EDMW Knife Collectors

anvil_den

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with a display box as memento... since it's illegal to carry outside and frankly it has limited functions outside of those gungho slit-a-sentry war movie scene.. I used it as a letter opener around the house :)

Ok nevermind me.. just trying to chalk up to a 100 post to post pictures...

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks guys! looks like theres lot of work to be done! i'll try it out with the wd40 first! about rustproofing, use mineral oil would be preferred or maybe just wd40?

hahaha painting it flat black sounds really awesome!

rustproofing - if you're gonna paint it, then painting it is rustproofing it. If you gonna etch it with hot vinegar, then the etch/patina helps to rustproof. I would apply a wax like renaissance wax after etching to make it even more rust-resistant. Or else you can oil it as well.

WD40 is not a anti-corrosion spray - it is a water displacer and doesn't work well as a anti-corrosion treatment. You can use singer oil, lithium grease, gun oil, tuff glide, breakfree clp, militec, eezox, fishing reel oil etc etc. If you're going to use it to cut food up, then you should use a food-safe oil.

Mineral oil (for eg. Ikea) is generally very thick and also attracts a lot of gunk. some oils are less viscous and may be easier to apply and dries nicer.

If you're just going to put it back in the safe, I recommend renaissance wax - a little goes a long way, and you can buff it a little after it dries.

gary92

Reaction score
Very Informative there Vespaguy, i guess i'll make a trip down to the hardware shop with those in mind! Thanks so much!

worcer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rustproofing - if you're gonna paint it, then painting it is rustproofing it. If you gonna etch it with hot vinegar, then the etch/patina helps to rustproof. I would apply a wax like renaissance wax after etching to make it even more rust-resistant. Or else you can oil it as well.

WD40 is not a anti-corrosion spray - it is a water displacer and doesn't work well as a anti-corrosion treatment. You can use singer oil, lithium grease, gun oil, tuff glide, breakfree clp, militec, eezox, fishing reel oil etc etc. If you're going to use it to cut food up, then you should use a food-safe oil.

Mineral oil (for eg. Ikea) is generally very thick and also attracts a lot of gunk. some oils are less viscous and may be easier to apply and dries nicer.

If you're just going to put it back in the safe, I recommend renaissance wax - a little goes a long way, and you can buff it a little after it dries.

Or if u have extra money to burn, then this i saw in black tactical may just work.

NanoProtech

Kachangputay

Reaction score
Hello knife collectors! Need to move 2 pieces from my collection; a CRKT Foresight and a Brous mini division flipper. Price is definitely negotiable! Pm me if interested!

Esteee

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, got handmade Nepali kukri for sale.

Brand new, handmade in Nepal, Kathmandu. WWII style kukri.

12 inch blade, 5 inch Indian rosewood handle. Sharp and heavy. Approx 800grams.. Approx 1cm thick blade. Not a toy.

PM if interested.

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sexpert, how is the shipping from knifecenter ?

Read from earlier posts that parcels are frequently hijacked by customs and have to pick up at paya lebar and sign form ? :s11:

hobcraz

Reaction score
Hi All

I am selling a Eagletac or Eagtac Flashlight GX25L2 TURBO. Insane thrower light beam for distance without the big bucks $$.

Bought on 22 January for $175 (with receipt and definitely warranty by local distributor). Selling $150.00. sure gain. Still cheaper than online.

100% mint. Selling because going for above $500 marking light sabre. :s13:

Last edited:

mamba2012

Reaction score

Read from earlier posts that parcels are frequently hijacked by customs and have to pick up at paya lebar and sign form ? :s11:

Depends on what kinds of knives u r buying... If u r talking abt folders, unlikely to kena. If big fixed blades, maybe.

sublimedz

Reaction score
Looking to let go a BNIB ZT0801BW and 2 Spyderco Paramilitary2 lower than cost. Need funds for something else. PM if interested :)

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
bump for my wares:

ZT0801 NIB - $250 cash and carry. Nice, fast and smooth.

Kifaru X-ray Gen 2 pack with powerpulls belt, medium frame and belt (see pics in my earlier posts) - $650 cash and carry. Buy this by this week, and I"ll include a nice zero ground Kitchen mini yanagiba knife. It' deadly sharp and it's made from shirogami steel with mild steel welded onto it. With traditional wa-handle.

Leuku-puukko set (see pics in my earlier posts) - $500 cash and carry.

Prices are all set based on last year's USD exchange rate and it's going up up up.

Since it's coming up to Lunar New Year, I also have a bunch of unused, unworn nice black shoes (all Italian) in size 41 (US8.5-9) for sale. All are nice narrow designs, good quality leather, leather soles. Enquire $200 and above cash and carry.

Available for cash and carry at bukit panjang area.

anvil_den

Reaction score

Nothing longer than 12" total. For fixed that includes the tang.
They are stickler on this aspect.. just got it direct from the horse's mouth last week @ paya lebar when clearing some things.

Folders so far from Knifecenter-- no issue. Friend of mine bought a few recently in separate shipments.

Last edited:

slowstatic

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what kinds of knives u r buying... If u r talking abt folders, unlikely to kena. If big fixed blades, maybe.

Thanks !

Nothing longer than 12" total. For fixed that includes the tang.
They are stickler on this aspect.. just got it direct from the horse's mouth last week @ paya lebar when clearing some things.

Thanks ! Appreciate this info.

The 12 inch is blade length or the overall length of the blade (include handle)

What happens if u buy one that violates the regulation?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.