NTU/NUS/SMU 2015-2016 Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmeng3395

Reaction score
If I am not wrong, you got the UPP English from TP. As of now, I don't think there is any singapore university recognising the Eng Cert automatically.

SUTD and SIT does not put any O Level English requirement for poly graduates. Whether SUTD and SIT consider O Level results for 20% is also not known. There is also no QET or similar test required for poly graduates.

The only public information is SUTD and SIT evaluates candidates holistically in a number of factors.
I don't think you need to worry about your O Level English when applying for the newer universities. :s22:

Thank you! Btw, as you mentioned earlier about waiting list for entering NTU, if I got certificates based on IT skills, will I get a bonus like I won't be in the waiting list?

intime

Reaction score
Thank you! Btw, as you mentioned earlier about waiting list for entering NTU, if I got certificates based on IT skills, will I get a bonus like I won't be in the waiting list?

Those industry certificates may work in the situations where the universities are deciding who to offer for the remaining few places.
I suggest you scan those certificates together with your poly transcripts, O Level certs and upload into the NTU system. If I am not wrong, they only allow 1 file upload.

BUT, you may also not be allowed to upload any documents, because NTU may get your results directly from your Poly and MOE. Then you may need to send in your industry certificates through email.
- There can also be a situation where they will reject your industry certifications outright by emailing back to you, stating that the entry requirements does not include those certifications.

Because of your somewhat near IGP 10th percentile GPA, just be prepared to wait for a long time before receiving a decision. :s22:

If you have special accomplishments, you may consider applying for discretionary admission, :D
http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/oad2/website_files/NAA.pdf

bwatch

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. But I still stand a chance when applying the above 3 courses in the coming February right? Btw, is it that each course I will be applying will be $10 then that means if I apply 3 courses then it will be $30? In addition, what are the supporting documents that need to be submitted for the application? Thanks!
it is each sch 6 choice for 10dollar
u can try might have chance bro.
btw do u have other achievement like NYAA gold or cca gold?

Last edited:

jimmeng3395

Reaction score
it is each sch 6 choice for 10dollar
u can try might have chance bro.
btw do u have other achievement like NYAA gold or cca gold?

Thanks. Sorry, I don't have NYAA gold or cca gold but I have some IT skills certificates which I learnt outside that school didn't teach before. I have also joined some competition but didn't get into finals.

Last edited:

jimmeng3395

Reaction score
Those industry certificates may work in the situations where the universities are deciding who to offer for the remaining few places.
I suggest you scan those certificates together with your poly transcripts, O Level certs and upload into the NTU system. If I am not wrong, they only allow 1 file upload.

BUT, you may also not be allowed to upload any documents, because NTU may get your results directly from your Poly and MOE. Then you may need to send in your industry certificates through email.
- There can also be a situation where they will reject your industry certifications outright by emailing back to you, stating that the entry requirements does not include those certifications.

Because of your somewhat near IGP 10th percentile GPA, just be prepared to wait for a long time before receiving a decision. :s22:

If you have special accomplishments, you may consider applying for discretionary admission, :D

Thanks man!

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
guys... please take note of application dates ok

A Levels - Day of A-level result release - 1 Apr 2015

Poly Dip - 1 Feb 2015 - 22 Feb 2015

darthllord

Reaction score
What are my chances ?

CGPA (5 Sem): 3.85
O levels :10 (after 2 deuction)
Doing Computer Engineering at Ngee Ann

Trying for NUS Com Engineering

Thanks

agent_719

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 more weeks to application window for 2015 . all the best to all applicants :)

me gonna apply ntu , giving up my nus bizard

bangzzzz

Reaction score
I wanna apply all accountancy courses in all 3 local unis. Hopefully can get one of them 🙏

BAYBENKIT

Reaction score
Public Policy & Global affairs

Hey people, my post is more specific for people who have applied to Public policy and global affairs under the early admission windows.

I have gotten myself a place at NTU public policy and global affairs a week ago.

Shortly after, I received a call from school of humanities this afternoon with regards to my scholarship interview for public policy & global affairs.

Just wondering ... anyone had the same encounter as me?

Wishing all 2015 applicants the best of luck !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.