Hotel Recommendations

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

yup :) Normally wont fly SQ unless their bangkok have 187 to 217 promo.
which happens very frequently last year.
they have a 187 for minimum 3 to go promo last year to Bangkok :)

nlee84

Reaction score
Anyone stayed in Fraser Place Central Seoul before?

Ibis ambassador seoul myeong dong is the ibis myeong dong you guys are referring to?

Am looking for a hotel which is nearby subway so I no need lug luggage very far... and also with airport bus to Incheon.

Area doesn't really matters to me. Budget $150 per night

Last edited:

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone stayed in Fraser Place Central Seoul before?

Ibis ambassador seoul myeong dong is the ibis myeong dong you guys are referring to?

Am looking for a hotel which is nearby subway so I no need lug luggage very far... and also with airport bus to Incheon.

Area doesn't really matters to me. Budget $150 per night

Your budget very high :) Sure can stay many hotels.
Can stay around seoul station.
They have a direct train to incheon airport.

Have booked newly opened 4 stars skypark dongdamum @ 75sgd per nite that time. But have seen best western premier gangnam at lower price, so faster book that, and then change my booking to best western premier gangnam ...

We took train to gimpo airport, then change to another line to incheon airport. Because our flight was at 2am, so we have to take train abt 1hr plus, instead of taking a cab which was abt 65 to 80sgd ...

nlee84

Reaction score
Your budget very high :) Sure can stay many hotels.
Can stay around seoul station.
They have a direct train to incheon airport.

Have booked newly opened 4 stars skypark dongdamum @ 75sgd per nite that time. But have seen best western premier gangnam at lower price, so faster book that, and then change my booking to best western premier gangnam ...

We took train to gimpo airport, then change to another line to incheon airport. Because our flight was at 2am, so we have to take train abt 1hr plus, instead of taking a cab which was abt 65 to 80sgd ...

the thing is... alot of hotels are fully booked.. :( :(

9N1Y9N1Y

Reaction score
planning trip in may where should i aim if i'm more into those convenient near their night market places and near train stations budget +-$120

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning trip in may where should i aim if i'm more into those convenient near their night market places and near train stations budget +-$120

120 sgd not bad ... think can stay 4 stars hotel liao ...
can stay myeondong if you are a gal who loves to buy cosmetic ...
If you like going supermarket, lotte mart, can stay near seoul station.
there is a train from seoul station to incheon airport :)

nlee84

Reaction score
120 sgd not bad ... think can stay 4 stars hotel liao ...
can stay myeondong if you are a gal who loves to buy cosmetic ...
If you like going supermarket, lotte mart, can stay near seoul station.
there is a train from seoul station to incheon airport :)

if u have a lot of luggage, suggest you take the airport limo bus instead... no need lug bags and walk the long stretch from arex station to airport.

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u have a lot of luggage, suggest you take the airport limo bus instead... no need lug bags and walk the long stretch from arex station to airport.

I staying at gangnam hotel area , then we took a train from sinno station to seoul station. About 1hr plus journey....

Then we alighted, the airport area that was near the train was closed.
We walked about 10min to reach to the main airport building.
We then went to the tax refund counter, and then the staff told us to drop our form with our address etc into the box after immigration, as their counter was closed .

Windowlover

Reaction score
Visiting Seoul in Oct 15, now seaching for hotel near subway @ Myeondong.. any recommendation budget $150. Like most hotel have no promotion going on... Plan option Nine Tree and Ibis Myeongdong , any other opinion ?:s22:

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can try Metro hotel.
Nice hotel and just renovated last year.
They provide free breakfast too.

The business rooms are small but quiet.
Stayed there a few times and really like it.
Close to euljiro1 subway station at myeongdong

xiax111

Reaction score
I have 3 hotels in mind:

1. Ekonomy Hotel Myeongdong Premier/Central
2. Savoy Hotel
3. Hotel Skypark Myeongdong I / II / III / Central

Anyone stayed in any one of the hotels listed above in Myeongdong area before and care to share your experience?

Going to stay for 16 nights

Last edited:

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls use this thread for hotels in Korea so it will be easier to search.

Thanks!

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would strongly recommend Airbnb if you are comfortable without breakfast/swimming pool/gym.

I stayed in Sinsa (Gangnam) and Jongno area. The apartments all clean and nice. I have positive experiences so far. :)

happym3i

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I would strongly recommend Airbnb if you are comfortable without breakfast/swimming pool/gym.

I stayed in Sinsa (Gangnam) and Jongno area. The apartments all clean and nice. I have positive experiences so far. :)
any particular apartments that u would recommend? I need one that can cater to 3 pax..

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stayed at best western gangnam before.
because that time the price was super low lol.
is a 4 to 5 stars hotel
however, when we landed there by scoot at 10+ pm, there werent any train to there. hence we have to take kr limousine , 16sgd per person one way, to some hotel, then took a cab about 7sgd to reach the hotel.

the hotel room was 24m2, have a bath tub.
bed was super small, thoguht is double.
walking to train station was 10 min walk down the slope.
hence when you shop finish , when want to go back hotel, you need climb the uphill which is about 6 storey so high lol ...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.