need to book ippt again? Or finish the RT consider clear?

What is the system for IPT now? is it 10 sessions over full year of 12 months? used to be 10 sessions over 9 months and RT of 8 sessions in last 3 months if didn't meet PPT.
So what is the system for IPT now?

IPT of 10 sessions in 2015 + RT of 8 sessions in 2016 is more worth or IPPT in 2015 + RT of 20 sessions in 2016 (if fail) ?

Thanks!

Calander

Reaction score
Hi everyone

My bday on 10 Jan and my window for year 2015 just opened. clean record for ippt since i ord dec 2009. So i want to ask for year 2015, i want to wait until apr onwards then i book ippt because i want to take the new system ippt.
if i fail this ippt then RT of 20 sessions will not be in this year right?will be in year 2016 and over 12 months? after this RT need to book ippt again? Or finish the RT consider clear?

What is the system for IPT now? is it 10 sessions over full year of 12 months? used to be 10 sessions over 9 months and RT of 8 sessions in last 3 months if didn't meet PPT.
So what is the system for IPT now?

IPT of 10 sessions in 2015 + RT of 8 sessions in 2016 is more worth or IPPT in 2015 + RT of 20 sessions in 2016 (if fail) ?

Thanks!

1. You can wait after Apr'15 to take your IPPT which is the new system.

2. If IPPT failed, 20 sessions of RT in 2016.

3. In RT itself, there will be stipulated RT-IPPT sessions in which if you met your PPT, you are cleared for that window.

4. Once you are in RT, you cannot book IPPT anymore, and have to wait till your stipulated RT-IPPT session.

5. IPPT, IPT and RT window is now 12 months.

6. With regards to your last para, there were some post that mentioned that even after completing 10 IPTs and failed to meet PPT, the next window will be 10 RTs.

But by reading up on the news, upon completing 10 IPTs, the next window will be another 10 IPTs if you cannot pass IPPT or meet PPT. This, will probably need to wait till Apr for the updates at NS portal.

RT is definitely not worth given that the nature of RT booking & attendance is quite restrictive.

Another good point about IPT from Apr onwards is that allowance will be given, similar to RT.

allanyeow

Reaction score
1. You can wait after Apr'15 to take your IPPT which is the new system.

2. If IPPT failed, 20 sessions of RT in 2016.

3. In RT itself, there will be stipulated RT-IPPT sessions in which if you met your PPT, you are cleared for that window.

4. Once you are in RT, you cannot book IPPT anymore, and have to wait till your stipulated RT-IPPT session.

5. IPPT, IPT and RT window is now 12 months.

6. With regards to your last para, there were some post that mentioned that even after completing 10 IPTs and failed to meet PPT, the next window will be 10 RTs.

But by reading up on the news, upon completing 10 IPTs, the next window will be another 10 IPTs if you cannot pass IPPT or meet PPT. This, will probably need to wait till Apr for the updates at NS portal.

RT is definitely not worth given that the nature of RT booking & attendance is quite restrictive.

Another good point about IPT from Apr onwards is that allowance will be given, similar to RT.

If by the RT-IPPT still can't IPPT, is it still consider clear for that window just like the old system?

So suppose if I complete 10 IPTs in 2015 and failed to meet PPT, it will be either 10 IPTs or 10 RTs in 2016? In this case it will be a 1 IPPT + 20 RT VS 10 IPT + 10 IPT/RT.But then again does it make sense if its 10 more IPTs in the next window because if one keeps going for IPT and not meeting PPTs, he will keep going for IPTs year after year and can rush through the 10 sessions? There don't seem to be much difference already? As in RT is normal booking? Is the nature different now?

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
If by the RT-IPPT still can't IPPT, is it still consider clear for that window just like the old system?

So suppose if I complete 10 IPTs in 2015 and failed to meet PPT, it will be either 10 IPTs or 10 RTs in 2016? In this case it will be a 1 IPPT + 20 RT VS 10 IPT + 10 IPT/RT.But then again does it make sense if its 10 more IPTs in the next window because if one keeps going for IPT and not meeting PPTs, he will keep going for IPTs year after year and can rush through the 10 sessions? There don't seem to be much difference already? As in RT is normal booking? Is the nature different now?

For point 3, the only difference is between the 9 & 12 months.

For the last para, as I had indicated, whether it will be 10 IPT + 10 RTs or just IPTs after IPTs, wait till Apr where confirmed information is released. Nevertheless, the nature between IPT and RT has already been addressed in my previous post.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.