Travelling Batam Indonesia

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
[Review]

Overall: Highly recommended

Description
I have engaged daydreaming tour service for my department with a total pax of 7 for a 1 day batam trip on 23 Dec. You will have to purchase your ferry tickets online and forward the details to daydreaming. Uncle Piao will be at the ferry waiting for you.

We went:
• Go Kart / Paint ball
• Ralph Lauren Polo / Diana Kueh Lapis
• Massage
• Nagoya Hills Shopping Centre

PRO:

- Most of our communications were done through LINE and daydreaming always replied very promptly.

- Uncle Piao (Daydreaming’s dad) is a very friendly fatherly uncle. He mainly speaks mandarin. No communication barrier. He even provides us with an Indonesian phone for us to contact him once we have finished our shopping

- Uncle Piao’s car is an SUV which can comfortably sits 7 people.

- Massage at Indo – Thai which offers a superb massage services. Typical damage for 2 hr massage: RP320,000

- Uncle Piao brought us to a local koptiam for our lunch. The kopitiam was superb and serves many indo and chinese food at a very cheap price. Localised price.

CON:

- We didn’t manage to play go kart / paint ball due to bad weather. Will definitely engage Uncle Piao for my next batam trip!!

Thanks for the update Bro!!

daydreaming

Reaction score
Hi TS, just check if we plan to go during the CNY week at 20th (2nd of CNY), not sure if ur dad is working or not? :s13:

hi.. yeah, my dad will operate start 2nd of CNY..
I have replied your whatsapp, right ? :s13:

[Review]

Description
I have engaged daydreaming tour service for my department with a total pax of 7 for a 1 day batam trip on 23 Dec. You will have to purchase your ferry tickets online and forward the details to daydreaming. Uncle Piao will be at the ferry waiting for you.

We went:
• Go Kart / Paint ball
• Massage

PRO:

- Most of our communications were done through LINE and daydreaming always replied very promptly.

- Uncle Piao (Daydreaming’s dad) is a very friendly fatherly uncle. He mainly speaks mandarin. No communication barrier. He even provides us with an Indonesian phone for us to contact him once we have finished our shopping

- Massage at Indo – Thai which offers a superb massage services. Typical damage for 2 hr massage: RP320,000

- Uncle Piao brought us to a local koptiam for our lunch. The kopitiam was superb and serves many indo and chinese food at a very cheap price. Localised price.

CON:

- We didn’t manage to play go kart / paint ball due to bad weather. Will definitely engage Uncle Piao for my next batam trip!!

Hiii... Thank you so so mucchhh for the review and testimonial..
Hope can reorder my dad cab service..
Thanks a lott :love::love::love:

daydreaming

Reaction score
What you guys think about self driving in batam?

hiiii.. I can share my opinionn... self driving its greatt.. but you must know the road.. in batam, there not gps map like spore :s13:
then you must be careful.. taxi local & mini van for pick up passanger like bus (as we called metro trans) driving fast and dangerous, like to stop suddenly if they meet the passanger.. so must be careful..
Driving car in indonesia is different with spore (spore more regular & follow the regulation).
If you have local friend to show you the road, where destination, it will be a great journey :)

kinosker

Reaction score
[Review]

Description:
I have engaged Uncle Piao tour service for a total pax of 7 without prior knowledge about Batam.

We went:
• Massage
• BCS Mall
• Seafood at Big Food Court
• Local delicacy at Kopitiam

PRO:

- Provided us with an Indonesian phone for us to contact him in case we get lost.

- He is knowledgeable and provide great recommendation for both shopping and dining.

- He has shown his helpful side by going the extra mile, helping us collect the Kueh Lapis we ordered the day before.

- Waited for us patiently at the ferry terminal even though we are late for almost an hour (due to ferry delay)

daydreaming

Reaction score
[Review]

Description:
I have engaged Uncle Piao tour service for a total pax of 7 without prior knowledge about Batam.

We went:
• Massage
• BCS Mall
• Seafood at Big Food Court
• Local delicacy at Kopitiam

PRO:

- Provided us with an Indonesian phone for us to contact him in case we get lost.

- He is knowledgeable and provide great recommendation for both shopping and dining.

- He has shown his helpful side by going the extra mile, helping us collect the Kueh Lapis we ordered the day before.

- Waited for us patiently at the ferry terminal even though we are late for almost an hour (due to ferry delay)

oh my.. Thank a lotttt for the review.. Really appreciate for the review..
and Big thanks again for use my dad services..
Hope can serve you all again..
Thank you Bro :love::love::love:

daydreaming

Reaction score
Montigo Resorts Nongsa

“Excellent service”
5 of 5 starsReviewed yesterday NEW
There are many reviews stating how beautiful the resort is, so I will not elaborate more on this.
I'm impressed with the service that we received during our trip there, every service staff in montigo is friendly and helpful.
There is this one particular front office staff I would like to compliment, Hong Jin Young. He is warm and friendly but most importantly he is very patient while explaining the resort facilities, despite we asked a lot of questions and he answered all of them patiently, (which is very good compare some of the service staff in Singapore). We're very pleased with his service.
Overall we felt that he is sincere when attending to his customers, we can feel that he loves his job and he always has this big smile on his face. Keep up the good work Jin Young.
We will definitely go back and stay in Montigo again.
Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Source : Montigo Resorts Nongsa (Batam/Nongsa) - TripAdvisor - Best Prices, Deals & Resort Reviews

daydreaming

Reaction score
Diana Homemade Layer Cake

“Simply tasty treat!”
4 of 5 starsReviewed April 16, 2014
What can i say? simply a tasty treat. i did compare their cakes to another popular brrand from batam called layers i think. or lamoist.
anyway theirs are less sweeter depending on which favor u preferred

A great overseas gift for my friends and relatives, my folks at home simply love it!

Visited April 2014

Source : Simply tasty treat! - Review of Diana Homemade Layer Cake, Batam Center, Indonesia - TripAdvisor

daydreaming

Reaction score
Gideon Hotel Batam (*** Hotel)

“An enjoyable and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 starsReviewed 2 weeks ago
Was impressed with the decor of the room, tastefully done up. Comfy super singles with fluffy pillows, no musky smell due to the absence of carpet flooring. The only downside was the towels- they had old stains. Service staff were friendly and prompt. A great budget hotel a stone's throw away from BCS mall, a huge wet market, and few good ol' coffee shops patronized by the locals.

Stayed January 2015

Source: Gideon Hotel Batam (Indonesia) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Hi,theres a few ferry terminal at batam frm singapore. Can i knw which ferry terminal to alight? besides ,during cny , e places such as mall, eateries still open ?thks

wkho123

Reaction score
Hi,theres a few ferry terminal at batam frm singapore. Can i knw which ferry terminal to alight? besides ,during cny , e places such as mall, eateries still open ?thks

Depend on where you wants to go. Usually most people will go to Batam centre as there's more ferry timing to choose but also more crowded. Harbourbay is nearer to Nagoya. Sekupang is another terminal and is the furthest to other place. Wateefront and Nongsa has lesser people go there because it has lesser ferry timing.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Thks for e reply . So most likely will be batam centre or harbourbay.. gg ther more for makan, massage n jalan.. wat mall n seafood are available at batam centre n harbourbay? Thks

wkho123

Reaction score
Thks for e reply . So most likely will be batam centre or harbourbay.. gg ther more for makan, massage n jalan.. wat mall n seafood are available at batam centre n harbourbay? Thks

The places you mention can be found in Nagoya which is nearer to Harbourbay. It's about 5 to 10 minutes by taxi from Harbourbay. Batam centre has only a shopping centre and a hotel next to the terminal.

daydreaming

Reaction score
Thanks bro wkho123 for the reply. :D

batam center terminal & harbour bay terminal are near the city, so it will prevent lost much time on the road..
ferry companies such as
batam fast schedule

Sindo ferry schedule

wavemaster schedule

maybe on cny, the chinese shop or restaurant will closed, but not all.. you can find food too, and mall will open as usual, maybe on 1st cny will on 12pm start open

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Thks all for e reply.. hmm if harbourbay have more stuff , hw come batam centre so crowded n more ferry timing ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.