High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
b7b5bd55-6ff7-4ba2-8005-910e5aeb4869160237226.png

ed70451b-e8e2-48f7-9a05-889fe5f59f72150867880.png

Sent from ME using GAGT

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone recently took Qatar airways from SG to london? Is the airline flying over iraq and syria trouble airspace?

Last edited:

westsideguy

Reaction score
I took qatar from sg to london this month, and like you i was worried so i googled the flight path beforehand. Seems like they are diverting around the syrian and iraq airspace. When i was flying, i think the plane did a north arc towards london.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I took qatar from sg to london this month, and like you i was worried so i googled the flight path beforehand. Seems like they are diverting around the syrian and iraq airspace. When i was flying, i think the plane did a north arc towards london.

Ya. Really abit worried. Haha. Because when I look at Qatar website flight map. The line shows that it was directly across Iraq and Syria? Then I Google and there was an article from last Aug14 that they also will TEMPORARILY follow other airline to avoid Iraq airspace.

It seems that Qatar always one step later to avoid trouble airspace compare to Emirates.

I hope they are not too confident abt the situation now happening and continue to fly normal.

kaihiong89

Reaction score
Hey guys, am planning for a two weeks trip to Europe.
Taking KLM for this trip. Any opinions on the journey and the cost? Thanks!
2wzHF6A.png

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, am planning for a two weeks trip to Europe.
Taking KLM for this trip. Any opinions on the journey and the cost? Thanks!
2wzHF6A.png

It's a good price. KLM service is not bad. Schipol is easy to transit. Try to take a morning flight from Munich to Amsterdam and spend a day roaming in Amsterdam Centraal. Flight from Amsterdam to SG is late evening if I remember. Just don't take Air France. KLM and Air France are partners and there's the option of selecting either flights on the KLM website.

westsideguy

Reaction score
Ya. Really abit worried. Haha. Because when I look at Qatar website flight map. The line shows that it was directly across Iraq and Syria? Then I Google and there was an article from last Aug14 that they also will TEMPORARILY follow other airline to avoid Iraq airspace.

It seems that Qatar always one step later to avoid trouble airspace compare to Emirates.

I hope they are not too confident abt the situation now happening and continue to fly normal.

Well i think the qatar website is just showing the default flight path, and doesn't take into consideration the diversions nowadays. If you checkout flightradar24 and planefinder, you might see a different story. From what i observed yesterday, there's practically zero planes flying across that region.

jameschee

Reaction score
The cheapest I've bought would be Singapore to London and by from Milan by Etihad
In total paid about 620 and it's actually cheaper if the outbound change to Paris that cost 608.
If you don't mind take off from Bkk, Norwegian air offering 500 plus return to Oslo/Copenhagen, with additional flight to Bkk on your own.

volley05

Reaction score
The cheapest I've bought would be Singapore to London and by from Milan by Etihad
In total paid about 620 and it's actually cheaper if the outbound change to Paris that cost 608.
If you don't mind take off from Bkk, Norwegian air offering 500 plus return to Oslo/Copenhagen, with additional flight to Bkk on your own.

when did you fly? 620 is so cheap! i got my tickets from qatar to london and back from rome at 880 for august and i tot is was the best deal already!

jameschee

Reaction score
when did you fly? 620 is so cheap! i got my tickets from qatar to london and back from rome at 880 for august and i tot is was the best deal already!

Gonna fly end of oct, it has gone up quite a bit but for 690 to Paris and 740 to london available still!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.