Okay to use stack in the airport and on the airplane anot?

Reaction score
Going to travel tmr so I'm wondering if it is okay to use and show my stack in public in the airport. Will the security stop me and question me?

Also, can listen to music with it on the plane or not? Will it interfere with some electronics in the aircraft?

Please share your experiences and advice. Thank you.

Also, happy CNY and 恭喜发财!

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of can use anywhere... Listen to announcement on plane...when to use electronic devices

Although a lot of people bochup.... Just use 100% through out the flight

Usually is communication device that need to be switch off

As for security..... Hum depends bah... U got the suspicious/fishy face.... They may want to check....

Last edited:

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going to travel tmr so I'm wondering if it is okay to use and show my stack in public in the airport. Will the security stop me and question me?

Also, can listen to music with it on the plane or not? Will it interfere with some electronics in the aircraft?

Please share your experiences and advice. Thank you.

Also, happy CNY and 恭喜发财!

as long as not going to US, its so far so good. but i would recommend that you separate the stack while going thru security scan...

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i once brought a stack, i did exactly what i told you, they are cool.

so on board the plane, then i put things together. lucky got fellow music enthusiast saw what was doing, and we shared our gears. hahaha!

*side note, you'' definitely get random stares from people, like wtf are you putting things together, but simply just plug your headphone or earphone in your ear first.

Reaction score
Haha thanks guys!!! Will make use of your advice :) I hope my face not fishy 😅

Hope to find fellow audiophiles on the flight too haha. Would be cool

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
I usually start listening to my music when I board the plane till it takes off. So far no flight attendant have told me to switch off my dap though. I keep my dap/phone in my pocket or on my lap. I think as long as your device's display isn't lit up, they won't question much. Or you can take AirBus flights, they do not require you to switch off electronic devices upon taking off though. :s13:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got no problems too, I brought my setup aboard few times
without custom asking me any questions.

jelt2359

Reaction score
I fly few times a month, and I ALWAYS kenna the flight attendants. Unless I sit in the middle of the plane, preferably aisle or middle, then I have a chance if I put it on after they're finished with safety demonstrations.

But then some people will give me angry looks like I endanger their lives.

Nowadays I give up and just use when seatbelt sign is off. Sigh.

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u scared cant make pass security, just break the stack first ba :o

jelt2359

Reaction score
That being said, I've taken lotsa equipment (like 4-5 amps and dacs) on board, no customs even bother to ask before.

Reaction score
Hmm... singapore security seems damn lax with it 😂

I remember hearing from somewhere that a security officer mistook his stack for a C4 bomb 😂. Looks like it def didn't happen at our airports so heng ah

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.