Audio Technica Appreciation Thread

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the W1000z and can share your review please? I'm considering a future closed back can upgrade from m50x and thinking about w1000z, a2000x, Sony Mdr-z7... Thanks!

What type of sound are you looking for? :)
The 3 that you listed sound pretty different from the m50x.

essentiale

Reaction score
What type of sound are you looking for? :)
The 3 that you listed sound pretty different from the m50x.
Something with tight punchy bass, fluid mids able to emphasize vocals, nice treble not too shrilly. I listen to Chinese pop from Jay chou to jacky cheong, kpop from BIGBANG to shin seung hun, trance music, and when I feel like it metal stuff like megadeth and ozzy Osborne.

Sent from Motorola NEXUS 6 using GAGT

Last edited:

xuan87

Reaction score
Pai seh, quoting myself, will soon be upping my AT stash with an ATH-AD2000......:D

I remember liking that a lot when I demo it many years ago, but I preferred the AD1000PRM o the AD2000, plus the former is cheaper too.

Not sure if they receive any updates since then.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Dark Green is the latest Limited Edition of Audio Technica ATH-M50X and is now available for pre-order! Plus you can enjoy a FREE Audio Technica hard case for every pre-order made.

Be a Limited Edition headphones owner, visit us at Stereo@PlazaSingapura or Stereo@IONOrchard.

M50XDGR_zpsbae825b3.jpg

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
New Arrival!

Spotted: One of our most passionate staff trying the latest Audio-Technica ATH-M70X fresh from delivery!

“Clean, detailed and surprisingly open sounding for a closed back design. Imaging is sharp and precise with a remarkably fast and controlled bass.” - TeamStereo Joe

M70X_zpsb84046a2.jpg

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Team Stereo

May i know when the stock for Sennheiser Momentum (2.0) over ears will be arriving in Singapore?

And whats the retail price?

Cheers

Hi bro! Currently no news yet regarding this but we'll surely update y'all once we have the latest. Kindly stay tuned! :)

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Momentun vs ATH M50x?

Which is better disregarding the price?

I actually find both models clear sounding headphones, comfortable to use, lightweight and suitable for travelling though I feel that Sennheiser Momentum suits better to the genre of songs that I'm listening. I like the bass impact for this model. But then again, sound is always subjective so I suggest that you audition them first as there are still a lot of factors to consider. This can certainly help you decide. :)

adammax

Reaction score
Spotted: One of our most passionate staff trying the latest Audio-Technica ATH-M70X fresh from delivery!

“Clean, detailed and surprisingly open sounding for a closed back design. Imaging is sharp and precise with a remarkably fast and controlled bass.” - TeamStereo Joe

M70X_zpsb84046a2.jpg

Will you be kind to compare it with m50? Would love to hear the comparison.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.