SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
hi guys.

from what i know, if u fail ippt. next window(apr2015) have to attend 20 RTs.

Is this the same as defaulting Ippt tho?

Onelastwish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys.

from what i know, if u fail ippt. next window(apr2015) have to attend 20 RTs.

Is this the same as defaulting Ippt tho?

no la

if you take and fail, not consider defaulting IPPT.

Defaulting is when you don't even attempt to take your IPPT.

thaiboy

Reaction score
Hi,if my unit send me a letter for reporting at the unit for failure to take ippt. But was two months back. If I miss the summary trial on that day due to overseas. Would like to know what's the consequences? Thanks in advance. There is no call up notification on ns.SG or SMS. Just the letter into the letterbox.

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,if my unit send me a letter for reporting at the unit for failure to take ippt. But was two months back. If I miss the summary trial on that day due to overseas. Would like to know what's the consequences? Thanks in advance. There is no call up notification on ns.SG or SMS. Just the letter into the letterbox.

If you can't make it for the summary trial, it's best to just call them and arrange another day. Don't try to ignore it even if there is no notification on NS.SG, will only get yourself in trouble.

Calander

Reaction score

when calling the hotline, is better to follow up with an email to the ns portal stating that u have made the call with regards to your matter, the date and time and the person who attended to your call.

following which, when your unit is to contact you, kindly request the caller to send an email back to you so that you have the black n white especially in the event you are still being charged.

by the way, are you from the army, navy or rsaf?

Calander

Reaction score
May I know what is the period Khatib FCC is closed for booking due to CNY?

it's well clearly stated in ur NS portal if u did not even check it..

"Please note that ALL FCCs will be closed from 24 Dec 2014 to 1 Jan 2015, and 18 Feb 2015 to 23 Feb 2015 for holiday seasons."

it all takes a few clicks to get there

TPS Timonty Mok

Reaction score
If I was previously posted to NSPC which doesn't require me to take IPPT and last year November I was posted to a unit and my birthday is on March so do I need to clear my IPPT in between November last year and March this year (which is only around 4 months) or during this period it is consider as year 0 and my IPPT window will only start on March this year my birthday?

Calander

Reaction score
If I was previously posted to NSPC which doesn't require me to take IPPT and last year November I was posted to a unit and my birthday is on March so do I need to clear my IPPT in between November last year and March this year (which is only around 4 months) or during this period it is consider as year 0 and my IPPT window will only start on March this year my birthday?

What does ur portal says? And by right it should be considered as Year 0.

TPS Timonty Mok

Reaction score
What does ur portal says? Andrew by right it should be considered as Year 0.

it said that I have not attempted ippt from 18 March 2014 to 17 March 2015 and said I have to attempt and take IPPT by 17 March 2015 but I was only posted to the new unit on 2 november 2014 and before that I was under NSPC which doesn't require me to take IPPT.

also I did not receive any letter or sms asking me to take ippt either for the past 1 year.

Last edited:

Calander

Reaction score
it said that I have not attempted ippt from 18 March 2014 to 17 March 2015 and said I have to attempt and take IPPT by 17 March 2015 but I was only posted to the new unit on 2 november 2014 and before that I was under NSPC which doesn't require me to take IPPT.

also I did not receive any letter or sms asking me to take ippt either for the past 1 year.

i see.. as said earlier, ur case might be year 0. but nevertheless, better call the ns hotline now as its avail 24/7, so that your S8 Br can take on ur case early next week so as to avoid any unnecessary charges or issues.

especially when u do not hav much time left to ur end of the window.

TPS Timonty Mok

Reaction score
i see.. as said earlier, ur case might be year 0. but nevertheless, better call the ns hotline now as its avail 24/7, so that your S8 Br can take on ur case early next week so as to avoid any unnecessary charges or issues.

especially when u do not hav much time left to ur end of the window.

Thank you for your advices. :)

Just now I have called the NS hotline and told him thatI have black and white stating that I do not need to take IPPT on my posting order to NSPC. He said that he will feedback to my unit.

Pyro77

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, got some questions on IPT.

Is it true now that once you take 10 IPT, clear or no clear the banding, you will be released/considered complete your obligations for the year?

Also, how long does 1 IPT session typically last at bedok fcc?

Calander

Reaction score
Hey guys, got some questions on IPT.

Is it true now that once you take 10 IPT, clear or no clear the banding, you will be released/considered complete your obligations for the year?

Also, how long does 1 IPT session typically last at bedok fcc?

yes is true... n every IPT lasts about 45mins from 7pm to 8:30pm..

n take note.. all FCCs runs at the same timing and duration.

Ah_Tiong_Kia_001

Reaction score
if let's say i tio charge for the first time for defaulting IPPT due to some reasons, is it possible to plead the NSSC JDO to change the 20 RT sessions to IPT sessions since I am not going to pass the IPPT anyway after answering the charge?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.