[REVIEW] Meizu MX4 Pro

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score

TLDR/W: The MX4 Pro has great hardware and software. That said, it is slightly expensive and I will recommend it only to people who wants a better mobile camera or audio quality (assuming you do not have your own external DACs and amps).

Full written review: Meizu MX4 Pro Review | Chinese Tech

Rickosw

Reaction score
Does MX4 PRO has bluetooth aptX function?
Since it does not have any app drawer, will installing a third party launcher (action launcher, nova launcher) help ?

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
1. Not too sure about aptX support. Is there anyway I can check?
2. Yes installing a third party launcher will introduce an app drawer should the launcher supports it. Drawers are always related to the launcher and not the core system.

Rickosw

Reaction score
1. Not too sure about aptX support. Is there anyway I can check?
2. Yes installing a third party launcher will introduce an app drawer should the launcher supports it. Drawers are always related to the launcher and not the core system.

Hi Swiftbladez

thanks for your fast reply,

1) to be honest, i also dun know to test / verify whether the phone has aptX
other than checking this website, but sometimes, the OEM may not inform / or the website has not update ..

aptX® Wireless Bluetooth Audio Products & Technology

http://www.aptx.com/category/phones

my guess is that since Meizu MX4 is going after "audiophile" aspects of the phone, it should include aptX function but i may be wrong ....

ps: (even mid-level HTC & Blackberry & ASUS phones have them!)

2) thanks, i saw many online youtube preview all say no APP Drawer, so i am thinking of installing a custom launcher to go with MX4 Pro ...

if you have some time, would you mind trying some of them, (Action Launcher, Nova, GO launcher EX) see if can run smoothly, no lag, or crashes ?

cheers!

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried several launchers. No problems at all. Most phones don't have any problems with third-party launchers anyways :)

Rickosw

Reaction score
MX4 Pro launch next week

if anyone want official MX4 Pro with warranty & google play store ...

jbdE0aCU2R6rcr.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.