Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Thanks.

So in other words if I were to set the selling price to be at 0.315 but the only offer price is 0.310, does this mean that the transacted price will be 0.310 then?

To put it simply for limit orders at $x, as a seller you would not want to sell any amount below $x, while as a buyer you would not want to buy any amount above $x.

sub_07

Reaction score
Ah... For instance if I buy a stock today at $200 but I want to instruct the brokerage to sell at $210, what do I do? Key in a limit order and put in the price at $210?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SCB has removed market order.

Simply, market order is buy at any price the market has on offer.

Limit order is you set a price and the transaction only goes through if there is a better offer than your price.

sub_07

Reaction score
SCB has removed market order.

Simply, market order is buy at any price the market has on offer.

Limit order is you set a price and the transaction only goes through if there is a better offer than your price.

So in other words, base on my below illustration, I should set my limit order at $210?

horlickz

Reaction score
Having said that, the last time i transferred from CDP to SCB, they didn't charge me the transfer fees. I guess it will be more strictly enforced if you transfer the shares out from SCB to CDP. Hope this helps!

Just checked at SCB branch, they'll charge transfer fee for CDP to SCB. :(

horlickz

Reaction score
yup. not worth it. just sell and buy. Unless your per counter holdings is huge.

It's not per counter but S$10+ per 1,000 shares.

And they refused to waive even when the value of the counter is in 6 digits.

Doesn't make sense to sell/buy just to "earn" that 0.07% :s22:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It's not per counter but S$10+ per 1,000 shares.

And they refused to waive even when the value of the counter is in 6 digits.

Doesn't make sense to sell/buy just to "earn" that 0.07% :s22:

Wor, for real?
Last time I exchanged some from cdp to scb, but my counters are mostly US counters with less than 1000 shares per counter.
I pay by a per counter basis though. As for the 1000 shares cap I dunno.

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
Just checked at SCB branch, they'll charge transfer fee for CDP to SCB. :(

my bad, it's $10.70 per 1,000 shares.

but they don't charge any fees for transferring in to SCB as seen in the T&C below

19l112.jpg

horlickz

Reaction score
my bad, it's $10.70 per 1,000 shares.

but they don't charge any fees for transferring in to SCB as seen in the T&C below

19l112.jpg

Will check at another branch tonight.

According to the branch I went to, SCB doesn't charge anything for transfer in but CDP charges (S$10.70/1,000 shares). They will in turn back charge me :s22: :vijayadmin:

EDIT: Also the value in securities account isn't considered under the AUM for their priority banking... so 0.2% commission is actually lousier than most other brokerages for larger sums

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Will check at another branch tonight.

According to the branch I went to, SCB doesn't charge anything for transfer in but CDP charges (S$10.70/1,000 shares). They will in turn back charge me :s22: :vijayadmin:

EDIT: Also the value in securities account isn't considered under the AUM for their priority banking... so 0.2% commission is actually lousier than most other brokerages for larger sums

True that, 0.2% is higher than others, but unless you are buying/selling say $10k+ each time, you are better off using scb.

horlickz

Reaction score
True that, 0.2% is higher than others, but unless you are buying/selling say $10k+ each time, you are better off using scb.

Yup, transactions <$50k standard chartered is worth it; but their service/platform is terrible as is their support for corporate actions.

Price point is their only advantage, and even in that area you better not accidentally accumulate past the S$50k mark :s39:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup, transactions <$50k standard chartered is worth it; but their service/platform is terrible as is their support for corporate actions.

Price point is their only advantage, and even in that area you better not accidentally accumulate past the S$50k mark :s39:

Accumulate 50k? what do you mean? I mean on a per transaction basis. That is buy/sell per trade less than 10k.

horlickz

Reaction score
Accumulate 50k? what do you mean? I mean on a per transaction basis. That is buy/sell per trade less than 10k.

I mean if you accumulate >50k in one stock and sell it off in one shot... you'll pay back the savings u made buying on SCB's platform in the first place. Of course, u can always wait 24 hours to sell again at a possibly lower price. :s13: Effectively there's a financial penalty for big trades on top of its other negatives.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I mean if you accumulate >50k in one stock and sell it off in one shot... you'll pay back the savings u made buying on SCB's platform in the first place. Of course, u can always wait 24 hours to sell again at a possibly lower price. :s13: Effectively there's a financial penalty for big trades on top of its other negatives.

Wrong on timing.

You don't need to wait 24 hours. As was said, buying or selling in more than 10k will cost higher and there's no 2 way about it. Whether you sell that 10k in 1 shot, or split into mutiple shot in 1 day, or over several day, you will incur the same cost.

I get what you are trying to say is don't accumulate more than 10k worth of stocks and sell in 1 go. But the savings from that build up should save you enough to make that 1 shot negligible.

glorious94

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just want to check if i made 3 buy transactions and 3 sell transactions before. Will i be able to open a stan chart account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.