MyRepublic fibre - Part 5

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Johnny
As updates for my case apart from replacing the ONT tmrw?

Johnnny

Reaction score
Johnny
As updates for my case apart from replacing the ONT tmrw?

We'll have to wait for the tech notes on your case. Hopefully it is the ONT and not NLT/ON network, which means another layer of investigations. Keep us updated on the maintenance!

blitzio

Reaction score
Johnnny,

I haven't heard back from you guys on my issue for 2 weeks now, even on email support.

linix

Reaction score
Need some advise here.

I am intending to terminate my MR fiber plan, how long will the process take (my contract is until 5th Apr 2015).

Anything to take note of?

Alphaen

Reaction score
Hey Johnnny and MR crew,

Glad to see a further investment in outreach. Would love to get help on an issue I'm facing. I've already contacted support on this and awaiting a reply still but posting here so we can see if others are having the same issue as well.

I'm currently subscribed to a paid service called NTV which I use to watch live streams in HD or SD for live football and other TV channels from around the world. However I can't seem to keep a stable stream and my connection buffers constantly.

sqnt374.png

y7HT2BH.png

I used to have this similar issue with Twitch as reported months ago, if you see my records and have been working back and forth reporting issues and info about it. The Twitch issue has improved since then so I was hoping you could also look into this. When I turn my paid VPN service on, it stabilises a little bit, but then still buffers which kind of proves that there is a connection issue on our end to the site because the VPN seems to circumvent that.

I hope you guys could please look into the external connection we have to NTV and tweak it a bit to improve the streaming situation like you guys seem to have had with Twitch.

Some info on my configuration:

• Wired connection to AC66U router
  • Using the default MyRepublic DNS
  • No other noticable connection issues on other sites or services

Thanks and look forward to a solution soon.

Hey Bro. How much did you pay for this service? How is the quality of the live football? near mio/starhub?

casshern

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

you can do that provided there's a one time charge for relocation of services at $58.

However we do not advise you to do so as when you start using the TP port, it's harder for the next connection to come through. Refer to ON TP installation problems.

Hi Johnnny,

So meaning it will be 2 x 58 dollars when i shift the line back to my renovated place? or 58 for both relocation of services?

Also, what installation problems are there?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We'll have to wait for the tech notes on your case. Hopefully it is the ONT and not NLT/ON network, which means another layer of investigations. Keep us updated on the maintenance!

My internet and wifi is down again since this morning.
I have Yellow Triangle icon at bottom of my PC but router shows connected status

Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before. ONT change is this afternoon
Reset the Router n still have problem
Connected direct to ONT seems fine though

Johnnny

Reaction score
Johnnny,

I haven't heard back from you guys on my issue for 2 weeks now, even on email support.

Hi blitzio,

We do apologize if we missed out on your query. Can you PM us your Customer ID and issue again? ><

Johnnny

Reaction score
Hi Johnnny,

So meaning it will be 2 x 58 dollars when i shift the line back to my renovated place? or 58 for both relocation of services?

Also, what installation problems are there?

Yes, it's $58 x 2, per relocation.

The issue is that fibre network is still very basic. If you relocate to that unit, the 1st port will be registered to your name. If you move out, the next user either has to use the 2nd port (which is not connected in most households and will take extra time up to 6 weeks) or, in laymans term, swee swee do all the paperwork, make sure all the timing zai so when you move out, the 1st port is unregistered and the 2nd user can take it. This takes about 5 working days or longer.

If you're using the Nucleus Connect modem, we strongly advise you not to do the method above. We face a lot of issues migrating from NC.

Johnnny

Reaction score
Before. ONT change is this afternoon
Reset the Router n still have problem
Connected direct to ONT seems fine though

Definitely the router got problem. I'll contact the tech to add router change as well.

edit: I can't find the maintenance schedule under your IDs. PMed you for details

Last edited:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MR guy came and confirmed no issues with ONT
Reconnected Asus Router and all ok
Router was disconnected to send back to Aasus forr replacement as Asus tech support confirmed this morning that problem could be router
However, when reconnected back, all working

Btw, my model is the RT56S and MR-provided router is RT56U.
Is there any difference between the S and U models?
I bought the 56S from Challenger

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MR guy came and confirmed no issues with ONT
Reconnected Asus Router and all ok
Router was disconnected to send back to Aasus forr replacement as Asus tech support confirmed this morning that problem could be router
However, when reconnected back, all working

Btw, my model is the RT56S and MR-provided router is RT56U.
Is there any difference between the S and U models?
I bought the 56S from Challenger

Are your model RT-AC56S?
MR provided RT-N56U or RT-AC56U router?

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just replace a new router from Asus this afternoon.
So far so good
Will continue to monitor

blitzio

Reaction score
Hey Bro. How much did you pay for this service? How is the quality of the live football? near mio/starhub?

Hey man, paid 19.95 Euros or about 30 SGD for the sports package, but not sure now if I will renew again for next month as MyRepublic connection cannot tahan the HD streaming. A real shame for so called gigabit fibre.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.