Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

audlim

Reaction score
30th jan: - reach narita terminal 1 at 740am
- buy narita express to shinjuku, take metro line to shinjuku Gyogenmae station (citesdine shinjuku)
- activate 7 day JR. Pass to be used on 1st feb to Takayama.
- go harajuku ( lunch +shop around )
- to meiji shrine
- go to shibuya mark city for dinner
- shop around shibuya
- back to hotel

31th jan: - take early train in morning to Tsukiji market for sushi + walk around
- go to odaiba
- back to shinjuku for dinner and shop around
- back to hotel

1st feb: -reach Takayama at 1050am
- drop luggage at best western Takayama.
- go to old town+eat
- back to JR. Station by 15:40 to go for the light up your at shirakawago.
- eat and back to hotel.

2nd feb: - check out best western Takayama( store luggage at the lockers at nouhi bus terminal for a night )
- take nouhi bus bound for shin-hotaka and check in at shinsanzou.
- take nouhi bus to shin hotaka for the ropeway and to the observation point ( if it's poor visibility according to the website, then will go to visit shirakawago, and have lunch there.)

- Around 15:55 take nouhi bus to shin hirayu taruma winter water fall light up.
- at 18:45 take nouhi bus back to shinsanzou for dinner.
- at 20:00, will drive us to visit the nakao igloo festival
- back to shinsanzou at 21:00

3rd feb: depending on the places visited on 2nd feb, will either left Takayama to Osaka via Shinkansen in the early morning or late noon.
- check in monterey hotel osaka
- shop around dotonbori + dinner
4th feb: - osaka
5th feb: -kyoto
- nabana no sato
6th feb: - kyoto
7th feb: osaka
Back to SG

Kindly advise if my itinerary is feasible..
And, may I check, can the luggage lockers at Takayama JR station can fit in a 29inch luggage? Or is it possible to store it at nouhi bus terminal (customer service counter)?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
30th jan: - reach narita terminal 1 at 740am
- buy narita express to shinjuku, take metro line to shinjuku Gyogenmae station (citesdine shinjuku)
- activate 7 day JR. Pass to be used on 1st feb to Takayama.
- go harajuku ( lunch +shop around )
- to meiji shrine
- go to shibuya mark city for dinner
- shop around shibuya
- back to hotel

You can activate your JR pass at the airport. No need to wait until u reach Shinjuku...
Day 1 itinerary looks ok.

31th jan: - take early train in morning to Tsukiji market for sushi + walk around
- go to odaiba
- back to shinjuku for dinner and shop around
- back to hotel

OK...

1st feb: -reach Takayama at 1050am
- drop luggage at best western Takayama.
- go to old town+eat
- back to JR. Station by 15:40 to go for the light up your at shirakawago.
- eat and back to hotel.

How are you heading from Tokyo to Takayama? U wanna wake up at 430am?

woIdJ0.png

2nd feb: - check out best western Takayama( store luggage at the lockers at nouhi bus terminal for a night )
- take nouhi bus bound for shin-hotaka and check in at shinsanzou.
- take nouhi bus to shin hotaka for the ropeway and to the observation point ( if it's poor visibility according to the website, then will go to visit shirakawago, and have lunch there.)

- Around 15:55 take nouhi bus to shin hirayu taruma winter water fall light up.
- at 18:45 take nouhi bus back to shinsanzou for dinner.
- at 20:00, will drive us to visit the nakao igloo festival
- back to shinsanzou at 21:00

If visibility is bad, it will take u at least 2 hours to reach Shirakawago from Shin-hotaka.
Pls try to plan carefully this day. Gifu buses are not so many... maybe 1 per hour only.

3rd feb: depending on the places visited on 2nd feb, will either left Takayama to Osaka via Shinkansen in the early morning or late noon.
- check in monterey hotel osaka
- shop around dotonbori + dinner

seems ok.... It will take u bout 3.5hrs to reach Osaka..

9JUc5d.png

4th feb: - osaka
5th feb: -kyoto
- nabana no sato
6th feb: - kyoto
7th feb: osaka
Back to SG

Kindly advise if my itinerary is feasible..
And, may I check, can the luggage lockers at Takayama JR station can fit in a 29inch luggage? Or is it possible to store it at nouhi bus terminal (customer service counter)?[/QUOTE]

Cannot fit i think... Not possible to store in Nohi Bus terminal.

better to get a data card in case u get lost...

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
Sat might have a bit of crowd... y u dun take Hibiya line?

Hibiya is going to be less crowded than JR Joban line?
Reason why I'm taking Joban line is because I would be on JR Pass coverage on that day. Am supposedly taking Shinkansen from Ueno to Aomori.

jalanbesi

Reaction score
Hi fellows hwzoners, just got info that i'll be going to Tokyo for company meeting from 12-15 Feb. According to itinerary, we'll be staying at tokyodome hotel.

Well, honestly i'm kinda blind about tokyo and wanna ask fellow forumers on tips & hints. Well, most of the times will be spent on office activities, although night time seems to be free.

Been browsing around, but still out of blue. Please kindly advise for night activities or shopping nearby tokyodome area. Is there any 24hrs donki near tokyodome?

FYI, i'm into anime, computer stuffs & electronic.

Thank you in advance.

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, in my tentative plan, I will have 3.5 days in tokyo.
Was thinking buying the Fuji Hakone Pass to visit fuji (just want to sightsee), fuji kyu (can dont go but if getting pass then go lor) and hakone (main aim is to take the ropeway). As only one round trip can be made within 3 days, do you have any recommendation for affordable accommodation?
Else based on what I wish to do, do you have better travel options so that I can just based in Tokyo?

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, in my tentative plan, I will have 3.5 days in tokyo.
Was thinking buying the Fuji Hakone Pass to visit fuji (just want to sightsee), fuji kyu (can dont go but if getting pass then go lor) and hakone (main aim is to take the ropeway). As only one round trip can be made within 3 days, do you have any recommendation for affordable accommodation?
Else based on what I wish to do, do you have better travel options so that I can just based in Tokyo?
u can try to go Nikko...

Accomodation for which area?

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
demitri!!! i got question for you da kor kor.

im wondering have you tried Arima Onsen Resort Japanese Ryokan Taketoritei Maruyama day trip?

worth a try??

hoshiyume

Master Member
Reaction score
u can try to go Nikko...

Accomodation for which area?

Hakone or fuji area if getting hakone fuji pass.

Go nikko need to use any pass or cheap enough not to?
Still in the midst of planning for the 2nd half of my trip with the main aim of attending concert

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hakone or fuji area if getting hakone fuji pass.

Go nikko need to use any pass or cheap enough not to?
Still in the midst of planning for the 2nd half of my trip with the main aim of attending concert
Nikko is about 2670 yen for 2 days, 1 night.
You can only take 1 return trip from Asakusa to Nikko.
(i.e cannot go there on 2 separate days)

Refer to here.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3800.html

bigrockshow

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like its getting warm but still below 20 degrees.

Thanks for the prompt response bro dimitri_can

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Devil7

Reaction score
Hi, I am planning a 5d4n trip to Japan. My first time there. I am looking at going maybe 2 days in tokyo and maybe 1 or 2 nights at hakone plus maybe 1 or 2 days kyoto? Will my schedule be very rush?

I have not really plan the exact itinerary yet but work out a few places I may want to visit like the tsukiji fish mkt for tuna auction, ryoken at hakone to experience traditional japan with onsen and if time permit, maybe travel for tour around Mt fuji. Oh.I also want to try out the bullet train! Haven't really research on kyoto. Or should I just focus on tokyo and hakone only?

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am planning a 5d4n trip to Japan. My first time there. I am looking at going maybe 2 days in tokyo and maybe 1 or 2 nights at hakone plus maybe 1 or 2 days kyoto? Will my schedule be very rush?

I have not really plan the exact itinerary yet but work out a few places I may want to visit like the tsukiji fish mkt for tuna auction, ryoken at hakone to experience traditional japan with onsen and if time permit, maybe travel for tour around Mt fuji. Oh.I also want to try out the bullet train! Haven't really research on kyoto. Or should I just focus on tokyo and hakone only?

Too rush for Kyoto. Rush for Tokyo/Hakone. Kyoto better next time. There are short distance Shinkansen rides around Tokyo. So no need to travel to Kyoto just to experience Shinkansen, if that's part of your plan

Use this to help you plan:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3051.html

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

too rush already. 5d4n is just right for Tokyo, and if u really want, can squeeze in Hakone. very expensive and time consuming to travel to Kyoto just for that 2 days coz there is a lot more to see in that region. do consider the travelling time needed when planning ur itinerary

Devil7

Reaction score
Hi cpuer and evilerniex,thanks so much for the info. So let's say if I were to drop kyoto, will it be feasible to just go maybe 4 days in tokyo and overnight stay at hakone? Or should I just make a day trip to hakone for the fuji tour? If this is still too rush,I will just stick to Tokyo. I have not really plan where to go in tokyo yet. In your opinion,where is the must go place?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi cpuer and evilerniex,thanks so much for the info. So let's say if I were to drop kyoto, will it be feasible to just go maybe 4 days in tokyo and overnight stay at hakone? Or should I just make a day trip to hakone for the fuji tour? If this is still too rush,I will just stick to Tokyo. I have not really plan where to go in tokyo yet. In your opinion,where is the must go place?

if u are going to Hakone, it is best to stay a night to enjoy the onsen and have more time to explore the place.

wat time does ur flight land on the first day and wat time u departing? coz minus the first and last day, u only have 3 full days in japan, which is going to be very rush. not able to extend ur trip longer?

most go places really depend on wat u like to see. u can refer to the japan-guide link that cpuer shared to have an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.