All Latest Brokerages Sign Up Promotions; Rewards; Additional Offers.

simon_84

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh thanka,
Heng u give me the link
My broker no tell me must 900 shares or less then got the rebate, almost tio smoke

what kind of ocbc TR have you guys been having ?
you do know that you have the right to change your broker if he doesn't give you any updates...:s8:

i hardly trade much nowadays but my TR still bothers to keep me updated.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
sgu_mainbanBLotJan2015.gif

Terms and Conditions
1.Only valid for online trades done for SGX.
2.Trades done between 22 Jan 2015 and 27 Feb 2015, both dates inclusive
3.Applicable for purchase or sale of less than 1000 shares and contract value less than or equal to S$3500 to enjoy the promotion
4.Contract value refers to amalgamated amount. All buy/sell trades of the same stock fulfilled on the same day will be amalgamated into one contract
5.Odd-lot contracts are not included in this promotion
6.Rebates will be credited into the respective trading accounts by 30 April 2015
7.UOB Kay Hian reserves the right to substitute or change the promotion, amend any terms and conditions without prior notification.

Where a dispute involving the interpretation of terms and conditions arises, UOB Kay Hian reserves the right to have the final say. - See more at: UTRADE brought to you by UOB Kay Hian

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Up thread to let newbies know of the good deals happening now.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Up thread to let newbies know of the good deals happening now.

First time I see so many brokerage coming out with cny promotions, probably feeling the heat from standchart :s13:

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
First time I see so many brokerage coming out with cny promotions, probably feeling the heat from standchart :s13:

yeah, more and more competition liao

bad for brokerage house but good for consumers

cheers

(wishing and praying for min comm to fall to $10 some day)

felixleong

Banned
Reaction score
jsYUL12.jpg

Enjoy a flat commission rate of S$9.88 for online SGX trades less than 1000 shares and contract value less than or equal to S$3,888 from 21 January 2015 to 27 February 2015.

Thanks for the head up, will update the new share board lot lor post

yes, for share less than 1000, this is confirmed the cheapest le :D

power la~

save $$$

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yeah, more and more competition liao

bad for brokerage house but good for consumers

cheers

(wishing and praying for min comm to fall to $10 some day)

I'm sure all local brokerages firms will be watching this thread closely too so if anyone know of any attractive promotion offer by your brokerages, please sic here haha so that we can tell our broker to get their firms to match or better the ofter :D

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jsYUL12.jpg

Enjoy a flat commission rate of S$9.88 for online SGX trades less than 1000 shares and contract value less than or equal to S$3,888 from 21 January 2015 to 27 February 2015.

oh my dog :eek:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm sure all local brokerages firms will be watching this thread closely too so if anyone know of any attractive promotion offer by your brokerages, please sic here haha so that we can tell our broker to get their firms to match or better the ofter :D

Thanks sinkie, already mail in the application form for Cimb.

wealthybunny

Reaction score
jsYUL12.jpg

hi... i try buying 900 units..but comm is still at the OLD $25...
why idea why?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi... i try buying 900 units..but comm is still at the OLD $25...
why idea why?

i guess because it will be a rebate type of system? u pay $25 first, then they will rebate u $15.12??

wwf

Master Member
Reaction score
i guess because it will be a rebate type of system? u pay $25 first, then they will rebate u $15.12??

i also buy see charge at $25.
Think will rebate later but maybe write in to enquiry better.

If they forget rebate $$$ gone...

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
normally they will rebate after promo ends
put into trust or something

better check with your broker

usually at the end of the promotional period, they will run a report then rebate the difference into those accounts trust one.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SINGAPORE: With Singapore Exchange (SGX) cutting the size of board lots, some broking firms are giving discounts on commission fees for investors trading in fewer than 1,000 shares. Industry watchers have said commission fees should be adjusted beyond the promotional period, but broking firms said this will squeeze their margins.

Broking house Phillip Securities is charging its clients lower commission for online trades, from Jan 19 to Feb 27. This applies to orders of fewer than 1,000 shares and less than S$3,500.

It is among several other firms running promotions, ranging from a 30 per cent rebate off brokerage commission charge or the minimum brokerage commission fee with OCBC Securities, to three free trades with Maybank Kim Eng. As part of its promotions, DBS Vickers has lowered the minimum commission it charges to S$9.88, while over at Lim & Tan, the minimum has been reduced to S$10.

The broking houses are hoping to attract new clients, after SGX reduced the board lot size, from 1,000 shares to 100.

Industry observers said long-term fee adjustments should be considered.

Typically, the minimum commission charged by most broking houses in Singapore is S$25 for online trades and S$40 for offline. Now that the board lot size has been reduced, industry watchers said trading fees too should be adjusted to encourage retail investors to tap new investment opportunities with smaller lots.

Mr Jimmy Ho, president of the Society of Remisiers (Singapore), said: "My view is to go have two tiers with S$2,000 transaction value as a marker. For offline to be reduced, if below S$2,000, to S$20, and for online, S$15. Given the correct pricing structure with no harm on both ends, this initiative can take off."

However, Phillip Securities said that even though the transaction value may be lower, its fixed cost remains unchanged. For example, SGX charges 35 cents per trade, regardless of the value of the trade.

Mr Loh Hoon Sun, managing director of Phillip Securities, said: "For a broking firm to process a trade, from getting the order, to the dealer keying in and buying the stock for you, getting out the contract, getting payment from the client, getting the shares into their CDP account - it is a long process to get the trade done.

“And whether that trade is S$1,000, S$50,000 or S$100,000, it is the same. So there is a fixed cost for doing business or for executing a trade. So we really cannot bring the minimum too low, that it will not cover our cost."

The change in board lot size has just kicked in, and industry watchers said that so far, there has not been a significant increase in new account openings.

Some said more can be done to draw retail investors to the market. Mr David Gerald, president and CEO of Securities Investors Association (Singapore), said: "Brokers and traders need to consider seriously whether they are going to reduce their broking fee for small board lots, encourage their clients to invest more, bring in new clients - they are in a good position to do that.

‘They can also provide professional advisory services, help them to understand the stocks and companies … give them research reports in a very simple way and hold their hand. The small investors need to be assisted that way. And I think that way, they will have confidence and more will come into the market."

SGX said retail participation is now about a third of market volume, down from a high of 45 per cent in 2013.

- CNA/ms

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/business/singapore/reduced-board-lot-size/1609046.html

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.