Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilPaladin

Master Member
Reaction score
As this is a cash upfront type of account, the cash is already deducted immediately when the trade is done, there is a refresh purchase power thing to the right in your online trading site you can use to see roughly how much purchase power you have.

Do not be fool by the cash you see in your home page, that one will be updated a few days later.

Did you even try to search, this 4 q has been answered many times.
1. Currency exchange rate is +/-0.015 roughly. Horrendous, I know.
2. $0
3. $0
4. Yes

OH I see that sneaky button now... Was thinking why so good... THank you Sir

lamEduDe

Reaction score
hey all, i have a very basic question to ask.

i notice there is the securities settlement account and securities trading account. am i right that to start trading my funds must be inside the settlement account? if so then what is the purpose of the securities trading account.

thanks!

waxqube

Reaction score

i notice there is the securities settlement account and securities trading account. am i right that to start trading my funds must be inside the settlement account? if so then what is the purpose of the securities trading account.

thanks!

It is quite self-explanatory. Trading account is for trading and settlement account is for settlement of trades. You should go read their FAQs thoroughly before you start trading.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

thanks!

STA is just an estimated portfolio worth which includes your holdings both overseas and local. It doesn't include how much money you have in your SSA both FCY and local.

Yes, You need to transfer your fund into the respective SSA to start trading in the respective market. E.g. to trade NYSE, you need to transfer your fund into FCY SSA USD account.

GoldenBargain

Reaction score
I am SURE this has been answered, but I have had no luck with the 20 odd pages i have gone through.

Can someone please advise how much it will cost to move US shares (from POEMS) to Standard Chartered?

Who do I approach to get that done? POEMS or Standard Chartered. (again this is just for US shares)

If dividend is going to be paid soon, will there be a problem if it is during the process of the share moving from POEMS to Standard Chartered?

Thank you so much in advance....

Last edited:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am SURE this has been answered, but I have had no luck with the 20 odd pages i have gone through.

Can someone please advise how much it will cost to move US shares (from POEMS) to Standard Chartered?

Who do I approach to get that done? POEMS or Standard Chartered. (again this is just for US shares)

If dividend is going to be paid soon, will there be a problem if it is during the process of the share moving from POEMS to Standard Chartered?

Thank you so much in advance....
Go SCB to do the transfer.

As for dividend, suggest waiting till after book record date then transfer

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this.

Do you know what the cost is like to move each US counter from POEMS to SCB?

I think Sinkie would be clear on this.

I did that last time when I move my OCBC US holdings to SCB.
It cost a bloody $57 per counter. I have to arrange on both side. Of course there should be a cheaper way to do it, I was just silly. Don't follow my steps. Find a cheaper alternative or just buy/sell.

GoldenBargain

Reaction score
I think Sinkie would be clear on this.

I did that last time when I move my OCBC US holdings to SCB.
It cost a bloody $57 per counter. I have to arrange on both side. Of course there should be a cheaper way to do it, I was just silly. Don't follow my steps. Find a cheaper alternative or just buy/sell.
That is crazy pricey! i might as well just park what i have leftover in POEMS in POEMS till i am ready to sell. And just continue trading with SCB. Sigh...pricey mistake

sunht

Master Member
Reaction score
all my SG stock are now in CDP, if I switch to SCB, can just sell those share directly?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Shifus,

How to check how much transaction/brokerage fees have i paid?

U mean from all your trades thus far? No way to check.

If you mean individual trade each time, it's listed before you click confirm to buy/sell. After that you can just calculate backwards from the amount given/deducted from your trading price.

E.g. you put a $150 buy on BRK.B and it goes through. The $$ they deducted from you is maybe $150.60, so $0.60 is the comm+GST+etc. fees.

EvilPaladin

Master Member
Reaction score
U mean from all your trades thus far? No way to check.

If you mean individual trade each time, it's listed before you click confirm to buy/sell. After that you can just calculate backwards from the amount given/deducted from your trading price.

E.g. you put a $150 buy on BRK.B and it goes through. The $$ they deducted from you is maybe $150.60, so $0.60 is the comm+GST+etc. fees.

yea I was trying to see if i can get the brokerage fees from all trades and lump them together. at least less work.

i guess i got to do the primitive way for the last few purchases. (Guess i will record down next time when i do a purchase)

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea I was trying to see if i can get the brokerage fees from all trades and lump them together. at least less work.

i guess i got to do the primitive way for the last few purchases. (Guess i will record down next time when i do a purchase)

I keep the paper statements they send to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.