Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is their airport a good place to buy SIM card (for data roaming), heat pad (dunno what's it called), souvenirs/packet foods? Will it have vast price difference compared to the streets?

During this winter time, will they also sell some summer wear (for Singapore type of weather)? Thinking of buying clothes for CNY, but slim hope right?

Note that they dont sell voice SIM card, only data SIM cards. u can buy those at the airport. Heat pads are called ka-i-ro(kairo), best bought at pharmacies. souvenirs: can buy at airport, but will have lots of crowd. You can buy some at JR Tokyo station. Not much price difference except the 8% tax. but u have to queue for at least 20-30 mins before u can pay...

I don`t think they sell summer wear now...

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey Can/Japan experts, have any of you travelled to Fukui before? Any affordable accommodation to recommend for 1 night in Fukui else pls advise if I should transfer to other cities for the night instead? Am thinking if I should travel all the way to Osaka/Kyoto after my concert at Sun dome fukui - aim to go down to himeji the next day if nothing to sightsee at fukui

Havent been there b4... you can try this one

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google map says they are only 1min apart(walking distance).

Im planing to go to Nabana no sato on early feb. I understand that there is this shuttle bus at nagashima (kintetsu ) station. However, I will be getting the JR pass. So is it possible to take train from Nagoya by JR kansai line instead to nagashima station (JR). And from there walk to nagashima (kintetsu) station?

Based on the map and my experience of the GREAT Google... the walk from JR Nagashima station to Kintetsu Nagashima station will take you at least 5 mins... (120m)

rarenick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note that they dont sell voice SIM card, only data SIM cards. u can buy those at the airport. Heat pads are called ka-i-ro(kairo), best bought at pharmacies. souvenirs: can buy at airport, but will have lots of crowd. You can buy some at JR Tokyo station. Not much price difference except the 8% tax. but u have to queue for at least 20-30 mins before u can pay...

I don`t think they sell summer wear now...

data sim is what size? Standard, micro, nano?

if i go to streets they will have voice & data sim?

get which type of sim better? I can also autoroam for voice call but only for emergencies and call home for short while maybe. (hotel room call cheaper?)

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Japan does not sell voice data sim.

All sizes are available for data sim i believe. If u need more info, feel free to join my sharing session happening next Sat evening...

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
data sim is what size? Standard, micro, nano?

if i go to streets they will have voice & data sim?

get which type of sim better? I can also autoroam for voice call but only for emergencies and call home for short while maybe. (hotel room call cheaper?)

Basically for non residents, visitors like us can only get the data sim, no voice. Their sim can come in the 3 sized like us here. If you want your voice and remain contactable, you can get the MIFI.

ilikehandphones

Reaction score
wanna ask some question about hokkaido..is it viable to cycle in winter?..i am looking to cycle around furano and biei..planned is go on february...but heard that if the snow too brutal road/park might be close...would november be a better time?

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
wanna ask some question about hokkaido..is it viable to cycle in winter?..i am looking to cycle around furano and biei..planned is go on february...but heard that if the snow too brutal road/park might be close...would november be a better time?

It will still be cold and road will be very slippery and the best rainy. best time to cycle will sep / oct period

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cycling in winter even without snow is brutal because of the cold. Cycling on snow and ice can easily be considered as an extreme sport.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cycling in winter even without snow is brutal because of the cold. Cycling on snow and ice can easily be considered as an extreme sport.

I just did my cycling in Nara park. Not too bad. Maybe that day the temperature is not too low:)

august77

Reaction score
I am planning to make a trip to Osaka and Tokyo at the end of the year.. from 24th Nov to 3rd Dec.. Osaka 24th Nov to 27th Nov and Tokyo 28th to 3rd.

When i checked the hotels availability, some of my hotel choices are not available. Issit still too early to check for availability or are the rooms completely booked out for Nov and Dec?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am planning to make a trip to Osaka and Tokyo at the end of the year.. from 24th Nov to 3rd Dec.. Osaka 24th Nov to 27th Nov and Tokyo 28th to 3rd.

When i checked the hotels availability, some of my hotel choices are not available. Issit still too early to check for availability or are the rooms completely booked out for Nov and Dec?

too early.
a lot of hotels are only available for booking 3-6mth before the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.