MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Alamakazim,

Thanks for providing your ID to us. We're looking into your request tickets now and will be contacting you soon regarding your connection issues.

In the meantime, we've noticed that you're using your own router. Could you furnish us the router brand name and model?

Thanks!

TP-Link TL-WDR7500

blitzio

Reaction score
Still no reply or solution on my issue posted on page 1 of thread from MR. Even on email support.

casshern

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi MR,

just like to check, my home is undergoing reno for 1 month. I will move to my sister's brand new BTO in Punggol. She do not have any lines etc there, but i suppposed the FT should already be installed since its a new BTO.

Can i temporary shift my MR line to her new flat for one month while my current home is undergoing reno?

Many thanks.

Solkarnar

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi MR,

just like to check, my home is undergoing reno for 1 month. I will move to my sister's brand new BTO in Punggol. She do not have any lines etc there, but i suppposed the FT should already be installed since its a new BTO.

Can i temporary shift my MR line to her new flat for one month while my current home is undergoing reno?

Many thanks.

Technically yes, but not feasible. There is a relocation charge for one. And you have to trust MR not to fk it up.

Vincym

Reaction score
Anyone knows how long it takes for MR to install fibre at a brand new place from the point of ordering?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Internet and wifi still down despite pc showing Internet is connected status
Browser keep showing 'Resolving Host' despite to Google DNS
Rebooted router still same problem

Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No issue on my side.

Did you test with direct connection from ONT?

Direct connection to ONT is fine.
Internet just normalized
Spoke to tech support and they scheduled to replace the ONT on Tuesday.
Why ONT when its working?
She implied that its not MR problem since their nw showed my connection was "normal".

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Direct connection to ONT is fine.
Internet just normalized
Spoke to tech support and they scheduled to replace the ONT on Tuesday.
Why ONT when its working?
She implied that its not MR problem since their nw showed my connection was "normal".

MR -> TP -> ONT -> Router -> Computers

If I am not wrong, MR can only see the connection from MR to TP/ONT which deems as normal.

It could be the ONT that is causing the instability of your Internet connection. Since MR scheduled to replace the ONT, then just monitor after the change of ONT.

TechZSG

Reaction score
4190812027.png

Getting decent dl speed via MR 200mbps trial.

But latency to D3 EU server is still as bad as M1 (when I was staying @ The Sail).

Hope that undersea cable fix (SMW-4) gets done soon.

Johnnny

Reaction score
Hi MR,

Many thanks.

Hi,

you can do that provided there's a one time charge for relocation of services at $58.

However we do not advise you to do so as when you start using the TP port, it's harder for the next connection to come through. Refer to ON TP installation problems.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.