MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

zer0ne

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

That statement was taken out of context. We have informed the user that our engineers are looking into optimizing the DNS. We'd gladly post updates here as well :)

ya finally able to beo Soccernet after so many days

dej9j972a09cnd0zg.jpg

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
I also expect service standard to drop with aggressive marketing but the drop has been too drastic to the point where it is mostly non-existant

When I wanted to recontract I was in limbo for a few months

Well, I guess this is what happen when MR grow too rapidly. MR tried to gain market share as quickly as possible and the best way is through aggressive pricing. However, they simply could not keep up with the demand and ended up killing themselves. Their extremely thin margin means they have limited budget on customer support. This way, they end up losing customers in the long run instead.

IMHO, VQ did the right thing. They position themselves as a premium ISP and with premium pricing. This way, they have fewer customers and they don't kill themselves. They could also deliver better service and keep their customers happy. Since they don't get into a price war, they could still have a healthy profit margin.

I believe this is also why the big 3 don't get into a price war. They will all end up killing themselves. When they see MR having such pricing, they never try to fight with MR but stick with their own pricing instead. I think they already know what will happen to MR later.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess this is what happen when MR grow too rapidly. MR tried to gain market share as quickly as possible and the best way is through aggressive pricing. However, they simply could not keep up with the demand and ended up killing themselves. Their extremely thin margin means they have limited budget on customer support. This way, they end up losing customers in the long run instead.

IMHO, VQ did the right thing. They position themselves as a premium ISP and with premium pricing. This way, they have fewer customers and they don't kill themselves. They could also deliver better service and keep their customers happy. Since they don't get into a price war, they could still have a healthy profit margin.

I believe this is also why the big 3 don't get into a price war. They will all end up killing themselves. When they see MR having such pricing, they never try to fight with MR but stick with their own pricing instead. I think they already know what will happen to MR later.

M1 tried to fight MR leh, with their $39.99/mth 1gbps plan. ST tried to follow but their pricing is like VQ pricing, and with their reputation, its :s22::s22::s22:

idmanotic

Banned
Reaction score
M1 tried to fight MR leh, with their $39.99/mth 1gbps plan. ST tried to follow but their pricing is like VQ pricing, and with their reputation, its :s22::s22::s22:

Btw, I am also using ST due to miotv :s13:

At least for me its still working fine. I don't have much problem apart from the crappy 5520 modem back then, now using 7002 so no complain.

But I have to say I am impressed with ST's torrent speeds. I am able to get 20MB/s sometimes. Thats like 160Mbps.

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

That statement was taken out of context. We have informed the user that our engineers are looking into optimizing the DNS. We'd gladly post updates here as well :)

so what DNS must we be using?

micheloving

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They even tried to offer remunerations to break contract with traffic light BB to sign up with them . It backfired as it causes 2 big problems one is they could not keep up with the standard of service with the new surge of customers. They alienated still ongoing customers like me as they not no resources nor incentives to keep the old customers ongoing on to resuming new contracts .

They even punish old customers wait weeks or even months and made to pay premium monthly bb fees while waiting for wanting to resume the contract of higher speed which is stupid and ridiculous .

Not really the best business model out there really:s8:.

Since all the other ISPs pretty much has little/no throttling now , there no pt to go back to myrepublic horrible service and suffer humiliation:s12: .

roomer

Reaction score
Just saw MR advertisement in MRT train.

Wonder how many Fiber subscribers there are in Singapore, according to the ads, it seems MR has about 30k+ of them... is it a high number to support for a consistent and smooth experience ?

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also expect service standard to drop with aggressive marketing but the drop has been too drastic to the point where it is mostly non-existant

When I wanted to recontract I was in limbo for a few months

I signed up for upgrade in Jan 2014... They contacted me only after one year, I straight away tell them I no longer interested......:D

necxross

Reaction score
I signed up for upgrade in Jan 2014... They contacted me only after one year, I straight away tell them I no longer interested......:D

constructive comments improve society. chatter wastes time

Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is MR down in Serangoon?
PC shows connected but no wifi and even hardwired also no access
Sometimes Chrome get Resolving Host then nothjing happens
IE also cannot load

Restarted router and PC still no good
Tech support cannot get thru

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.