Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil7

Reaction score
Evilerniex, I have not booked the flight yet because we just decided on a 5d4n trip after catering for everyone's schedule. Not possible to extend further because we are flying out to US after that. But we will be booking the flight tix soon (waiting for Feb promo maybe. Prices seem to be quite high now without much promo). Looking at the flight timing currently, there's a flight by Ana that can reach tokyo at around 8am+ in the morning. Departure timing depends on which flight we choose. I am looking at 5pm+ or 7pm+ to maximise my stay in jp possibly.

I look up online for hakone free pass. Let's say I draft my itinerary this way:

Day 1 - go straight to hakone and take the romance train. Use the free hakone pass to do the loop trip around hakone (I wonder is there anyway to transport the luggage to the ryoken first) Stay overnight at hakone ryoken (would really like to experience the overnight stay with plus the onsen and yukata experience)

Day 2 - go fuji 5 lake to view Mt fuji (not sure how much time needed here. Leave for tokyo after that?

Day 3-5 - see see walk walk around tokyo and depart for US around late noon or evening time (probably got 2.5 days here?)

Does the plan above sounds ok? Sorry for asking so many noob qs..

Last edited:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks good. if dun have time then dun go to Fuji five lakes. coz Hakone can see Mt Fuji already

Devil7

Reaction score
Ok. Maybe I play by ear on the fuji five lake because I just realised I may not get to see mt fuji in June. Apparently that is the month with lowest visibility. Sigh... if not I can just explore around hakone on 2nd day and proceed straight to Tokyo after I check out of ryoken.

On a side note, do u know how do I deal with the luggage situation assuming I were to reach early in the morning and I can't check in to my ryoken Inn yet? I certainly wouldn't want to carry my luggage around during the hakone free pass tour. Haha...

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok. Maybe I play by ear on the fuji five lake because I just realised I may not get to see mt fuji in June. Apparently that is the month with lowest visibility. Sigh... if not I can just explore around hakone on 2nd day and proceed straight to Tokyo after I check out of ryoken.

On a side note, do u know how do I deal with the luggage situation assuming I were to reach early in the morning and I can't check in to my ryoken Inn yet? I certainly wouldn't want to carry my luggage around during the hakone free pass tour. Haha...

ur ryokan shld be able to store ur luggage for u

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

stay in a ryokan near the train station, preferably hakone-yumoto. otherwise if don't want to waste time going to your ryokan, leave in locker first also can.

Devil7

Reaction score
Hi saffronsatire, thanks for the suggested ryoken. I will look into that. But if I opt for the locker, where is that located and how much is the fee? The locker is good for full size luggage?

Btw,anyone here knows how long it takes to complete the entire hakone free pass loop?

Last edited:

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
Rgding the Hakone Free Pass, is it better to buy at Shinjuku Station to travel to Hakone?

Cos I am keep seeing abt the Romance train, but am unsure if this train can be taken with the Hakone Free pass.

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Need some advise.

I'll be flying into KIX during CNY week and will staying in Osaka 1 night then heading to Hiroshima for 3 nights then to Kyoto 3 nights then back to Osaka 1 night.

Any special tickets I should buy for the shinkansen like JR Pass or some special pass for the trip between Osaka - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Osaka? Or I just go and buy regular shinkansen ticket. I checked hyperdia and SHIN-OSAKA to HIROSHIMA one way is about JPY10.4k

I do have an ICOCA IC Card as well. I'm familiar with Osaka but not Hiroshima/Kyoto or Shinkansen (never rode it before). Is it similar to the China High Speed Rail?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rgding the Hakone Free Pass, is it better to buy at Shinjuku Station to travel to Hakone?

Cos I am keep seeing abt the Romance train, but am unsure if this train can be taken with the Hakone Free pass.

If buy from Shinjuku, is more ex bcos it includes the Romance train ride from Shinjuku to Hakone Yumoto.

However, if you got JR pass, take Shinkansen to Odawara then buy the Hakone Free Pass there, cheaper.

Hi saffronsatire, thanks for the suggested ryoken. I will look into that. But if I opt for the locker, where is that located and how much is the fee? The locker is good for full size luggage?

Btw,anyone here knows how long it takes to complete the entire hakone free pass loop?

Hopefully, your luggage is not too big, the mid and large sized lockers not so many (click on 7, 21, 30, 31). Else, there is a Hakone Baggage Service (click on 8) and Baggage storage desk (click on 10).

If you're just doing the loop and don't deviate to other attractions in the same area, <5-6 hrs including lunch should be sufficient.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need some advise.

I'll be flying into KIX during CNY week and will staying in Osaka 1 night then heading to Hiroshima for 3 nights then to Kyoto 3 nights then back to Osaka 1 night.

Any special tickets I should buy for the shinkansen like JR Pass or some special pass for the trip between Osaka - Hiroshima - Kyoto - Osaka? Or I just go and buy regular shinkansen ticket. I checked hyperdia and SHIN-OSAKA to HIROSHIMA one way is about JPY10.4k

I do have an ICOCA IC Card as well. I'm familiar with Osaka but not Hiroshima/Kyoto or Shinkansen (never rode it before). Is it similar to the China High Speed Rail?

unfortunately u are too early for the new JR Kansai Hiroshima pass which starts in 1 March 2015:
JR West Rail Pass - Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass

the old JR West Sanyo area pass is still available till 28 Feb 2015. more expensive though
JR West Rail Pass - Sanyo Area

marcho21

Master Member
Reaction score
If buy from Shinjuku, is more ex bcos it includes the Romance train ride from Shinjuku to Hakone Yumoto.

However, if you got JR pass, take Shinkansen to Odawara then buy the Hakone Free Pass there, cheaper.

Hopefully, your luggage is not too big, the mid and large sized lockers not so many (click on 7, 21, 30, 31). Else, there is a Hakone Baggage Service (click on 8) and Baggage storage desk (click on 10).

If you're just doing the loop and don't deviate to other attractions in the same area, <5-6 hrs including lunch should be sufficient.

Won't be traveling out of Tokyo, so wun buy JR Pass.

joeson

Reaction score
Daiwa Roynet Tokyo Akabane

Dear all,

need some advise here. I booked a double room at Daiwa roynet Tokyo Akabane through agoda.com since it was on offer ($108/room/night, considered cheap right?).

when i saw the booking form, it shows max occupancy one pax. The website also shows max 1 person occupancy in the room, but when i see the specifications, it shows that it has quite a large bed and the room size is bigger than the normal 12/13 m2. So, can the double room accommodate 2 people?? :s22:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

need some advise here. I booked a double room at Daiwa roynet Tokyo Akabane through agoda.com since it was on offer ($108/room/night, considered cheap right?).

when i saw the booking form, it shows max occupancy one pax. The website also shows max 1 person occupancy in the room, but when i see the specifications, it shows that it has quite a large bed and the room size is bigger than the normal 12/13 m2. So, can the double room accommodate 2 people?? :s22:

did u book it as a 1 person room or a 2 person room?
it could be the same room, but the price will be different for 1 person and 2 person.
if u book it as 1 person room, unfortunately u can only have 1 person. dun try to smuggle in a 2nd person coz japan is quite strict about this.

joeson

Reaction score
it could be the same room, but the price will be different for 1 person and 2 person.
if u book it as 1 person room, unfortunately u can only have 1 person. dun try to smuggle in a 2nd person coz japan is quite strict about this.

ohh, i booked it as a 1 person room. opps. cannot smuggle my friend into the room. :x

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

any got try swapping rooms among themselves?

e.g. reservation for 2 rooms, bigger (1 pax) and smaller (2 pax). the bigger room is also sold at a higher price for 2 pax.

Devil7

Reaction score

Saffronsatire, do i need to buy the JR pass for my itinerary (Tokyo & 1 night Hakone)? A bit confused by so many train system. If i do not need the JR pass, where should i buy the hakone free pass from? And If i want to take the romance train, i just buy from Shinjuku direct as u suggested?

Regarding the luggage situation, i should be bringing the big luggage (i think 30 inch) because i still need to continue my trip to US after that. The numbers in bracket above what am i supposed to click on? Or did i miss out something? :s11:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.