Wireless IP Camera thread

bjory

Reaction score
I wish to setup ddns and connect directly into my camera to view the video. However as dlink admin web uses java for live video feed, which iphone browser doesn't support. Any way I can do this so I can use web based to view on my iphone?

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
I wish to setup ddns and connect directly into my camera to view the video. However as dlink admin web uses java for live video feed, which iphone browser doesn't support. Any way I can do this so I can use web based to view on my iphone?

wonder why so many people still buy iPhone over Androids with all the restrictions in-placed.

I believe D-Link comes with suitable Apps to playback the camera on their device (live feed).

Here.
https://www.mydlink.com/apps

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Most IP cameras uses ActiveX controls. These include the Aztechs, the dLinks, etc. So unless you are using Internet Explorer or a browser that support ActiveX, chances are you won't be able to use the browser to use the video.

What you need is therefore apps, particularly for those on mobile (iOS or Android). Some cameras come with their own apps. For me, I have a lot of different brands, and I use a 3rd party app. In fact, I use the same 3rd party app for both my iOS devices as well as my Android devices. To me, one of the best 3rd party app is IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou.

bjory

Reaction score
Does anyone here have problem using Mydlink Lite on 3G/4G?
I can never seems to be able to connect to view my IP Cam when I'm on 3G/4G. Only via Wifi ok.

Login to the app is fine too.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
For some reason, i have a strong feeling that our BIG 3s are blocking these connections as the amount of data is enormous (streaming) over mobile network.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
i rather vStarcam provides actual point back to our own IP than to be routed to their server.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone here have problem using Mydlink Lite on 3G/4G?
I can never seems to be able to connect to view my IP Cam when I'm on 3G/4G. Only via Wifi ok.

Login to the app is fine too.

WIFI as in internal wifi or external WIFI?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
i rather vStarcam provides actual point back to our own IP than to be routed to their server.

Actually, if there is no obstruction in mobile network, it does works like traditional ddns method. Wif the new traffic shaping / routing nowsaday, its no longer possible to have direct connection

howl__

Reaction score
Looking for a camera to monitor my pet when I’m not at home. I want one that can be controlled remotely – meaning I’m able to adjust the camera angle/tilt/zoom using an app on my phone or computer when I’m not at home.

Was looking at this – DCS-5222L (B1 / B2) - mydlinkTM Cloud Wireless HD PTZ Infrared IP Camera

Any views/feedback on this product? Or any recommendations for better cameras?

Would like to seek for reviews on this product too. What is the difference between B1 and B2.

Paranoia08

Reaction score
Bros... would like to seek advice.

Currently I have D-link DCS-5020L and 2 of my 932L broke down which I need to replace.

I have considering to get another 2 DCS-5020L for convenient sake as I am using D-Viewcam(DCS-100), the software from Dlink for local PC recording.

But from what I read, Vstarcam "T" series are recommended over Dlink, is it?

The question is, if I get Vstarcam, how to I do local PC recording as D-Viewcam is unable to detect 3rd party ipcam right?

Anyone tried Marix inhouse cam? http://marix.com.sg/?product=marix-960h-4ch-cloud-dvrnvrhvr-3-in-1-diy-kit-dome

How is it?

Thanks for your advice in advance! =)

Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, if there is no obstruction in mobile network, it does works like traditional ddns method. Wif the new traffic shaping / routing nowsaday, its no longer possible to have direct connection

not understanding what you meant here.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Bros... would like to seek advice.

Currently I have D-link DCS-5020L and 2 of my 932L broke down which I need to replace.

I have considering to get another 2 DCS-5020L for convenient sake as I am using D-Viewcam(DCS-100), the software from Dlink for local PC recording.

But from what I read, Vstarcam "T" series are recommended over Dlink, is it?

The question is, if I get Vstarcam, how to I do local PC recording as D-Viewcam is unable to detect 3rd party ipcam right?

Anyone tried Marix inhouse cam? ZAFEGO 960H 4CH Cloud DVR/NVR/HVR 3-in-1 DIY KIT (Indoor DOME) | eShop by MARIX IT DISTRIBUTION (S) PTE LTD

How is it?

Thanks for your advice in advance! =)

will not recommend vstarcam.... extremely buggy firmware and features although the specs looks good.

Over rated

Last edited:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
So should I stick to Dlink or should I get other models like Foscam F8910?

Thanks for your advice. =)

IMO, stick with D-Link will be a safer bet (since you already have experience with it)

FOSCAM is slightly harder to setup but once its up - its ok.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
not understanding what you meant here.

The camera sends the feed direct to your phone if there is no routing problem. I used to b able to view direct streaming without the relay mode. Since our telcos announced the traffic shaping of mobile network to optimise the user experience, I have not been able to get direct connection anymore. When relay mode kicks in, you see a timer kinda small icon on right side of the screen

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
will not recommend vstarcam.... extremely buggy firmware and features although the specs looks good.

Over rated

T series quite OK now, best for own online test before you buy. They have demo online 24x7, test Liao, feel it then you decide. ;)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.