SCB SingPost/Spree Card

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
so that means after july supermarket 6%->2%
then online fairprice delivery is still considered online like before? or considered supermarket for 2%? one day i try to order some delivery then report here.:)

Order online. Then phone and ask cso if that is online transaction or not.

jentang

Reaction score
Good thing is they give you the month's rebate on the next day of statement cut off. So you don't have to wait like for other banks. I'm going to try out some transactions next mth near my billing cut off. According to the CSO, the 7% started from 26 Jan but she is only able to copy and paste the terms from the site regarding transactions eligibility. So its up to us to trial and error.

benlau1

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Really appreciate it!

BTW- can I confirm that for SCB - overseas transaction will attract fees of 3.5%?

I shop online but is mostly overseas sites.. I remember SCB's fees for overseas transactions are 3.5% wor!

purpletoysmum

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!! Really appreciate it!

BTW- can I confirm that for SCB - overseas transaction will attract fees of 3.5%?

I shop online but is mostly overseas sites.. I remember SCB's fees for overseas transactions are 3.5% wor!

That's for Manhattan. Not sure if it applies for this one. Check website.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just received the card, the letter that come with it still carry the old benefits. I don't know when the new benefits come into effect.

yixiang1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest whack $500 Ntuc first, secure the 6 percent. Then try smaller amounts that not sure will get rebate like f**o, vb**

xiaoTerror

Reaction score
"...identified as an online transaction based on codes assigned by Visa..."
just to confirm, Visa will see vbox as online transaction right?

keniphone

Reaction score
if online transaction you can see the logo "visa", it should be eligible...
...i think so...

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The most useful thing about this card are the vPOST, Amazon.com and maybe Cold Storage purchases. If your spend on those 3 sites are >$500, this is a damn sweet card to use.

Before the FRANK card came along I mostly used this card and the UOB One card.

amigoeva

Reaction score
my alternative to frank card now that frank card has stricter cash rebate methodology!

Soul77

Reaction score
This seems to be a good card to supplement my Frank..
Not sure if paypal payment will earn 7%? As I buy lots of qoo10 and ebay stuff and use paypal..

TravellingMcDs

Reaction score
EP holder here. Applied for it today with a limited credit line. I was denied a SC card shortly after I moved to SG, and haven't bothered to apply for any since.

jentang

Reaction score
Good news.

Please be informed that all SingPost Card customers (New and Existing) will continue to enjoy the online purchase cash back of 7% even after 30th June 2015.

However, the supermarket cash back will be reduced from 6% to 2% and other retail transactions cash back will be reduced from 0.25% to 0.2% effective 1st July 2015.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This seems to be a good card to supplement my Frank..
Not sure if paypal payment will earn 7%? As I buy lots of qoo10 and ebay stuff and use paypal..
It used to be restricted to only Amazon and vPOST, now it seems can apply to any purchases? Really not sure, but I guess someone has to try and report here if it works...

Sent from Asus K00Y using GAGT

hummer

Reaction score
Good news.

Please be informed that all SingPost Card customers (New and Existing) will continue to enjoy the online purchase cash back of 7% even after 30th June 2015.

However, the supermarket cash back will be reduced from 6% to 2% and other retail transactions cash back will be reduced from 0.25% to 0.2% effective 1st July 2015.

In addition to that, min spending upped to $600 from the $500 currently.

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this card got the potential to replace my Citibank SMRT and OCBC Frank...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.