Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks,i'll take a look at the bus pass, btw does the ICOCA allow me to take bus/subway in kyoto/osaka/Tokyo ?

Good news is Kyoto buses has stated accepting IC cards, so SUICA is going to be usable there. But if you need to make more than 2 bus rides a day in Kyoto, get the day passes. lesser than that use SUICA.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Good news is Kyoto buses has stated accepting IC cards, so SUICA is going to be usable there. But if you need to make more than 2 bus rides a day in Kyoto, get the day passes. lesser than that use SUICA.

More than 2 buses in Kyoto use pass cheaper alr ah? Good to hear that suica is accepted on the buses. Less confusion.

skyblood

Reaction score

Agree, but for my itinerary i only visit kiyomizudera, fushima inari, Higashiyama streets and arashiyama. i try to visit places that my Jr pass allow me to. :s13:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More than 2 buses in Kyoto use pass cheaper alr ah? Good to hear that suica is accepted on the buses. Less confusion.

as one ride is fixed price at 230. if 3 rides total is 690, so the 500 1 day pass is more worth, if 4 or 5 even better lo.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, but for my itinerary i only visit kiyomizudera, fushima inari, Higashiyama streets and arashiyama. i try to visit places that my Jr pass allow me to. :s13:

LOL, sure lah, but sometimes no choice but to take non JR. Don't skip the sites just because no JR there.

skyblood

Reaction score
LOL, sure lah, but sometimes no choice but to take non JR. Don't skip the sites just because no JR there.

we got only 2 days or less den 2 days to enjoy Kyoto. Btw i can get my SUICA card at the same place when i xchange for my JR pass at narita aiport. right ?

joeson

Reaction score
hello everyone, i'm in the midst of planning my 2nd (!) trip to Tokyo this May again, hehe! bringing my virgin friend there this time, so its not a solo trip this time.

thought of bringing said friend to a super onsen, and from the JNTO website, I've shortlisted two options. any comments on these 2 would be greatly appreciated, domo arigato~

1. Tennen Onsen Heiwajima 天然温泉平和島
Address: Big-Fun-Heiwajima, 2/F, 1-1-1 Heiwajima, Ota-ku, Tokyo 
Admission fee: 1,800 Yen
Webbie: “V‘R‰·*ò •½˜a“‡

2. Toshimaen Niwano-yu  豊島園 庭の湯
Address: 3-25-1 Koyama,Nerima-ku, Tokyo
Admission fee: 1,296 Yen
Webbie: ???????? ??? ???

I've went to the websites, and while I like the outdoorsy feel of Toshimaen, the types of baths in there seems lesser as compared to Tennen, which seems to have more types of baths. Also, Toshimaen is slightly further away from Ebisu as compared to Heiwajima. But Tennen is further away from the station than Toshimaen. :x

so, any recommendations on which is a better one to bring my friend to?

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. Every time when i am at Kyoto, i sure use that pass. Value for money since I will be at city area/night joints at night time.

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
buy winter boots, is it cheaper to buy at ABC mart no tax free, or at departmental store (eg. daimaru) with tax free? :s22:

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you recommend where to get decent thermal wear at an ok price? read through the forums and found out heat tech is not gonna be enough :sad:

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can you recommend where to get decent thermal wear at an ok price? read through the forums and found out heat tech is not gonna be enough :sad:

for wat kind of temperature?

heat tech is ok as a base layer for temperature around 0. lower than that, u better get a proper long john. but it is all dependent on ur own tolerance to cold also lah

sharshar

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for wat kind of temperature?

heat tech is ok as a base layer for temperature around 0. lower than that, u better get a proper long john. but it is all dependent on ur own tolerance to cold also lah
im leaving for hokkaido next week actually D: lowest looks to be -13..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.