NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiceGrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they take final semster into consideration (i.e internship grade) ?

I read that we only have to submit first 5semsters and the final to prove that we completed the diploma

intime

Reaction score

I read that we only have to submit first 5semsters and the final to prove that we completed the diploma

It depends on the university.
You will be given a deadline of when you are required to submit your final semester results.
And you may not receive a conditional offer in time before the deadline.
So hopefully your 5 semester results are good enough to make you their first choice. :D

jameskoay

Reaction score

i strongly believe that to be true. possibly due to the fact you can't have such a significant drop in GPA considering you did well for 5 semesters already. :)

only time you need 6th semester results is if you haven't already gotten an offer based on 5th semester results. good luck

RiceGrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It depends on the university.
You will be given a deadline of when you are required to submit your final semester results.
And you may not receive a conditional offer in time before the deadline.
So hopefully your 5 semester results are good enough to make you their first choice. :D

Hopefully it is, 3.72 applying for NTU mechanical engineering 3.5 cop

i strongly believe that to be true. possibly due to the fact you can't have such a significant drop in GPA considering you did well for 5 semesters already. :)

only time you need 6th semester results is if you haven't already gotten an offer based on 5th semester results. good luck
I can only hope that my CGPA is sufficient to get offer from NTU, no confidence for my intern Grade:s22:

thanks for the heads up guys, appreciate very much:D

bwatch

Reaction score

some of the poly the final sem they do is fyp plus a few modules and other poly might be doing internship only so it might not be a fair competition if they compare 6 sem result so the 6th sem result should be only take as a proof that u had completed ur poly study :)

jownsftw

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to try apply for biz analytics again this year. Hope I get in :'(

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thx for freeing up a spot at NTU :sad:

dunno y chiu so despo for ntu biz =(
gotch smu one liao ish notch bad

Got more options to take double major and more variety of subjects can take.

NBS biz only have a few specialization, harder to take second major too.

Last edited:

jameskoay

Reaction score
dunno y chiu so despo for ntu biz =(
gotch smu one liao ish notch bad

Got more options to take double major and more variety of subjects can take.

maybe SMU too much talking.. not his style :)

ChocolateCat

Reaction score
Wow so many familiar names here I saw during my application period! It sort of feels like I know everyone. :s13:

maybe SMU too much talking.. not his style :)

You're the one went NUS BizAd right ? How is it over there ? :)

thx for freeing up a spot at NTU :sad:

Still applying for NBS right ? Jia you!

Going to try apply for biz analytics again this year. Hope I get in :'(

You're the GPA 3.9X guy right. Shocking that you were rejected. Good Luck next year!!

Hi CK! Super long never talk to you! I think I lost your email address ><
How's life in NBS ? Which spec are you in ?

jameskoay

Reaction score
Wow so many familiar names here I saw during my application period! It sort of feels like I know everyone. :s13:

You're the one went NUS BizAd right ? How is it over there ? :)

haha hey.. yeah.. well one thing that i have to say about NUS Business now is that the added advantage of being able to S/U modules for both sem 1 and 2 as opposed to NTU and SMU: with conditions of course. It is definitely good for people who need to "wake up" and get accustomed to uni life. personally it is pretty much the same style as Singapore Poly... even the electives were called GEMS in my time haha... with the automatic exemptions we were given (20MC) we have more points to bid for electives over the JC friends. difficulty wise.. its almost the same as poly... just need to play the game smart and its not all about just mugging the material again and again haha.

The only thing that I miss about poly is the fixed class that we had. now in uni, we switch classes so often that most classmates are hi bye friends. only friends that stick are possibly orientation camps and CCAs.

so for prospective business students; consider this new S/U policy that NUS offers. It could very well save your "life". A bad start in uni CAP wise is hard to reverse.. every semester matters haha.

cheers!

Last edited:

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
haha hey.. yeah.. well one thing that i have to say about NUS Business now is that the added advantage of being able to S/U modules for both sem 1 and 2 as opposed to NTU and SMU: with conditions of course. It is definitely good for people who need to "wake up" and get accustomed to uni life. personally it is pretty much the same style as Singapore Poly... even the electives were called GEMS in my time haha... with the automatic exemptions we were given (20MC) we have more points to bid for electives over the JC friends. difficulty wise.. its almost the same as poly... just need to play the game smart and its not all about just mugging the material again and again haha.

The only thing that I miss about poly is the fixed class that we had. now in uni, we switch classes so often that most classmates are hi bye friends. only friends that stick are possibly orientation camps and CCAs.

so for prospective business students; consider this new S/U policy that NUS offers. It could very well save your "life". A bad start in uni CAP wise is hard to reverse.. every semester matters haha.

cheers!

factual error... in fact NTU has something similar if not better than the grade-less first sem in NUS.
also the students are only allowed to SU their first sem mods in NUS, those who are allowed to SU their 2nd sem are ppl from USP with special permission due to the nature of the mods that they are taking.

And general feedback from lecturer regarding the grade-less first sem in NUS is pretty negative. the avg marks has dropped by 10 pts among the freshies this yr(at least for my faculty). Many of these freshies will suffer in the upcoming semester with a shaky foundation.

Last edited:

jameskoay

Reaction score
factual error... in fact NTU has something similar if not better than the grade-less first sem in NUS.
also the students are only allowed to SU their first sem mods in NUS, those who are allowed to SU their 2nd sem are ppl from USP with special permission due to the nature of the mods that they are taking.

And general feedback from lecturer regarding the grade-less first sem in NUS is pretty negative. the avg marks has dropped by 10 pts among the freshies this yr(at least for my faculty). Many of these freshies will suffer in the upcoming semester with a shaky foundation.

Hi Mox, perhaps it wasn't clear that i was only refering to Business School with regards to the 1st sem/ 2nd sem usage of S/U. As I've mentioned, with certain conditions, a freshman in the business school (14/15 onwards) is allowed to carry forward up to a maximum of 8MC of S/U for the 2nd semester from the 1st semester.. if not all the 20MC is used up. This is on top of the floating 12MC that can be used throughout the student's uni life.

As far as I know, NTU's S/U policy is quite different... as they have to declare their S/U option before the release of examination results. I personally don't see the use in that. Comparing apple with apple, NTU's new S/U policy for Year 1's says that the S/U option is automatic and it is activated when a student fails a module? Does that mean only when a student gets an F grade will the S/U be activated? How is that beneficial in anyway? Meaning if a student gets a "D" grade... that module would still be computed in his GPA/CAP? I am not too certain; and even friends in the programme now are pretty blur about it. So what is this "better than NUS grade-less first sem" that you speak of? Please share if you have some lobang hahaha.

Well yeah i guess this grade-less initiative causes some students to slack and get poor results... no doubt about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.