SAF IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

dreamztheone

Reaction score
they should start a new thread comparing old and new ippt systems. they sent me a pamphlet but i a bit catch no balls..

Jay Bee

Banned
Reaction score
Dunno is it same as previous system?
Today I already booked a RT session at Khatib, but I got something on, so I just ignore it and rebook another session?

Notice this new system allow me to book 19 sessions within a year instead if the usual 20 sessions within 3 mths :)

ah u knn, book liao, nv go and nv cancel, waste slot, make other ppl cannot book. win liao lor :(

hereticBoi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question: My last year i had ipt and was in ppt 2, i passed the ppt but failed the ippt.
So this year i should be in ppt 3 right? On my 1st session - IPT-IPPT, i achieved the ppt 3 standard.

Does that mean i fulfilled my ippt/ipt/rt obligations for the year and don't need to go for the rest of my sessions?

Also, will NS portal reflect this or do i have to go for the 2nd session yada yada yada?

devilboi88

Reaction score
Need help with a question.

I passed my ippt for this year's window (till april 2015). I am going for ICT in March 2015 and I read that there is an ippt scheduled during the ICT.

Does it mean that it doesnt matter if I pass or fail since I already cleared?
If I pass(with bronze), do I get an incentive for the second time?

Calander

Reaction score
Question: My last year i had ipt and was in ppt 2, i passed the ppt but failed the ippt.
So this year i should be in ppt 3 right? On my 1st session - IPT-IPPT, i achieved the ppt 3 standard.

Does that mean i fulfilled my ippt/ipt/rt obligations for the year and don't need to go for the rest of my sessions?

Also, will NS portal reflect this or do i have to go for the 2nd session yada yada yada?

assuming ur mentioned "1st session" is correct, u have actually had your 1 out of 10 IPT sessions. Therefore, you have not fulfilled your obligations yet.

You should therefore book a IPPT and meet the band 3 standards or better. Only than you are considered completed as you already have your banding from your 1st session.

However, if the results from that first session of yours happens to satisfy band 4 requirements, you have raised your bar higher to pass your IPT.

Note that requirements and banding will change wef Apr 15. Stay tuned for details by the media.

Calander

Reaction score
Need help with a question.

I passed my ippt for this year's window (till april 2015). I am going for ICT in March 2015 and I read that there is an ippt scheduled during the ICT.

Does it mean that it doesnt matter if I pass or fail since I already cleared?
If I pass(with bronze), do I get an incentive for the second time?

it does not matter if u pass or fail. but your unit will definitely be pressurising you to pass as this reflects the unit's fitness level.

incentives for second time - yes. only if your second time qualifies for a higher award with balance top-up. For example, you had passed and got $200. In your second time you got a silver where the award is $300. It will minus from your $200. Which means u will get the balance of $100.

If you got higher award first, and lower award second, it will be nothing.

hereticBoi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
assuming ur mentioned "1st session" is correct, u have actually had your 1 out of 10 IPT sessions. Therefore, you have not fulfilled your obligations yet.

You should therefore book a IPPT and meet the band 3 standards or better. Only than you are considered completed as you already have your banding from your 1st session.

However, if the results from that first session of yours happens to satisfy band 4 requirements, you have raised your bar higher to pass your IPT.

Note that requirements and banding will change wef Apr 15. Stay tuned for details by the media.

My band was 2 last year. This is the first session for the window. Doesn't that mean it doesn't matter how you perform at the first session? And i thought your band only +1 per year?

kumokumo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last year I completed IPT 10 sessions but failed, this year no need RT?

This year if I complete IPT 10 sessions but fail, next year no need RT?

Every year take 10 IPT better than 20 RT.

devilboi88

Reaction score
it does not matter if u pass or fail. but your unit will definitely be pressurising you to pass as this reflects the unit's fitness level.

incentives for second time - yes. only if your second time qualifies for a higher award with balance top-up. For example, you had passed and got $200. In your second time you got a silver where the award is $300. It will minus from your $200. Which means u will get the balance of $100.

If you got higher award first, and lower award second, it will be nothing.

I see! Didnt know that, thanks alot!

Calander

Reaction score
My band was 2 last year. This is the first session for the window. Doesn't that mean it doesn't matter how you perform at the first session? And i thought your band only +1 per year?

no. your theory only applies if you faired below the high banding requirement.

if let say for example, previous window you are band 1, and for this window u met band 4 requirements, than your this window is to meet band 4.

that's why the 1st IPT is always a banding ippt.

hereticBoi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. your theory only applies if you faired below the high banding requirement.

if let say for example, previous window you are band 1, and for this window u met band 4 requirements, than your this window is to meet band 4.

that's why the 1st IPT is always a banding ippt.

Oh, then thank god the pti -1 off my Chin up, or else i would have passed for nothing and sent myself up 2 bands.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score

Now is always +1 every year cos many people will chaokeng and fail jialat jialat to get band 1 every year.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
y7zhSYO.jpg

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I don't get it.

1st 12-month window take 10 IPT sessions. If fail, 2nd 12-month window take 8 RT sessions. If fail again, 3rd 12-month window straight away 20 RT sessions???

Calander

Reaction score
I don't get it.

1st 12-month window take 10 IPT sessions. If fail, 2nd 12-month window take 8 RT sessions. If fail again, 3rd 12-month window straight away 20 RT sessions???

i know the broucher is quite misleading. but what they meant by failing IPT is when u did not have 10 sessions of IPT, or failing to meet your PPT in your IPPT during your IPT phase.

perhaps u can take this misleading info up to the straits times and have an official public reply.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
i know the broucher is quite misleading. but what they meant by failing IPT is when u did not have 10 sessions of IPT, or failing to meet your PPT in your IPPT during your IPT phase.

perhaps u can take this misleading info up to the straits times and have an official public reply.

I see. Hmm, maybe I will do it next week.

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
just booked ippt for next saturday morning. hopefully the monetary awards are the new ones haha. huat ahhhh

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Here is what I see from NS Portal

More understandable

D3MC0Nb.jpg

GUeOPG2.jpg

WiYh7hU.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.