Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vismark

Reaction score
I read on the goawaysam blog that I can take either Shinagawa station using Keikyu Airport line or Hamamatsucho station using Tokyo monorail to go to Haneda airport. Want to check if I can take the other way round? Like from airport to that station. And would there be like peak period for the Keikyu Airport line or the Tokyo monorail? Cause the timing I arrive at Tokyo would be the peak period for the working hour. Don know if this apply to those airport railway too. Thanks alot!

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read on the goawaysam blog that I can take either Shinagawa station using Keikyu Airport line or Hamamatsucho station using Tokyo monorail to go to Haneda airport. Want to check if I can take the other way round? Like from airport to that station. And would there be like peak period for the Keikyu Airport line or the Tokyo monorail? Cause the timing I arrive at Tokyo would be the peak period for the working hour. Don know if this apply to those airport railway too. Thanks alot!

i think (i think only) keikyu should be best for shinagwa since its direct.

the monorail won't be crowded but once you reach the yamanote line it will be! (monorail gotta get off and take the latter at hamamatsucho.

it is a nightmare to navigate your luggage with ppl scurrying around during the rush hour. was 7ish when i took. i think 8ish will be worse.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yup, can take from airport to shinagawa or hamamatsucho. u can use hyperdia to check the trains:
HyperDia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.

Vismark

Reaction score
i think (i think only) keikyu should be best for shinagwa since its direct.

the monorail won't be crowded but once you reach the yamanote line it will be! (monorail gotta get off and take the latter at hamamatsucho.

it is a nightmare to navigate your luggage with ppl scurrying around during the rush hour. was 7ish when i took. i think 8ish will be worse.

Oh.. Its like not Singapore dhoby ghaut circle line NE line, where they all stop at this specific station? After taking the Keikyu and reach Shinagawa, I have to change another transport? Or did I mistaken your explanation.
My flight reach at 1605. So after everything done should be maybe 5pm. Should be will reach Shinagawa before 6. Any idea if its very congest?

yup, can take from airport to shinagawa or hamamatsucho. u can use hyperdia to check the trains:
HyperDia | Timetable and Route Search in Japan.

Okay, thanks alot!
This location is more convinience for me, with to and fro for both airport and along yamanote line.

Lukasi

Reaction score
1) The station for the start point of the scenic railway is located just next to the JR Saga Arashiyama building...it's situated in a brown bick building and there's a Steam Locomotive in front of it...you won't be able to miss it...

fastest way is to take Shinkansen to JR Kyoto Station then take the JR Sagano line to JR Saga Arashiyama station..for rapid service trains..its free seating so you won't be able to do reservation..you might want to reserve seats for the shinkansen portion of the journey from shin kobe to JR kyoto

2) if you are taking limited express services to Kyoto from Osaka...then yes...you can reserve ticket for the return journey...if you miss the train...you can always use the free seating part of the train service..you should not face any problem with the conductor since you've paid for your ticket

3) Yes....you can basically reserve seating for JR trains across the Japan from any JR ticket offices

4) Your walking path seems fine since Torokko Arashiyama is located near the bamboo grove.....there's no walk to avoid the walk to JR Saga Arashiyama....the two other stations nearer to the bridge are Raden Arashiyama and Hankyu Arashiyama...there's a connection to Umeda from the Hankyu station via the Hankyu Kyoto Line..but it takes a long time..so you are better off going back to kobe from JR kyoto station

5) Arashiyama is a very scenic and pleasant place to be...don't rush yourself and just spent half a day there...you will have more than enough things to see and do for an entire day.....so my suggestion is just to spent one entire day in Arashiyama...but alternatively....it's also plausible to visit Nijo castle...but you will probably need to leave Arashiyama latest at 2.30pm as the trip to Nijo castle will take 45mins-1hr from Arashiyama

Is a JR one-day pass any useful here? (Travelling from Shin-Kobe to Arashimaya and back) I have a 4yr old child. So he will be free.

Lukasi

Reaction score
Clear my doubt pls:

Crowne Plaza Ana Kobe website says it's a 20min to universal studio but hyperdia says its abt 50min. It will be helpful for me to know if I should stay one more day in Osaka (just 18min away fr Osaka Namba sta)

Tks in advance!

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Clear my doubt pls:

Crowne Plaza Ana Kobe website says it's a 20min to universal studio but hyperdia says its abt 50min. It will be helpful for me to know if I should stay one more day in Osaka (just 18min away fr Osaka Namba sta)

Tks in advance!

20min is by car issit? got link to the website?

crowne plaze ANA kobe is near shin-kobe station. need to change a few train to get to universal studio.

it would be better to stay in Osaka and travel to kobe instead

lostasor22

Reaction score
will be travelling to kansai from 25jun to 2jul. found out there this is the rainy season? how bad will it be? cos I plan to go to uss and do some cycling etc

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is a JR one-day pass any useful here? (Travelling from Shin-Kobe to Arashimaya and back) I have a 4yr old child. So he will be free.

yes, JR west kansai area pass is useful coz the trip from Sannomiya to Sagaarashiyama is already 1490yen one-way

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will be travelling to kansai from 25jun to 2jul. found out there this is the rainy season? how bad will it be? cos I plan to go to uss and do some cycling etc

I think it depends on luck lah.
where will u be cycling? wat u can do is to keep ur plans flexible so u can adjust according to weather forecast.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh.. Its like not Singapore dhoby ghaut circle line NE line, where they all stop at this specific station? After taking the Keikyu and reach Shinagawa, I have to change another transport? Or did I mistaken your explanation.
My flight reach at 1605. So after everything done should be maybe 5pm. Should be will reach Shinagawa before 6. Any idea if its very congest?

taking keikyu is direct to shinagawa but taking the monorail is not.

Japan Rail Pass and rail travel in Japan complete guide – JPRail.com » Blog Archive » How to access from Haneda airport to downtown Tokyo

keikyu: haneda -> shinagawa

(monorail) haneda -> hamamatsucho +
(JR yamanote line) hamamatsucho -> shinagawa

so when you board the 2nd train at hamamatsucho (diff level of the same building as the monorail), it could be crowded as the yamanote line usually is during peak hours. not very sure about pm crowd cos i took in during am peak.

Access information | Haneda Airport Terminal Portal Site
Haneda Airport (HND)

Last edited:

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
worst come to worst wear poncho to ride lo.

Vismark

Reaction score
taking keikyu is direct to shinagawa but taking the monorail is not.

Japan Rail Pass and rail travel in Japan complete guide – JPRail.com » Blog Archive » How to access from Haneda airport to downtown Tokyo

keikyu: haneda -> shinagawa

(monorail) haneda -> hamamatsucho +
(JR yamanote line) hamamatsucho -> shinagawa

so when you board the 2nd train at hamamatsucho (diff level of the same building as the monorail), it could be crowded as the yamanote line usually is during peak hours. not very sure about pm crowd cos i took in during am peak.

Access information | Haneda Airport Terminal Portal Site
Haneda Airport (HND)

Oh.. okay!
Luckily I think I will get Shinagawa, so don need to change another train right? :D
Currently found a apartment on airbnb near there but for 6 nights cost 2.1k
Trying to look for discount code for airbnb, hope can get those 15% or 20% one, even if max 300 is also good enough.
Anyone has any code to share? :)

chaotah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yushima Tenjin or Hanegi park, which is a nicer place to see plum blossoms?

Lukasi

Reaction score
Haneda Int'l Aiport to Omiya (Saitame)

Dear all, I will be landing into Handea Int'l Airport on a Monday 9.30am and have to head to the railway museum straight, thereafter to Shinjuku (as railway museum is closed on Tuesday).

I would like advice on crowded train situations on below route (as I suspect some may be local trains). We have 2 adults wif 2 luggage and a toddler in hand.

10:23 HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING take Monorail Haneda Express to Hamamatsucho take JR Keihin-Tohoku/ Negishi Line Rapid to UENO and change to JR Takasaki Line.

Thanks!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all, I will be landing into Handea Int'l Airport on a Monday 9.30am and have to head to the railway museum straight, thereafter to Shinjuku (as railway museum is closed on Tuesday).

I would like advice on crowded train situations on below route (as I suspect some may be local trains). We have 2 adults wif 2 luggage and a toddler in hand.

10:23 HANEDA AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL BUILDING take Monorail Haneda Express to Hamamatsucho take JR Keihin-Tohoku/ Negishi Line Rapid to UENO and change to JR Takasaki Line.

Thanks!

Should be OK one. By the time u are boarding monorail is already 10.30 or later. If the luggage is too much a hassle, u can get those large locker in Ueno to store them when you go for your museum. Or leave them in your hotel if it is along the route.

lostasor22

Reaction score
I think it depends on luck lah.
where will u be cycling? wat u can do is to keep ur plans flexible so u can adjust according to weather forecast.

haha haven decide where to go.. juz tht of doing cycling some of the days.. so wondering if its rains is the road safe, else I will change plans

Sunny85

Reaction score
Hi, I will be staying at Hotel Century Southern Tower at Shinjuku. I will be travelling with my 3 year old daughter. I am thinking for my last day, should i take the narita express or the airport limousine bus to the airport? I will like to check where can i purchase the nex express ticket at tokyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.