Murdoch University(Kaplan)

spidey95

Reaction score
Hi, I am intending to enroll in their full time bachelor of commerce in accounting program. Anyone from Murdoch Uni under Kaplan? Would you mind sharing your experience? How big is a class, etc..?

Thanks in advance..!:)

tennisguy

Reaction score
Wanna find out how is the teaching and student studying in Kaplan Murdoch courses as well....Going to study there as well 😄

Last edited:

almondNeo

Reaction score
Class sizes depends, year 2 modules or those modules that tend to overlap among other majors tend to have a larger class. E.g Management and HRM offers similar modules.

Year 3 modules or specialized modules can have as little as 6 students in a class.

I'm not sure about other university partners in Kaplan but one thing I like about Murdoch is the flexibility of timetable, which means you can select the modules that you prefer to take (provided you clear the pre-requisite module prior to that module you're taking next trimester), as well as the different day and time slots (provided if your preferred class isn't full during the time of enrollment). That being said, it's a good thing since you'll get to meet different people every trimester :)

ello42

Reaction score
Class sizes depends, year 2 modules or those modules that tend to overlap among other majors tend to have a larger class. E.g Management and HRM offers similar modules.

Year 3 modules or specialized modules can have as little as 6 students in a class.

I'm not sure about other university partners in Kaplan but one thing I like about Murdoch is the flexibility of timetable, which means you can select the modules that you prefer to take (provided you clear the pre-requisite module prior to that module you're taking next trimester), as well as the different day and time slots (provided if your preferred class isn't full during the time of enrollment). That being said, it's a good thing since you'll get to meet different people every trimester :)

How is the lecture? Heard there will be Australian lecture coming in once in a while to foresee everything.

What about the academics, presentations and assignments etc.

almondNeo

Reaction score
How is the lecture? Heard there will be Australian lecture coming in once in a while to foresee everything.

What about the academics, presentations and assignments etc.

There will be lecturers who are Australian themselves, so expect their expectation of the students to be higher. Whereas for the local lecturer, so far many of them are really helpful and willing to go full extend to guide students (additional lectures on non-lesson day/weekend).

Each module would usually consist of 2 reports, 1 individual and 1 team report. Or it could be 1 team report with mid-term test. There's technically 1 presentation every module, at least for heavily theory-based majors (Management, Marketing and Tourism etc). The entire workload for assignment can be quite heavy sometimes.

ello42

Reaction score
There will be lecturers who are Australian themselves, so expect their expectation of the students to be higher. Whereas for the local lecturer, so far many of them are really helpful and willing to go full extend to guide students (additional lectures on non-lesson day/weekend).

Each module would usually consist of 2 reports, 1 individual and 1 team report. Or it could be 1 team report with mid-term test. There's technically 1 presentation every module, at least for heavily theory-based majors (Management, Marketing and Tourism etc). The entire workload for assignment can be quite heavy sometimes.

How are you faring , judging yourself in the class. Are you taking full time or part time? Im actually thinking of getting to murdoch part of the reason its becuz of the double degree.

Any pros and cons so far?

almondNeo

Reaction score
How are you faring , judging yourself in the class. Are you taking full time or part time? Im actually thinking of getting to murdoch part of the reason its becuz of the double degree.

Any pros and cons so far?

I'd say my grades were slightly above average, based on how I fared among my peers. I'm taking full-time by the way. Participate more in class to secure higher marks!

Pros about Murdoch is that you'll get to know new friends every trimester, managing projects in different groups rather than stick with the usual one throughout the whole academic year.

Cons for Murdoch is that, starting this year they won't be providing PPT slides book (as far as I know, some modules, if not all, so you gotta print yourself), plus some modules don't even provides textbook, learning are offered through electronic book. Which means you technically got no physical copy of any textbooks, unless you print the PPT slides yourself.

Unless your lecturer got his or her own tactics to guide you through e-learning, revisions are usually heavily spent on textbook.

Fancy paying such a huge amount of school fees yet they do not provides textbook :(

Thanks for answering!😄 Would there be a lot of international students?👀

You'd still see international students around but in Murdoch, the ratio of local to international would roughly be around 10:1, majority of students in Murdoch are locals, you'll find more international students studying under UCD instead, however that's my personal opinion.

tennisguy

Reaction score
I'd say my grades were slightly above average, based on how I fared among my peers. I'm taking full-time by the way. Participate more in class to secure higher marks!

Pros about Murdoch is that you'll get to know new friends every trimester, managing projects in different groups rather than stick with the usual one throughout the whole academic year.

Cons for Murdoch is that, starting this year they won't be providing PPT slides book (as far as I know, some modules, if not all, so you gotta print yourself), plus some modules don't even provides textbook, learning are offered through electronic book. Which means you technically got no physical copy of any textbooks, unless you print the PPT slides yourself.

Unless your lecturer got his or her own tactics to guide you through e-learning, revisions are usually heavily spent on textbook.

Fancy paying such a huge amount of school fees yet they do not provides textbook :(

You'd still see international students around but in Murdoch, the ratio of local to international would roughly be around 10:1, majority of students in Murdoch are locals, you'll find more international students studying under UCD instead, however that's my personal opinion.

Dude, what course are you in?

I am enrolling this May but I am worried that I maybe the oldest in class and feeling kind of awkward.

almondNeo

Reaction score
Dude, what course are you in?

I am enrolling this May but I am worried that I maybe the oldest in class and feeling kind of awkward.

I'm taking marketing and management. You?

From the past classes, the average class age would be somewhere between 20-24, as mostly are fresh polytechnic graduates and guys who just finished army. How old are you?

tennisguy

Reaction score
I'm taking marketing and management. You?

From the past classes, the average class age would be somewhere between 20-24, as mostly are fresh polytechnic graduates and guys who just finished army. How old are you?

Going into Banking and Finance...I am in my mid 20s

Bridging start next weekend for me

Aikiash

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am also going for the accounting and finance course. Just havent signed the contract yet as I have some concerns about it.

My friend who is taking HR with murdoch has told me that it is very hard to control your schedule despite what they say. As in very hard to get weekday classes.

Also, they are very particular about their assignments. You will get alot of marks deducted just for making errors on the submission procedure.

Also, alot of tests are online and you have limited time but have to deal with a very laggy portal.

What are your experience so far?

hauterunway

Reaction score
Hello! Any murdorch student here knows what are the general electives that we need to take if im going for single major? Wanted to take up business in management though.

onepiecepop

Reaction score
dun wan to be a wet blanket but one of my lec in suss who has lots of experience on hr recruitment, etc with different companies told me that they will onli consider those candidates who had studied full duration, e.g 3 years for degree

those without such as 1.5-2yrs short duration can complete the degree de the resume most throw one side.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.