Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to find much info on it.

Anyone has experience with daikin super multi hw. The multi split that comes with a water heater for efficiency. Daikin

AcItaly this technology same as York malaysia and now has need bought over by Daikin.

The storage tank selling separate, but the idea also same as storage tank.
When long time no switch on Aircon the water can't keep as hot as you want.

Got advantage like you can wave the electric draw in for free by Daikin Aircon current and usage only.

Last edited:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your but...? FOC? lol

It's a Mit StarMex System 2. Price include free installation, bracket, disposal of old unit, normal piping and 5 yrs warranty on parts labour.

They are now installing. Both Malaysians and very friendly.

Later need to clean up...................:o

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone know about Mit Starmex system 2 inverter use unit without installation price?

Thanks.

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read from some other forum that Mit Electric Inverter Aircon will still draw substantial current if you are on standby mode unless you switch off the main power.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I read from some other forum that Mit Electric Inverter Aircon will still draw substantial current if you are on standby mode unless you switch off the main power.

That is minimum for standby current, don't try to switch on & off from main switch very often, can be easily damage on PCB not up last.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
That is minimum for standby current, don't try to switch on & off from main switch very often, can be easily damage on PCB not up last.

Yes, agreed.
Switch off your main power only when you are going for a holiday.
If not, you can leave it on always.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes, agreed.
Switch off your main power only when you are going for a holiday.
If not, you can leave it on always.

Agreed with you also if go for 1 month long holiday maybe or not to turn off..

Since inverter unit can be save more energy then do not bother for standby mode charge for $5 per monthly.

Just buy less 4D only lol

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To Peterho69,
9k btu for bedrooms & 12k for living will be sufficient.
Mitsubishi / Daikin / Panasonic are good choices.

thinkhardhard

Reaction score
I'm staying in a resale condo unit which is turning 9 years old. Recently I got air-con service guys to come over and service and they found out that 2 of my aircon units are faulty and beyond repair as compressor is spoilt.

These 2 aircon units are in living hall and bedroom 2 (br2 aircon seldom use) both sharing same compressor. Should I replace these 2 with system 2 as well? Or since all the aircon units are quite old, should I change all units to new ones, including the currently still functioning one in master bedroom?

My living hall, dining area and kitchen is in rectangular shape and is open concept, there is no windows/doors separating the areas. The faulty aircon unit is located in living hall where we watch tv. So when calculating living btu, do i just calculate based on living hall area? Or do I need to include dining area as well?

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm staying in a resale condo unit which is turning 9 years old. Recently I got air-con service guys to come over and service and they found out that 2 of my aircon units are faulty and beyond repair as compressor is spoilt.

These 2 aircon units are in living hall and bedroom 2 (br2 aircon seldom use) both sharing same compressor. Should I replace these 2 with system 2 as well? Or since all the aircon units are quite old, should I change all units to new ones, including the currently still functioning one in master bedroom?

My living hall, dining area and kitchen is in rectangular shape and is open concept, there is no windows/doors separating the areas. The faulty aircon unit is located in living hall where we watch tv. So when calculating living btu, do i just calculate based on living hall area? Or do I need to include dining area as well?

How often you switch on Aircon for daily basic?

If you don't mind for higher untility bill then just repair it for some time needs and turn on for while.

If you has consider using everyday for bedroom then go with inverter Sys 2 for 24k in living hall & 12k or 10k for bedroom.

Cause inverter really help the bill cut down into half.

DW

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get 4 blowers for my 3room flat. One for living room, another for dining room and 1 for each bedroom.

I would say 90% of the time, the living room and master bedroom would be heacily used as I'm staying alone. Dining room unit is for when I have guests over.

How many BTUs should i be looking at for this arrangement?

Should i got for 2 compressors as well?

My ID recommened big pipe for installation.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
I'm looking to get 4 blowers for my 3room flat. One for living room, another for dining room and 1 for each bedroom.

I would say 90% of the time, the living room and master bedroom would be heacily used as I'm staying alone. Dining room unit is for when I have guests over.

How many BTUs should i be looking at for this arrangement?

Should i got for 2 compressors as well?

My ID recommened big pipe for installation.

Mind to post the floor plan here..
Can't imaging 3 room flat got dining in separate area.

terumo

Reaction score
To thinkhardhard,

You have any floorplan?
I can estimate the btu requirements for you.

DW

Master Member
Reaction score
Mind to post the floor plan here..
Can't imaging 3 room flat got dining in separate area.

No problem.

Thanks for helping out.

you can see fro the plan that the living and dining is quite separate.

IMG-20150108-WA0008_zpsafbwkzyy.jpg

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
No problem.

Thanks for helping out.

you can see fro the plan that the living and dining is quite separate.

IMG-20150108-WA0008_zpsafbwkzyy.jpg

Kitchen is open concept?
If kitchen cum with dining then go for 12k should not wrong.
For living room for 12k is ok
The rest 2 room go for 10k should ok.

Just consider for 10 x 2 + 12 + 12 for system 4 :)
If needs more stronger airflow can consider for 18k also at living room that is another option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.