Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering Toyoko Inn bcos i liked their Shinagawa location. Haven't stayed before and not sure if I'll stay again.

Maybe I should just keep checking back on booking.com if I don't want to get the membership just for the 6-mth advanced booking.

But still considering other hotels also. Shortlisted Sotetsu Fresa Inn and some others for Tokyo. I really liked Shinagawa Prince but it seems that their November prices are rather high.

Dormy Inn's Harajuku branch I don't quite like. Not that cheap and the cheapest room damn small. Location far from train station and hard to find as well.

I wouldn't use booking.com. I would go straight to rakuten or jalan website. They have better deals.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello.
Been lurking around hardwarezone for awhile, creating account to ask questions :)

Going to tokyo institute of technology(titech) for 6 months for exchange, been searching for sharehouses or dom, but have been overwhelmed by the number of choices, especially for sharehouses.

Wonder if there are any reccomendations for sharehouse companies with positive experiences i can look for?
have a maximum budget of 80k yen (with all the upfront, management fee or whatnots in, not very sure how its calculated.)

Thanks in advance~
i can link you with my students who are studying there. Maybe they can advise u better.
PM me ur name n mobile number.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use booking.com. I would go straight to rakuten or jalan website. They have better deals.

Ok will check again. Just really hate the interface of Rakuten, must expand the options then can see smoking room or not. But their CS top notch.

My hotel 4000 yen, u wanna try?

Haha thanks, I still got some budget. Think I will be damn happy if 2 pax room can get 10-12k. :( Haiz my last trip was about 12-13.5k per night for 2 pax. But for that price, they rooms still much better than HK hotel rooms.

dimitri_can

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok will check again. Just really hate the interface of Rakuten, must expand the options then can see smoking room or not. But their CS top notch.

Haha thanks, I still got some budget. Think I will be damn happy if 2 pax room can get 10-12k. :( Haiz my last trip was about 12-13.5k per night for 2 pax. But for that price, they rooms still much better than HK hotel rooms.
my 2 pax room is 6k only...

skyblood

Reaction score
Hi guys, i got myself a JR pass, i know i cant use for every railway except for JR. i would like to know wat card should i get for my self when i'm at kyoto/osaka/tokyo ? is there a card like our ezlink that can be use for all city ?

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i got myself a JR pass, i know i cant use for every railway except for JR. i would like to know wat card should i get for my self when i'm at kyoto/osaka/tokyo ? is there a card like our ezlink that can be use for all city ?

All the IC cards have now been integrated. If you land in Tokyo first, get the Suica, if you land Osaka first, get the ICOCA (which is what I have).

LINK

skyblood

Reaction score
All the IC cards have now been integrated. If you land in Tokyo first, get the Suica, if you land Osaka first, get the ICOCA (which is what I have).

LINK

Yes, i will be landing at narita airport. so i guess i'll get ICOCA. Is there any card more advantage to the other Ie.. discount. does the ICOCA card allow me to take bus at kyoto as well ?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, i will be landing at narita airport. so i guess i'll get ICOCA. Is there any card more advantage to the other Ie.. discount. does the ICOCA card allow me to take bus at kyoto as well ?

there is a 1-day bus pass at 500yen for Kyoto buses which u can purchase from the bus terminal outside Kyoto station

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks,i'll take a look at the bus pass, btw does the ICOCA allow me to take bus/subway in kyoto/osaka/Tokyo ?

Kyoto buses can't use the IC Cards. You can buy those special passes. But it works for subway/private rail in Kansai area.

Why not purchase the SUICA since you land in Tokyo first?

skyblood

Reaction score
Kyoto buses can't use the IC Cards. You can buy those special passes. But it works for subway/private rail in Kansai area.

Why not purchase the SUICA since you land in Tokyo first?

oh ok, i see wrongly:s13:. i'll get the SUICA card first, since i landed in narita. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.