iOS 8.1.2 laggy on iPad Air

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Recently upgraded my iPad Air from iOS 7.1 to iOS 8.1.2. The lag is very noticeable, and I can't downgrade back to iOS 7. Anything I can do? Will the next version iOS 8.1.3 or iOS 8.2 be better?

Really regret upgrading my iOS (damn Apple!)

laironpark

Reaction score
You may try to do refresh by press and hold on the home button and power until it shut down and boot up to the apple logo, then release both buttons.
If still lags, then backup your impt data, do a reset erasing all content, install the ipad as a new device, then restore your data from backup.

ios 8.1.3 update will not be so soon.

connerkent

Reaction score
Hi SpinFire.. I'm wondering if you might have updated your firmware to 8.1.3 since you experienced issues with 8.1.2?

I'm still on iOS7 and afraid to update for fear of the issues you mentioned.. would appreciate any update. Thanks!

palmtungsten

Reaction score
My experience for iOS 8.1.2 is ok for iPad Air 1.. Has not tried 8.1.3 yet. No issues at all since upgrade from ISO 7 to 8

connerkent

Reaction score
Hi palmtunsten and shager. May I know when you guys did the updating, did you guys set the ipad as new and then restore from backup or just update to the new os straight away?

SpinFire

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi SpinFire.. I'm wondering if you might have updated your firmware to 8.1.3 since you experienced issues with 8.1.2?

I'm still on iOS7 and afraid to update for fear of the issues you mentioned.. would appreciate any update. Thanks!

Think you should just stick with iOS7. It's much, much, much more responsive than iOS8 on the iPad Air. I completely regret updating the iOS, especially when there's no way to downgrade it.

I've not updated to iOS8.1.3 as I read that there isn't much difference. I'll perhaps wait for the next major update (maybe 8.2) and give it a shot.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.