Alternative for VLC Player

FLiNcHY

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone wanna use my iPad back up? It has vlc player on it haha

After getting iPad Air 2, I just restored the backup and vlc was back on the new ipad

Vlc seems to be the only player that I can stream my synology blu Ray remux and mkvs with. All other players damn fail

Last edited:

masotime

Master Member
Reaction score
Honestly if your main use case for a tablet is playing videos of different codecs, you're much better off with an Android tablet. It's not just the software, the form factor (16:9 display, which is most movies) is better.

If you also want to do writing / sketching. Then look for a Note tab or a Surface Pro.

Otherwise in pretty much all other aspects (tablet app ecosystem, reading / web browsing form factor / iOS interoperability) an iPad is decidedly a better tablet.

Reignxy

Reaction score
PlayerXtreme can play almost all the format. You can unlock the pro version by just giving them a review.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.