DBS vs OCBC and UOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everytime boat parking at shore, people think it will go lower, if you look at the 100 SMA of DBS, it's near the rebounce liao... at most I will wait till $19 and start to accumulate more. News notwithstanding, there is no fear. Earnings of course can change a counter's entire course.

just ask those waiting to board Keppel at 8.1x below and sheng siong 0.65 below last time :s13:

but then again, some ppl boarded SATS at 2.9x and it dropped further before going back up recently

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well nothing is predictable in stock market, sometimes it goes down sometimes it goes up. For DBS, if it goes further down, I will just average down to make my dividend yield higher.

OCBC i really miss the boat because it was on my watchlist as well... but oh well...

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For DBS, if it goes further down, I will just average down to make my dividend yield higher.
DBS go down u will average down and buy more???
can u take further drawdown? :o
Happy_Trading.gif

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DBS go down u will average down and buy more???
can u take further drawdown? :o
Happy_Trading.gif

For me DBS is a stable and good stock that I trust and I am holding for long term, so the impact that you show on the graph, wont affect my decision.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me DBS is a stable and good stock that I trust and I am holding for long term, so the impact that you show on the graph, wont affect my decision.
that graph represents stable and good blue chip index stocks

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if DBS fall...Govt will be there to give it a huge boost. Definitely wont be a repeat of Lehmen..at least for DBS

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if DBS fall...Govt will be there to give it a huge boost. Definitely wont be a repeat of Lehmen..at least for DBS
When Lehman fall, it affected a lot of other banks, all kanna dragged down.

Check out AIG. rescued by Govt. But shareholders still have to take a hit

rescue so what? Your $1300 investment become $52.1 :s13:

HpvsI3c.png

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When Lehman fall, it affected a lot of other banks, all kanna dragged down.

Check out AIG. rescued by Govt. But shareholders still have to take a hit

rescue so what? Your $1300 investment become $52.1 :s13:

HpvsI3c.png

U r like comparing super big apple with tiny apple. Government will support but wont supoort 100% thats for sure. But the impacr wont be as huge at AIG

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U r like comparing super big apple with tiny apple. Government will support but wont supoort 100% thats for sure. But the impacr wont be as huge at AIG
if i am govt, my first priority is answer to the ppl.
shareholders lose money their problem. they enjoyed the rewards in the past, now they must be the ones to take the first hit

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
shareholders lose money their problem. they enjoyed the rewards in the past, now they must be the ones to take the first hit

For dbs, the shareholder is also the govt themselves lah, you see how temesak tried to save olam also

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway from what i know of dbs..they are still fundamentally making profits and with cheap liquidity for them...it is not that ez to drop till like lehmen

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

answer people is one...Temasek will lose so much $$ that answering itself is just not enough. To prevent it frm even happening and being the major shareholder..Temasek will likely know news that DBS is not doing well..and will save it even b4 it surface..

disclaimer...all is my own personal opinion
haha..

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SINGAPORE: DBS Group Holdings posted a 4 per cent rise in fourth-quarter net profit and notched record full-year earnings.

Net profit for the October-December period came to S$838 million, below an average forecast of S$931 million from six analysts polled by Reuters.

That compares with a net profit before exceptional items of S$802 million in the same period a year earlier. In the previous year, the sale of a stake in a Philippine bank boosted overall net profit to S$973 million.

Bad debt provisions rose 40 per cent to S$211 million, while trading income dropped 44 per cent with the bank blaming less favourable trading conditions.

DBS' full-year net profit rose 10 per cent to hit a record S$4.05 billion, the bank said.

Tuckie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SINGAPORE: DBS Group Holdings posted a 4 per cent rise in fourth-quarter net profit and notched record full-year earnings.

Net profit for the October-December period came to S$838 million, below an average forecast of S$931 million from six analysts polled by Reuters.

That compares with a net profit before exceptional items of S$802 million in the same period a year earlier. In the previous year, the sale of a stake in a Philippine bank boosted overall net profit to S$973 million.

Bad debt provisions rose 40 per cent to S$211 million, while trading income dropped 44 per cent with the bank blaming less favourable trading conditions.

DBS' full-year net profit rose 10 per cent to hit a record S$4.05 billion, the bank said.

seems like a bad showing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.